Week 1: Ravens' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

2014? We're still hearkening back to two seasons ago? Sheesh!

No, to last season when the defensive genius took a top 3 defense and made us bottom half of the league. We will improve because we can't get much worse but no way we are top 3 again. My frustration is in the front office bringing in a defensive coach that was obviously going to completely revamp a defense that was already good. The lack of foresight is amazing. Now we will spend 3 years obtaining the correct personnel, learning the scheme, executing, only to have the coach fired and we are back to square one. If they are going to be a Rex defense then let's just go for it and have some continuity, too late to do anything about it now. It's just frustrating that we had to go through this when we already were a good defense. Every time I see Dareus dropping back im going to be upset because I know what we had when we had the most dominating DL in the NFL

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, to last season when the defensive genius took a top 3 defense and made us bottom half of the league. We will improve because we can't get much worse but no way we are top 3 again. My frustration is in the front office bringing in a defensive coach that was obviously going to completely revamp a defense that was already good. The lack of foresight is amazing. Now we will spend 3 years obtaining the correct personnel, learning the scheme, executing, only to have the coach fired and we are back to square one. If they are going to be a Rex defense then let's just go for it and have some continuity, too late to do anything about it now. It's just frustrating that we had to go through this when we already were a good defense. Every time I see Dareus dropping back im going to be upset because I know what we had when we had the most dominating DL in the NFL

No we did not! Brady and the Pats lit the 2014 Schwartz D up at the Ralph and they were easily handled by Rivers and SD too. Did you conveniently forget that? At any rate, both 2014 and 2015 are over, but no one can make you move on.

No we did not! Brady and the Pats lit the 2014 Schwartz D up at the Ralph and they were easily handled by Rivers and SD too. Did you conveniently forget that? At any rate, both 2014 and 2015 are over, but no one can make you move on.

2 passing teams lit up our secondary. Doesn't change the fact that we had the best DL in the NFL. We were talking about the pass rush:

2014 sacks = 54

2015 sacks = 21

You said Rex will be creative with the pass rush. We don't need to be creative. Too much thinking. I prefer you beat your guy and hit the QB and that's what these guys prefer too. When you have Dareus and Hughes in coverage and Robey rushing the passer, no wonder we can't get to the QB

I dont think your gonna see Marcel dropping in coveage much this year

2 passing teams lit up our secondary. Doesn't change the fact that we had the best DL in the NFL. We were talking about the pass rush:

2014 sacks = 54

2015 sacks = 21

You said Rex will be creative with the pass rush. We don't need to be creative. Too much thinking. I prefer you beat your guy and hit the QB and that's what these guys prefer too. When you have Dareus and Hughes in coverage and Robey rushing the passer, no wonder we can't get to the QB

2014: 9-7 (8-8 if you ask me since I don't count the win at Foxboro)

2015: 8-8

2016: We'll soon see.

Moving on!

2014 sacks = 54

2015 sacks = 21

Its a different defense....more complicated....in its 2nd year

Give it a chance

My Take. These first four games are a challenging stretch. Out of the first 4 I believe it's the most winnable. If the Bills don't take advantage of this stretch go at worst 3-1 while the Pats are Bradyless. Then we will make it 17 years and counting. Write it down.

I really don't know what to think about this team at this point, particularly on defense.

This time next week I'll hear the NFL on CBS theme music and become unreasonably nervous.

But I'm ready. Go Bills!

Edited by CNY315

Well said.