Week 1: Ravens' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see them trotting out ILB Zach Orr as a first-year starter. I see him being listed at 225 pounds.

Up front, I see a handful. Brandon Williams is the best NT in the NFL.

I think Williams is above average, but IMO he's not in the same league as Mebane and Snax.

I agree, however, that their LBs are a weak point

I think Williams is above average, but IMO he's not in the same league as Mebane and Snax.

I agree, however, that their LBs are a weak point

Someone I know was watching Williams for the Bleacher Report NFL1000. He was tweeting out some plays along the way, that's a man possessed.

Mosley is awesome at ILB but Zach Orr is such an unknown. Got to test him out early and often.

Someone I know was watching Williams for the Bleacher Report NFL1000. He was tweeting out some plays along the way, that's a man possessed.

Mosley is awesome at ILB but Zach Orr is such an unknown. Got to test him out early and often.

I think he's a good player for sure, just not as enamored with him as others apparently are--Moseley can ball for sure, but I think the other 3 (Orr/Suggs/Elvis) are nothing special in terms of run D.

I would play a lot of 12 personnel against them and force the edges of Baltimore's defense to widen, creating space for Roman to get his linemen moving.

A lethal pass rush is much more important than rushing defense in today's NFL. By far.

Look at the top ten rushing defenses from last year, or just look at the playoff teams from last season. I was surprised when I saw that stat, sure some of it can be attributed to good teams having leads and forcing teams to pass but they all did well in YPC as well as yards a game. Run D still matters, I'm on record saying we will be in the lower third of the league against the run this year.

Look at the top ten rushing defenses from last year, or just look at the playoff teams from last season. I was surprised when I saw that stat, sure some of it can be attributed to good teams having leads and forcing teams to pass but they all did well in YPC as well as yards a game. Run D still matters, I'm on record saying we will be in the lower third of the league against the run this year.

duly noted. we should start a club. I think we will be top five against the run.

last year was the broken plays that killed us. Just like with Schwartz

duly noted. we should start a club. I think we will be top five against the run.

last year was the broken plays that killed us. Just like with Schwartz

I hope your right! I'm taking my dose of playoff medicine this week and my Darby jersey has been waiting months for the big day on Sunday. Football is finally here that's all that really matters, winning would be a plus but cold drinks, family, and food is less than a week away! Go Bills.

I hope your right! I'm taking my dose of playoff medicine this week and my Darby jersey has been waiting months for the big day on Sunday. Football is finally here that's all that really matters, winning would be a plus but cold drinks, family, and food is less than a week away! Go Bills.

Thats the spirit my friend !!

Go Go Ronald !!

If the Bills are going to be a playoff team this year, they have to understand how important this game is.

This is a game that could be vital for playoff tie breakers.

This is a game that the Bills should win, the Ravens offense is not that strong.

The Bills will have to force the Ravens to pass a lot. It'll be good to have Kyle back, but we need to see how Adolphus Washington does in meaningful games.

The Ravens defense is tough, and the Bills have to protect Tyrod. The Bills have to be able to run the ball. If they can, they will win.

I know this all sounds simple, I just don't think the Ravens are that good this year.

Having said that, the Ravens always play tough at home and John Harbaugh always gets the best out of his players.

Week 1 games are tough to predict, I just think the Bills are the more talented team, and I think they will win.

On another note, I saw that the Jets signed LB Victor Ochi, recently released by the Ravens, to their practice squad. I wish the Bills would have picked him up.

Edited by Mark Vader

Williams is a stud interior lineman, Mosley is good but may have benefitted from veteran Daryl Smith the last couple years. Orr looks very eager to get downhill vs the run.

Am I the only person that sees a HUGE mismatch in the Bills' rushing offense vs the Ravens' run D?

Yes, but I do think Roman has a few wrinkles for this game that we haven't seen often.

https://gfycat.com/LimpKindHoneybee

post-26230-0-44255000-1473118943_thumb.png

Edited by Cover 1