Gragg & TE Depth

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting if the bills brought in Jordan Cameron when that was supposed to be "the answer" to them losing Clay.....

Two tight end sets with Clay and Cameron?

There is a legitimate chance he will be cut. Maybe not more than 50% but surely a legit chance. He would be able to negotiate with any team. Chances are he would find a team he may be able to start on, and would choose them over the Bills. It's also possible he would want to play in a TE friendly offense with only one, maybe two sound WR options.

Well looks like Gragg is out with an ACL which really sucks. Feel bad for the guy! Clay better stay healthy because after him, who do we have? Not at all impressed with Dray, Annen and Oleary. Seems like we need to bring a few guys in. Who's out there that we can go after?

the reality is we shot the TE budget on Clay. He goes down, that's about it.

There is a legitimate chance he will be cut. Maybe not more than 50% but surely a legit chance. He would be able to negotiate with any team. Chances are he would find a team he may be able to start on, and would choose them over the Bills. It's also possible he would want to play in a TE friendly offense with only one, maybe two sound WR options.

I would say ours is a TE friendly offense and he could get plenty of passes here. (is Chandler still available)

I threw my peanuts in disgust. serious BS tackle

This, and Biermann makes a textbook tackle and gets roughing the passer. Tough game.

Dray caught the ball early and he can block. Annen and O leary are good enough behind Clay.

Now if Clay goes down we are screwed

Oleary stinks. He will be among the first round of cuts.

Just watched the game on DVR. That was one of the dirtiest hits I've ever seen. You don't see that kind of hit ever in a real game. Hall should have been ejected, or a Bills player should have been ejected going after him. Shades of the Sabres turtling after Lucic took out Miller. If the refs aren't doing their jobs, sometimes you gotta take matters into your own hands. The NFL needs to land on Hall, and they need to land hard.

I know this is desperation speaking, but I am still holding out hope that O'Leary is a "late bloomer" in the pros and will show more than we currently expect when he makes the final roster. He is more skilled than he has currently shown.

I know this is a minority opinion, but I agree. Still seems to me to be a higher upside guy than the alternatives.

I know this is a minority opinion, but I agree. Still seems to me to be a higher upside guy than the alternatives.

It depends on your expectations. Can he become that TE3 that Dray currently is? I think so.

He's always going to be hampered by his length and general sub-par athletic ability. Technique as a blocker is getting better.