Tough scheduling break.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, teams put no gameplan together for preseason. If you really think preseason play is any indication of how these teams will play when the bullets fly for real, you might need to follow a different sport. Buffalo should have no problem with Baltimore.

I get that not all things are math. That's why they play the games. But against the same team Baltimore won on the road and we lost at home. On the surface both were one point games but add 3 to Bal for the road while subtracting 6 from Indy for going road to home and subtract 3 from the Bills for being at home while adding 3 to Baltimore for heading home and that is a 17 point difference. That's a lot of math to ignore. I'd even argue that home openers are more of an advantage so maybe as much as 20 points. How many points can anyone possibly subtract for it being a preseason game? Even if you say it makes a 10 point difference which is too much IMO then we are between a 10 to 30 point underdog in week 1.

Getting to 1-0 will take a major upset. I'm not saying it can't happen but there is no way you can count on that. It's like Appalachian State over Michigan a few years ago basically.

You forgot to mention the unfortunate circumstances that have come into play in game 4. Rather than play an injured brady (who couldn't even play in week 2) we will have to face a healthy, younger and much more handsome QB in Garafolo. Another instance of the schedule makers playing a cruel trick on our Bills.

You also forgot that by then our Gronkowski will have given so many purple nurples by their Gronkowski that he'll pass off the Bills playbook without even pausing.

Dude, teams put no gameplan together for preseason. If you really think preseason play is any indication of how these teams will play when the bullets fly for real, you might need to follow a different sport. Buffalo should have no problem with Baltimore.

Some teams put game plans together for preseason, others opt for going vanilla. It depends on goals of each team.

C'mon, no one is handsomer than Tom Brady

oakland-raiders-vs-new-england-patriots-

tom-brady-042015-getty-ftrjpg_199igcajbb

T*m ought to watch out - he wandered when Moynahan was pregnant (cheater) and maybe Gisele will do the same!

Baltimore was pretty bad last year so it looked like a winnable road game in the opener. That would have been a nice start. But they're 2-0 already including a victory over a team that best us. They look like contenders for the AFC. It seems like we always play teams at the wrong time.

The fact that you are judging ANYTHING by pre season really makes me just shake my head

The fact that you are judging ANYTHING by pre season really makes me just shake my head

I get that preseason is different but the differences in Bal/Ind vs. Bills/Ind were too much to ignore don't you think?

The one thing I'm hoping factored in is that at one time Baltimore moved to Indy. There is still animosity there from Baltimore and some of yesterday's game may have been won on emotion. Buf/Bal is not really a rivalry, but to the extent it is, it would work in our favor with TT trying to beat his own team. Who knows, but I'd have to think we'll be 10-14 point underdogs there.

I get that preseason is different but the differences in Bal/Ind vs. Bills/Ind were too much to ignore don't you think?

The one thing I'm hoping factored in is that at one time Baltimore moved to Indy. There is still animosity there from Baltimore and some of yesterday's game may have been won on emotion. Buf/Bal is not really a rivalry, but to the extent it is, it would work in our favor with TT trying to beat his own team. Who knows, but I'd have to think we'll be 10-14 point underdogs there.

You can gleam nothing from preseason.......other then watching the play of individual players.

but....if you MUST draw a comparison.....keep in mind that starters against starters (with the likes of Watkins, Our whole starting left side of D line, Meatball, etc......we have been BETTER then the starters of both of the teams we have faced in the first two preseason games.

but...its preseason.....no game planning.....so I dont take too much

You forgot Indy used to be in the AFC East, so there's some rival history there with Buffalo also.

You can gleam nothing from preseason.......other then watching the play of individual players.

i agree it isn't too shiny but can we discern anything? I think so.

......we have been BETTER then the starters of both of the teams we have faced in the first two preseason games.

Better when?

You forgot Indy used to be in the AFC East, so there's some rival history there with Buffalo also.

True but i think the city move is more lingering than the division move. Indy splits that hate 4 ways.

Op is trolling because he couldn't find any reasons to cry about Rex Ryan yesterday.

Gotta do something to keep his name and silly stories on page 1.

So you liked the 3rd and long layoff Beckham coverage when the starters were in? Rex sucked plenty yesterday as usual but the Giants sucked more, I'll give you that. The point is simply that Baltimore looks better than last year.