Kid's Day - Pop $2, Water $5

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It takes two to tango. Spend your money elsewhere, and see what happens. Unless of course being a willing victim is your thing. Just remember that your kids are watching.

What's your point? I'm not sure what you're getting at. Am I not supposed to drink water on one of the hottest days at the Stadium? I'm not gonna risk dehydration or heat stroke. It was that hot there yesterday, as we were in the front row, right near the turf on the sunny side of the stadium. Many people left before halftime because of the heat.

Do stadiums not serve tap water for free?

Nope. The girl that sat next to us said she went to four concessions asking for a cup with ice and they all refused her saying they needed the ice to keep the drinks cold. She finally went to a beer concession because it was nearing halftime and when they told her no, she said you're not gonna need all that ice pretty soon, so they finally gave her a small cup with ice. I mean seriously.....the stadium only has enough ice for that few hours? I'm pretty sure they have their own ice makers and can produce as much ice as humanly possible. It's a !@#$in joke how cheap they are in respect to !@#$ing water. Water is a neccesity!!!

Aren't they required by law (or by licensed food establishment rules) to give cups of tap water for free?

Not sure how it works regarding establishments like New Era Field and such, but when I worked for UPS we were told that it was against the law for anyone to refuse you water if you asked for it. On overly hot days if I ran out of water, I would drink from people's hoses if no one was home. Always felt like I was doing something wrong, but it was legal and it tasted great!

Aren't they required by law (or by licensed food establishment rules) to give cups of tap water for free?

I think you are correct. Have always received water at a concession stand whenever requested. However, they certainly are under no obligation to provide cups with ice.

Most games l bring a cap in, buy a bottle of water, and then refill at the fountain. Pretty easy to do. Now I do to keep my hangover down next day, and not cause it's hot, but that's a whole other story!

I was shocked when the vendor, who was actually the conehead vendor from the Amerks and Red Wings games in Rochester, said $10 for two waters. My buddy says to him...."did I break something?". To which the vendor replied, "I don't set the prices, I make $9 an hour to sell this stuff". So the Bills pay maybe 50 cents per bottle and charge $5.00 even. So they might make $4.50 per bottle and we bought two. That's a $9 profit that took maybe 15 seconds to cover the $9 an hour cost of the employee. How many waters you think this dude sells in an hour on a humid ass 90+ degree day? Highway robbery at its finest.

It's pretty complicated though. The reason that concessions are expensive at stadiums/arenas is because of how many hands are in the pot. You have Delaware North, the Bills and the county I believe (it was the state here in New Orleans). By the time you pay for your cost of goods and overhead each group makes very, very little on concessions. It's a drop in the bucket. The average customer (5 years ago anyways) spent $12 a game which was the highest in the league. Our profit as a team was less than $2 on that.

It's pretty complicated though. The reason that concessions are expensive at stadiums/arenas is because of how many hands are in the pot. You have Delaware North, the Bills and the county I believe (it was the state here in New Orleans). By the time you pay for your cost of goods and overhead each group makes very, very little on concessions. It's a drop in the bucket. The average customer (5 years ago anyways) spent $12 a game which was the highest in the league. Our profit as a team was less than $2 on that.

Didn't look at it that way. Makes sense though. As soon as I left the stadium, I hit the first store and got me some purple drank which made everything good.

That would assume he's employed. :beer:

Good point. I'm not so sure Karlos even has the IQ to pull off a knock knock joke.

Ha ha, hopefully Dareus stayed away. Did you see in the Dareus thread that someone saw him out at like 2:00 AM?

Yes I did. Sounds like he was gonna go balls out before checking in.

This just made me spit out my drink.The cost for fountain soft drinks is WAY cheaper than the cost for bottled water. This isn't some crazy oversight being "so Bills." It's simple business.

They weren't fountain drinks. It was bottled pop and snapple.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Took my son to the game. It was brutally hot in the stands. Went out at the end of the first quarter and saw the $2 pop sign and mistakenly thought water was the same. Was shocked to get charged $10 for two bottles of H2O.

So much for encouraging kids to drink healthy.

image.jpg

That sign is the real crime.

Couldn't even be bothered to take the Word Doc out of Calibri. SMDH

38 posts about how much it costs to attend a football game. You guys realize at other stadiums it's more expensive. Going to a Bills game is one of the most reasonably costing stadiums in the US. If you don't like it, I understand, just don't go.

There is a reason why I only take my boys to 1 Bucs game a year (I live in Tampa) It's expensive. To take the two them to a game with parking, club seats, or not, food and beverages is several hundred dollars.

Besides, I'd much rather watch most games on TV.