Bills reach stadium naming rights agreement with New Era

YoloinOhio

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The top 8 naming rights in the NFL span from 450 million down to 200 million. Not sure how 35 million makes it into the top 10.

Was going by an outdated page but they are behind Seattle which looks like they are 12th or 13th at 5.1m per year. Those numbers are over the length of the contract. Miami is 250m but over 18 years.

This was an actual caller to Murph's show on WGR today around lunchtime:

Caller: "Hey Murph, I don't really have a problem with New Era naming the stadium, but I was kind of wondering why they called it Field instead of Stadium."

Murph: "What do you mean?"

Caller: "Well, I mean, it's a stadium so I think they should have called it New Era Stadium."

Murph: "What about Lambeau Field, or Soldier Field?"

Caller: "Yeah, well I think they should have called it Stadium."

Murph: "Ok, thanks for the call..."

:doh:

Caller: "Hey Murph, I don't really have a problem with New Era naming the stadium, but I was kind of wondering why they called it Field instead of Stadium."

Caller: "Well, I mean, it's a stadium so I think they should have called it New Era Stadium."

no kidding. The calls to that show are brutal. I thought there would be fewer drunks at noon.

You can't be shocked by this. :lol:

no kidding. The calls to that show are brutal. I thought there would be fewer drunks at noon.

You can't be shocked by this. :lol:

Then another guy called in and said his New Era cap was made in China so he doesn't like the deal.

Then another guy called in and said his New Era cap was made in China so he doesn't like the deal.

Back to back calls actually. Then Murph, and whoever else was in the studio, started checking their hats for tags. Couldn't find anything though. Amazing radio

Has there ever been anything worse (or comically better) than the dumb people that call into shows? I love listening to stupid arguments with no support. I think that is a large part of my love for this site. In addition to the great Bills talk on here we get some of the craziest opinions imaginable, as an example when BB suggested Skelton for Mario. I am not picking on BB because I think that he consistently provides a unique outlook and perspective on the team; he's a good poster.

Has there ever been anything worse (or comically better) than the dumb people that call into shows? I love listening to stupid arguments with no support. I think that is a large part of my love for this site. In addition to the great Bills talk on here we get some of the craziest opinions imaginable, as an example when BB suggested Skelton for Mario. I am not picking on BB because I think that he consistently provides a unique outlook and perspective on the team; he's a good poster.

This i why i never call.

I will be exposed for the idjit i truly am.

Was it Jeff Gordon?