Bills' 2016 Training Camp - Day 11 (10 AM - 12 PM)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

@viccarucci

My 3 #Bills Thoughts lead off w the lack of depth on the offensive line being exposed early. NEW at BN Blitz: https://t.co/iDszVhRWGg

PITTSFORD -- Here are my three thoughts on the Buffalo Bills as they enter their ninth practice of training camp at St. John Fisher College Tuesday:

1. Monday was a revelation.

2. Having Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus practice for the first time in camp allowed the defensive line to show off its ability to create some fairly significant mismatches.

3. The continued delays in the Bills defining the medical status of rookie linebacker Reggie Ragland is a bit strange.

I don't believe an orthopod would operate on an ACL tear before letting the swelling subside. Sorry Vic, that's pretty much SOP.

It seems like a long time to me but he was supposed to have the exam yesterday with the docs. Rex said there was too much swelling to provide an update. I don't know if that means he didn't have the exam or what. I know swelling affects what you can see on an MRI but don't know if they were able to do any kind of exam at all.

It just seems like we would have heard something yesterday.

If it was a complete ACL tear aka a Grade III sprain, the structure and the stability tests the trainers/medical staff did right after he was hurt would have told them that. It's more accurate than an MRI. Unless the Bills aren't letting that out, which at this point they technically don't have to, I take this as a good sign.

IMO, I think they know it's either a Grade I or II sprain but the swelling isn't letting them know exactly which one it is or how bad of either of those it is. There's not point in guessing until they know. So we wait.

1. Bills OC Greg Roman says Charles Clay "has to be" a bigger part of offense this season. "We missed some opportunities with him last season."

4 retweets7 likes

Retweet

More

2. OC Greg Roman of the #Bills: "We want to be able to run it with numbing repetition. We want to be able to throw it with numbing repetition.

More
  1. OC Greg Roman of the #Bills: "We want to be able to run it with numbing repetition. We want to be able to throw it with numbing repetition.

What about kicking?

Roman essentially said they used a limited playbook last season but this year they will delve deeper. Said Tyrod benefited from the QB competition last year and has taken full command as a leader.

Camp Highlight: GOODWIN DIVING CATCH (0:28)

WR Marquise Goodwin hauls in a diving catch on a pass from EJ Manuel in the 7-on-7 portion of practice.

CAMP HIGHLIGHT: TAYLOR TD, GIVES BALL TO KID (0:25)

QB Tyrod Taylor runs it in for a touchdown and then proceeds to give the ball away to a lucky young fan.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz