RG III Named Browns' Starting QB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad RGIII will get a shot to resurrect his career. He was so good and dynamic his rookie year but he just seemed to get !@#$ed over by the Redskins handling of his initial major injury that it just ruined the next 3 years of his career. With the Browns RGIII will actually have a chance to make a comeback esp if Josh Gordon comes back anywhere close to the way he was. I am not saying RGIII will ever be the player he was but he at least will have a chance to.

RGIII is the only choice they have. They're tanking whether they want to or not. Nothing they could do about it outside of apparently paying Brock Osweiler ridiculous money to be somewhat better than RGIII.

It's a win win. You scratch the lottery ticket on RGIII, take a shot that he maybe regains his rookie year form (He is only 26). If he is good you have a franchise QB, if he gets hurt or is just ineffective you get the tank you wanted and get a shot at a good QB coming out of the draft.

Im just sayin....its a great thing how this worked out for us

what if

McCown ended up being the QB we brought in

Does TT ever get his chance?

At the end of it we found our QB....and the browns are still searching.

I'm not ready to get drunk on the Koolaide you are drinking just yet. We all hope that TT makes some major advancements this year when the real football is played. But it is way too early to anoint him a Franchise QB just yet. Remember Trent, Edwards, Fitz. ... They all looked good to the hungry eyes wishing for them to be the one. Don't repeat history and anoint them too soon. Let him prove it this year first.

I am glad RGIII will get a shot to resurrect his career. He was so good and dynamic his rookie year but he just seemed to get !@#$ed over by the Redskins handling of his initial major injury that it just ruined the next 3 years of his career. With the Browns RGIII will actually have a chance to make a comeback esp if Josh Gordon comes back anywhere close to the way he was. I am not saying RGIII will ever be the player he was but he at least will have a chance to.

Washington didnt handle the injury great, but RG3 deserves alot of blame too. You could maybe argue he wasnt healthy enough in year 2, but the next two years Griffin refused to put in the work and subsequently lost his job. He has no one to blame but himself

Completely expected. They need to see if they can fix RG3 and reclaim his career. They might as well try. Their other options are McCown, who's an old vet, and a late 3rd round rookie in Kessler. It's a very similar situation to what the Bills faced last year when I said they might as well give Taylor a shot.

I agree completely expected, but does anyone else think it's funny to have a team announce that they're going to announce the starter?

I mean, why not just announce it? Are they afraid that if they don't provide pre-event indicators, no one from the press will show up?

Washington didnt handle the injury great, but RG3 deserves alot of blame too. You could maybe argue he wasnt healthy enough in year 2, but the next two years Griffin refused to put in the work and subsequently lost his job. He has no one to blame but himself

When you're right, you're right.

I just don't think RG3 is going to have an excellent NFL career. Hope he's improved some, because he was just awful at going through his progressive reads. His wheels are broken and that was a major part of his game and responsible for much of his early success. JMO.

Im just sayin....its a great thing how this worked out for us

what if

McCown ended up being the QB we brought in

Does TT ever get his chance?

At the end of it we found our QB....and the browns are still searching.

I think with McCown TT still gets his chance but maybe EJ is the one who's cut

I think the Bills had a strategy A) see if EJ can take a step B) bring in a dark-horse 2nd tier FA - a guy with talent in college who's been sitting on the bench behind an entrenched starter C) bring in the best vet FA they could get their hands on.

Insider Rumor on this board had it that Rex really liked Taylor and was going to give him every chance to win the starting job. If that's true and they bring in McCown, but Tyrod has the preseason he had, I think he still starts, but McCown would have showed more arm than Cassel had left; guarantee or no guarantee EJ would have been traded or kicked to the curb; and it's possible we win one of the games where Taylor was out.

But I could be wrong and maybe conservatism (Roman? twas said he liked Cassel) would have won out and kept Taylor from a shot.

I just don't think RG3 is going to have an excellent NFL career. Hope he's improved some, because he was just awful at going through his progressive reads. His wheels are broken and that was a major part of his game and responsible for much of his early success. JMO.

It really depends upon what's in his head. I think his rookie success went there, and kept him from feeling an urgent need to develop his game. If his time on the bench caused him to re-assess and re-dedicate himself to developing as an NFL QB, he might have something.

Then again, he might not be able to develop as he needs to, just as it appears EJ is not able to take that step.

Edited by Hopeful

If he comes back anywhere close to the way he was he'll be suspended before week 8 for smoking pot. I hope he's changed.

@PFF

.@Browns RG3 looks similar to @Redskins RG3. A dispatch from #BrownsCamp: https://t.co/rrmzdRLtjB

Same old RG III?

The first look at Robert Griffin III in the Cleveland offense was both encouraging and discouraging, depending on how you look at it. He was very much still the same player he was in Washington, which is to say an impressive athlete with all the arm talent you could wish for, but one also severely limited as a quarterback.

I like RGIII, but It's hard to watch him play. I can feel him about to get injured every time he drops back. He seems so frail and unable to protect himself. It's like watching Bambi's mom when the hunters show up.

:lol:

That's perfect, and I'm going to think about that line every time I see him play this year.