Hall of Fame Game Canceled

Chilly

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL can't get the field right to play the game. Really sucks for the end of roster guys trying to make the teams, and I was definitely looking forward to some football tonight.

Link to Schefter: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/762422471144251392

Chilly you just broke my heart, dang was planning on winding down and watching some of that game.

Chilly you just broke my heart, dang was planning on winding down and watching some of that game.

Broke my heart too :( Maybe the NFL should spend a little more of the $15B in revenue on better paint for the field...

Edited by Chilly

Watching NFLN now. Looks like the 50 yard line, and the end zones are the problem. They just stated they put the field down only two weeks ago, and should have done months ago. 'M just watching like you guys, but looks to be a drainage issue.

It makes sense to me in that is it's a 5th pre-season game for these guys. If they actually played the game, i would'nt as a coach let one starter on the field. Let them take those risks in real games.

Canceled because of paint.Anyone else confused?I mean they play on snow,ice and rain.I'm all for player safety but unless it's led paint lit on fire I don't get it.

Olympics are on and the national attention wouldn't be enough to have the game televised.

He's been very outspoken about how players shouldnt have to play in meaningless games.

This is pretty embarrassing for the NFL. This is a billion dollar organization that cant get a field ready?

like I said already, what's more important, a meaningless game that will likely be overshadowed by the Olympics (ratings wise) or playing the game on a field with wet paint and possibly getting players injured(not because of the paint but the nature of the game)?

Edited by The Wiz

Watching NFLN now. Looks like the 50 yard line, and the end zones are the problem. They just stated they put the field down only two weeks ago, and should have done months ago. 'M just watching like you guys, but looks to be a drainage issue.

It makes sense to me in that is it's a 5th pre-season game for these guys. If they actually played the game, i would'nt as a coach let one starter on the field. Let them take those risks in real games.

if this was the jauron bills, this would not be a problem for us, we never got passed the 50 and always punted when we came close to it.

like I said already, what's more important, a meaningless game that will likely be overshadowed by the Olympics (ratings wise) or playing the game on a field with wet paint and possibly getting players injured(not because of the paint but the nature of the game)?

You guys are both right. The NFL made the correct decision, and it's an embarrassment that the NFL had to make that decision.

i haven't watched or won't watch any of the olympics. the only reason i realized it was on was because there was some tabloid about scandal for the gymnastics team.