JJ Watt has back surgery - hopes to be ready week 1

Texans say he will be ready for season ... But their fans are freaking out

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676105/article/jj-watt-undergoes-back-surgery?campaign=tw-nf-sf31493262-sf31493262

@rapsheet

On JJ Watts back surgery: Im told the recovery time is 6-8 weeks & it happened very recently. Puts him right up against the start of 2016

@craigzumsteg

JPP had back surgery for a similar issue 6/4/13. Missed preseason, and didn't have a great year. That was with an extra 6 week to recover.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I wonder if he hurt it while chopping wood or throwing tires or.... Just kidding. But something must have happened recently or he wouldn't be undergoing surgery a week before camp starts.

@mikegarafolo

On JJ Watt, texted with a source informed of his prognosis who pumped the brakes on early optimism. Cautioned it could take up to 10 weeks.

Each back surgery is different.

I had back surgery (TLIF - transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion) a few years ago. My back felt great the moment I woke up from the anesthesia. But the doctor wanted me to take it easy for 4 months. After that he told me I could play rollerball if I wanted.

SPEAKING AS SOMEONE WHO HAS HAd "multiple "back surgeries,,6-8 weeks !! fat chance..he likely had a lamenectomy ,,that is where the disc is trimmed so to speak,,,for it to fully heal its more like 6 months.. if he plays with it not fully healed .all a offensive lineman has to do is lean his weight on Watts shoulder ,he will be toast!

SPEAKING AS SOMEONE WHO HAS HAd "multiple "back surgeries,,6-8 weeks !! fat chance..he likely had a lamenectomy ,,that is where the disc is trimmed so to speak,,,for it to fully heal its more like 6 months.. if he plays with it not fully healed .all a offensive lineman has to do is lean his weight on Watts shoulder ,he will be toast!

He is a professional athlete so he might have a quicker recovery time. Regardless tho, back injuries suck

guy played ok last year but not first pick dominant. hopefully he's finally healthy and he gets back his sc days.

i agree - Clowney shows flashes of greatness but inconsistent. My guess is players don't change. He's going to flash because he's a freak, but doesn't put the work in to be consistently dominant. Edited by YoloinOhio