Who's Your Surprise Starter for 2016?

Greg Little is my sleeper to win that 3 WR role and revitalize a once promising career. He has size and strength that others in the pile of misfits lack. I have no idea how he has looked since signing here but if he gets his act together he would be a nice compliment.

Here is a short write up about him coming out of NC, it mentions his blocking which I'm sure tickles Roman's hairy little chin chin.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/greg-little?id=2495192

You've obviously never seen him play. lol

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gotta be Cardale... GOTTA be... Many here think he's not ready, and they may be right... The question I have is 'How fast can he BE ready?' That's really what all this is about... What person in the history of history was ever 100% ready for anything?

Blake Bortles... As highly as some here think of him, won just eight games in two years... Last season he led the league in interceptions... You gonna tell me THAT guy was ready?

By contrast Ben Roethlisberger went 13-0 as a starter.. That year he was supposed to sit behind Tommy Maddox and learn... Things changed under the hot lights... I think some get it together quicker than others... If Cardale finds a thing or two he really likes about Roman's offense, the entire process can go MUCH faster.

Tyrod is the favorite around here, and he may have earned that... Still, if there's an obvious upgrade anywhere on this team, we shouldn't hesitate to put it out there.

From more than one report, Cardale can't even figure out where to throw the ball in non-contact OTAs. He'll sink like a stone if he's got to play this year.

Ben started at Miami OH for 3 full seasons; there's no comparison between him and Cardale

My guess is that if either of the top 2 QBs gets hurt, they'll look for a backup from outside the organization.

If Cardale has to play, it's likely to be very, very ugly.

I am a huge Cardale fan. If he has to play in his 1st 2 years it will be ugly. He's very, very raw.

I am a huge Cardale fan. If he has to play in his 1st 2 years it will be ugly. He's very, very raw.

DITTO

He's just a looooong way from being ready is all.

Have a good 4th by the way...we're headed to the Williamsville fireworks show.

You've obviously never seen him play. lol

I have, in college. I'm pretty sure I indicated that I had no idea how his offseason was going and implied that I was basing my prediction off his physical ability not his NFL production. Let's face it he is competing with a pile of misfits, he had a chance to resurrect his once promising career. That is where I'm putting my money.

Most of the players mentioned are at positions of weakness where anything goes.

Seymour obviously would be the unforeseen one but the hype on him started when he was drafted and Robey was not good last year.

A real surprise would be someone like Justin Zimmer starting on the DL.

When they get the pads on and start hitting we will see if this guy fits in.

Bryant/Dareus/Williams is a solid interior if they are playing a 5 man front but they aren't very deep on the DL.

I know they have Washington penciled in as one of the starters but that seems a bit optimistic based on what he did at Ohio State. Got the impression Urban was glad to see him go.