Sheldon Richardson suspended 1 game

i actually expected more than 1 game with what he did. Also it's not his first suspension.

Agreed. I expected a bigger suspension that would get reduced after appeal. But I expected more than one game even after reduction. I guess it's so light because his previous suspension was for substance abuse and because there wasn't enough evidence to nail him on drug and child endangerment charges. Tough to believe that the NFL didn't have him in for a pee test right after though.

Edited by BarleyNY

What did he do?

Richardson was arrested for speeding and resisting arrest last July. He originally pled not guilty to the charges in August of 2015, but later amended the plea to guilty.

This could help the Jest since he probably would not have been ready week 1 of season; in fact if he does not sign tender then I think this would apply to first game after he signs tender.

Richardson was arrested for speeding and resisting arrest last July. He originally pled not guilty to the charges in August of 2015, but later amended the plea to guilty.

This could help the Jest since he probably would not have been ready week 1 of season; in fact if he does not sign tender then I think this would apply to first game after he signs tender.

Thanks. And I think 1 game is sufficient, although I'd love for it to be 2. But he may hold out and/or may not be in game shape by game 2.

Thanks. And I think 1 game is sufficient, although I'd love for it to be 2. But he may hold out and/or may not be in game shape by game 2.

It was the additional circumstances that made it look so bad. He was clocked speeding at 143 mph. He fled police and tried to evade and hide from them. There was a loaded handgun under the seat, the police noted a strong smell of marijuana and three other people, including his 12 year old nephew, were in the car. The gun was legally permitted and the police didn't find any marijuana or drug paraphernalia so only the speeding and fleeing and eluding charges stuck.

Richardson is under contract I believe. It's Wilkerson who isn't signed.

It was the additional circumstances that made it look so bad. He was clocked speeding at 143 mph. He fled police and tried to evade and hide from them. There was a loaded handgun under the seat, the police noted a strong smell of marijuana and three other people, including his 12 year old nephew, were in the car. The gun was legally permitted and the police didn't find any marijuana or drug paraphernalia so only the speeding and fleeing and eluding charges stuck.

If there was no actual marijuana or other drugs or drug paraphernalia found and the gun was legal, I still say 1 game is sufficient.

BTW, what's the status on the AG's investigation of Shady? Should we expect an arrest warrant any day now?

What did he do?

Driving 143 MPH while being pursued by police with 12 year old kid in the car and the smell of reefer .

You and i would be in jail long time.

was there a registered handgun too ?

absurd weak .

I thought he should be in jail when it occurred.

If there was no actual marijuana or other drugs or drug paraphernalia found and the gun was legal, I still say 1 game is sufficient.

BTW, what's the status on the AG's investigation of Shady? Should we expect an arrest warrant any day now?

and you call yourself a DR?

Obviously they tossed the drugs and who know what else.

A 12 YEAR OLD KID

GEEZUS

He should be banished as human being.

or maybe he was just confused from the drugs and that why he tried to run with his loaded gun ?

he should get four games four driving that fast with a child in the car under the influence of drugs. Not concerned about the gun that's our right.

The gun is a right for sure !

But loaded and loaded seem bad cocktail to me. I am quite perturbed about the preferential treatment here. By the folks that impose the laws.

I really do not care about the NFL suspension honestly.

But why the heck was this guy not jailed and beaten.

Disobeying authority.

A call to pull over with sirens and lights and then pursuit should be a felony charge. its a blatant f u you to the pursuers in Uniform !

He knew he was out of bounds.

I really do not get the lackadaisical attitudes across the board here.

Oh hi. sorry about that. I was so stoned i did not notice the speedometer or those red lights, the kid in the back or the lights and sirens or any other vehicles i might have put in danger. Ya feel me right Bro?

But i do not have any drugs with me now. Just this loaded gun in case of... something.

Just teaching this little kid how its done when you are rolling the stacks.

I cannot believe this crap is even slightly acceptable ! damn people !

Wheres the deserved moral outrage?

The gun is a right for sure !

But loaded and loaded seem bad cocktail to me. I am quite perturbed about the preferential treatment here. By the folks that impose the laws.

I really do not care about the NFL suspension honestly.

But why the heck was this guy not jailed and beaten.

Disobeying authority.

A call to pull over with sirens and lights and then pursuit should be a felony charge. its a blatant f u you to the pursuers in Uniform !

He knew he was out of bounds.

I really do not get the lackadaisical attitudes across the board here.

Oh hi. sorry about that. I was so stoned i did not notice the speedometer or those red lights, the kid in the back or the lights and sirens or any other vehicles i might have put in danger. Ya feel me right Bro?

But i do not have any drugs with me now. Just this loaded gun in case of... something.

Just teaching this little kid how its done when you are rolling the stacks.

I cannot believe this crap is even slightly acceptable ! damn people !

Wheres the deserved moral outrage?

:lol:

haven't read anything about this case just what has been said but if he lead a police chase he should definitely get some jail time.

Never mind. Just saw this: McCoy's attorney: No charges from Pennsylvania AG expected against Bills' RB

Driving 143 MPH while being pursued by police with 12 year old kid in the car and the smell of reefer .

You and i would be in jail long time.

was there a registered handgun too ?

absurd weak .

I thought he should be in jail when it occurred.

and you call yourself a DR?

Obviously they tossed the drugs and who know what else.

A 12 YEAR OLD KID

GEEZUS

He should be banished as human being.

or maybe he was just confused from the drugs and that why he tried to run with his loaded gun ?

I stand corrected. They should hang him.