MMQB Profile of Marquise Goodwin

so if you don't give a rats ass about JBoysts stories, why do you care about the loser that hasn't finished more than 8 games in a season and has amassed a grand total of 20 catches, 3 TDs and a handful of yards in 3 years?

And as I've said before as I'll reply to your comment to me... It's not about me and what I've done in my life. This is about Glass. He stinks. And no he did t leave his number on my wife's phone. To my knowledge, he's married and since he's such a saint I'm sure he's faithful. But if I did find his number on my wife's phone we would be arguing this because I'd kill him in a New York Minute.

No one seems to care more about him than you

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if you don't give a rats ass about JBoysts stories, why do you care about the loser that hasn't finished more than 8 games in a season and has amassed a grand total of 20 catches, 3 TDs and a handful of yards in 3 years?

I'm sorry, what does one have to do with the other? Your logic escapes me.

I'm sorry, what does one have to do with the other? Your logic escapes me.

o don't know. Your the one that brought it up...

"I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say that no one gives a rat's ass how many Olympic athletes you claim to have "known", and even you had known dozens, it would lend zero credibility to your argument."

JB is someone with some experience and knowledge at the topic we are all speaking. Instead you have decided not to respect his opinion on the subject and continue to have a man crush on old Glassy.

No one seems to care more about him than you

i can't help it. I'm a huge track and field fan.

Anyway, to someone who apparently sees the world in only dollars and cents, it's obvious as to why you're clueless about this whole thing.

When you make a commitment to someone because you want their money......and they pay you to follow thru.......but then you just don't do the work because you want to do something else........that's not OK.

Chasing your dreams is great..........but doing it at other's expense is at best unsavory.

When you make a commitment to someone because you want their money......and they pay you to follow thru.......but then you just don't do the work because you want to do something else........that's not OK.

Chasing your dreams is great..........but doing it at other's expense is at best unsavory.

And this is really what it all comes down to. I'm surprised nobody has made more out of the fact that Goodwin never even sought permission from the Bills to pursue his dream. He just went about training for the Olympics and when later asked said he "assumed" it was ok because of the public comments made by Rex about going for an Olympic medal.

The Bills never said anything because they (correctly) knew what sort of negative PR they would receive, but something rubs me very wrong that Goodwin didn't reach out to the Pegulas -- the people paying him -- directly and have a specific discussion about this whole endeavor. It's pretty clear he didn't based upon his own comments.

Anyway, the whole thing is now over and we'll see if the guy can even make the team.

And this is really what it all comes down to. I'm surprised nobody has made more out of the fact that Goodwin never even sought permission from the Bills to pursue his dream. He just went about training for the Olympics and when later asked said he "assumed" it was ok because of the public comments made by Rex about going for an Olympic medal.

The Bills never said anything because they (correctly) knew what sort of negative PR they would receive, but something rubs me very wrong that Goodwin didn't reach out to the Pegulas -- the people paying him -- directly and have a specific discussion about this whole endeavor. It's pretty clear he didn't based upon his own comments.

Anyway, the whole thing is now over and we'll see if the guy can even make the team.

your just bitter and hate him. Must be jealous. Just like all of us. And of course the Pegulas and Rex are jealous too. Probably because he has really soft feet and cries at sappy movies.

The good news is that Flash can focus his full attention on football. He did very serious training and diet off season to focus on track.

He can change his type of intense training and diet to football.

Other players get into trouble in the off season , get way out of shape , but not Flash.

Goodwin has this little thing with the Bills called a "contract". It is pretty specific about what he is not permitted to do in the offseason. It's pretty simple: If training for the olympics is not prohibited (and there is no reason it would be) then he doesn't have to ask anyone's permission to do it. Goodwin is an adult; he can make his own decisions about his life without first asking Terry or Rex. Edited by mannc

i found that comment a little bit strange too --- but i think that the idea of distractions and bad PR is not quite the concern you feel it is.

its incredibly easy to say "We support our players chasing their dreams and passions, but expect them to be here and be in condition to fulfill their contracts" and send a message without it being all that worrisome on any PR front.

Goodwin has this little thing with the Bills called a "contract". It is pretty specific about what he is not permitted to do in the offseason. It's pretty simple: If training for the olympics is not prohibited (and there is no reason it would be) then he doesn't have to ask anyone's permission to do it. Goodwin is an adult; he can make his own decisions about his life without first asking Terry or Rex.

Goodwin's outside activities have materially impacted his ability to give his best effort to his employer -- do you really dispute that?

Goodwin's outside activities have materially impacted his ability to give his best effort to his employer -- do you really dispute that?

I absolutely dispute that statement. There is not a scrap of evidence to support it.

we all have to some degree, as have his teammates to some degree, surely.

how much its effected his ability, and how much margin for error his natural talent gives him will be the questions.

and of course theres questions along the lines of who knows where hed be without that passion project to drive him. would he be a professional athlete without his olympic dreams?

I absolutely dispute that statement. There is not a scrap of evidence to support it.

Failure to attend any voluntary OTAs -- there's a scrap. Yes, they're voluntary, but how many physically capable players didn't attend?

Attendance at mandatory minicamp but refusal to participate because of Olympic training -- there's another scrap.

It will be nice to see Marquise dedicate himself to his job and find out what he can do.

And Robey, I mean Cmon... Focusing on his trucking business, what is he thinking!

The bills contract guys have really dropped the ball. I can't believe they don't have clauses prohibiting Olympic training, eating with your pregnant wife and business startup. What are they doing?!

we all have to some degree, as have his teammates to some degree, surely.

how much its effected his ability, and how much margin for error his natural talent gives him will be the questions.

and of course theres questions along the lines of who knows where hed be without that passion project to drive him. would he be a professional athlete without his olympic dreams?

It's been discussed, but there are certainly differences in the preferred nature and type of training required to be an Olympic long jumper vs. an NFL wide receiver. It's not all just running. When you have the injury history Marquise has, one would presume the Bills' trainers would prefer to see a training regimen that gives him the best opportunity to stay healthy -- not jump the farthest.

And as I've said before as I'll reply to your comment to me... It's not about me and what I've done in my life. This is about Glass. He stinks. And no he did t leave his number on my wife's phone. To my knowledge, he's married and since he's such a saint I'm sure he's faithful. But if I did find his number on my wife's phone we would be arguing this because I'd kill him in a New York Minute.

That's where you lost me. I'll never understand that sentiment. Why do you hold Glass to a higher standard than your own wife? He might not even have known she was married. If anything, kill her not the random guy.

Failure to attend any voluntary OTAs -- there's a scrap. Yes, they're voluntary, but how many physically capable players didn't attend?

Attendance at mandatory minicamp but refusal to participate because of Olympic training -- there's another scrap.

It will be nice to see Marquise dedicate himself to his job and find out what he can do.

I would love to see a day-by-day comparison of Goodwin's offseason with that of any other Bill. I don't think many people would argue that he is hurting himself or the team by training for the long jump.

I would love to see a day-by-day comparison of Goodwin's offseason with that of any other Bill. I don't think many people would argue that he is hurting himself or the team by training for the long jump.

You think training to jump the farthest is the same as training so your body can withstand the rigors of NFL football?