Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. 00pBlDJp_200x200.jpg

SABRES (29-31-12) at RED WINGS (28-31-11)

MON MAR 20, 2017 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: NBCSN

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 352)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 72 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 36 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 22 games
Kyle Okposo (ribs, March 4) – 8 games
Dmitry Kulikov (upper body, March 5) – 7 games
Justin Falk (calf, March 16) – 2 games
Cody Franson (undisclosed) – 0 games
Taylor Fedun (foot) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/16: Recalled D Taylor Fedun from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, March 21: Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 25: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, March 27: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 28: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 2: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 3 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at RED WINGS
This is the fourth and final meeting between the Red Wings and Sabres this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Detroit 3-2 (OT) in Buffalo on Jan. 20
The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings; 2-6-2 on the road
This is the 132nd game all-time between Buffalo and Detroit; Buffalo has a 57-57-18 series record.
The Sabres are 21-38-8 on the road against the Red Wings all-time.

Morning Skate: March 20, 2017 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Joe Louis Arena

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It sounds like the team could easily use playing time to persuade a college free agent to sign with the team. I'm not familiar with who is available just yet.

Paul Hamilton on WGR stated that Anaheim tried to trade Fowler to the Sabres for their first round pick in last year's draft, which turned out to be Nylander. They also tried to make a deal with Montreal. They also declined the deal for Fowler. Would I have made that deal even in hindsight? Absolutely not! In another year or two Nylander is going to be a top two line forward. Even now I regret trading a number one pick for Lehner who is playing well. Ottawa used that pick for one of the better prospects in the draft who is now close to being ready to play in the NHL.

The GM has made a lot of moves. I'm not criticizing him for being active in which some of the deals don't work out as well as expected. For me getting Evander Kane on the roster is a major positive deal.

It sounds like the team could easily use playing time to persuade a college free agent to sign with the team. I'm not familiar with who is available just yet.

I'm not sure if any more good FA college defenseman are left. I think a few have already been signed. I know Buffalo almost signed the guy who just went to Dallas. It was down to us or them and he chose them I guess. Hopefully there's more out there that I'm not aware of, because we have a spot for them! lol

I heard Buffalo is signing a LH D from the KHL though. Antikpin. He's actually supposed to be pretty good, but he can't play for Buffalo until next season I guess.

qR2VquaT_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

PENGUINS (45-17-9) at SABRES (30-31-12)

TUE MAR 21, 2017 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 360)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 73 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 37 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 23 games
Kyle Okposo (ribs, March 4) – 9 games
Dmitry Kulikov (upper body, March 5) – 8 games
Justin Falk (calf, March 16) – 3 gamesCody Franson (undisclosed) – 1 game
Taylor Fedun (foot) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/16: Recalled D Taylor Fedun from Rochester (AHL)
3/20: Recalled D Brady Austin and D Casey Nelson from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, March 25: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, March 27: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 28: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 2: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 3 p.m.
Monday, April 3: Toronto at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

PENGUINS at SABRES
This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Penguins this season.
Last meeting: Pittsburgh defeated Buffalo 4-3 in Pittsburgh on March 5
The Sabres are 1-8-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Penguins; 2-8-0 at home
This is the 185th game all-time between Buffalo and Pittsburgh; Buffalo has a 65-77-42 series record.
The Sabres are 41-28-22 at home against the Penguins all-time.

Dan Bylsma media availability: March 21, 2017 at 4:30 pm – 6:35 am at KeyBank Center

This is the 185th game all-time between Buffalo and Pittsburgh; Buffalo has a 65-77-42 series record.

This is one of the few teams I've noticed that the Sabres have an overall losing record against.

This is one of the few teams I've noticed that the Sabres have an overall losing record against.

the record against the Caps is unbelievable...growing up in the 70's and 80's, a game agaisnt the Caps was almost an automatic W.

87-48-15 and last 5 years the Caps have dominated the Sabres

This is the prospect the Sens selected with the 1st round pick GMTM surrendered for Lehner:

@JeffCoxSports

Expect announcement on BC soph. Colin White signing w/ Ottawa in next 24 hrs. Deal being finalized between agent Kent Hughes, AGM Randy Lee.

I never liked giving up a first round pick for Lehner. However, if he becomes our established number #1 goalie then no one can say that it was an unreasonable deal. I still unhappy with the deal but less so than before.

Edited by JohnC

Listened to a bit of GR this morning. Jeremy was saying bet the house on the Quins this evening.....fug it...just to make it interesting tonight...going a smidge on the Sabres in a shocker to win the game at +170

Jeremy is all over the place. He has been advocating for a change of coaching as if that is the central problem with this team. It simply lacks talent, especially on defense.

Without a doubt I'm disappointed how this season has materialized. But the deficiencies on defense can be addressed this offseason. Bringing in a couple of solid defensemen with the addition of Guhle should stabilize the defense. The biggest improvement next year is not going to be from the new players on the roster but from the younger players getting better.

I have much more optimism with the hockey team than I do with the football team. Trust the process. It actually is working with more to do.

Listened to a bit of GR this morning. Jeremy was saying bet the house on the Quins this evening.....fug it...just to make it interesting tonight...going a smidge on the Sabres in a shocker to win the game at +170

Good luck. Bruins lost on a tough call late against Toronto and are returning home and playing Ottawa tonight. A team they have struggled against and been ridiculed for failing to break their trap. I have a hunch they have a strong bounce back effort tonight and win this one.