Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Mike Harrington‏ @ByMHarrington

Eichel sat in full uniform in room as many of #Sabres had already left. Lehner came over, tapped him on the leg, shook his hand. #Sabres

I know they control his rights for quite a while but when your GM screws up everything that surrounds your superstar, it is tough to expect your superstar to want to stay. Eichel sounds like he realizes things aren't going anywhere the way they are being run. They would get a lot lot lot for him but don't be surprised if he asks to be dealt. Still, Murray can't do that.

And before you get all uppity about what I wrote ask yourself a couple of things. Clearly the season didn't go well. Does Eichel's action here display confidence in his future? Concern for it? Does it display trust in management to turns things around?

Murray had a superstar fall into his lap and in two years time the whole thing is screwed up. If the Coyotes had beaten us to the bottom, Murray's other crap would have done him in by now.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get your point about the gross draft order, but the lottery is the ultimate determining factor on who picks where.

maybe we finally win the lottery this yr, we are do.

Let's see if we can win the lottery. Not that I expect Murray to do anything with it.

Who's the top kid this yr?

Let's see if we can win the lottery. Not that I expect Murray to do anything with it.

Maybe he can get on stage to announce his pick, sound like a tough guy and just say the name of his pick in an obnoxious manner for dramatic effect.

Oh no wait. He's used that schtick already.

Maybe he can get on stage to announce his pick, sound like a tough guy and just say the name of his pick in an obnoxious manner for dramatic effect.

Oh no wait. He's used that schtick already.

What was so obnoxious about the manner in which the GM announced his selection? He went up to the podium and simply stated the name of the player that everyone knew he was going to select. There was no phony drama or silly chatter before the announcement. What do you want: A Rex Ryan clown act of going to the podium with his helmet on? There are many things you can validly criticize the GM for but this is not one of them.

What was so obnoxious about the manner in which the GM announced his selection? He went up to the podium and simply stated the name of the player that everyone knew he was going to select. There was no phony drama or silly chatter before the announcement. What do you want: A Rex Ryan clown act of going to the podium with his helmet on? There are many things you can validly criticize the GM for but this is not one of them.

I get that the long speeches are sort of dumb...I really do....but that is what the teams do. Murray decided to take the moment and waltz up to the stage and act all smug and just blurt out Eichel's name. So instead of the little speech being about Buffalo, or about Jack, it was about nothing. And all the talk afterward was about....Murray.....and how cool he was for not giving a speech. He made it about him. He's an incapable douche. The product on the ice and the interactions he has prove it.

No way Bylsma is back, right?

I have no idea. Bob McKenzie was on NBC Sports yesterday and he made it sound like he thinks it is fairly likely he returns.

Giving a lot of weight to injuries throughout the year and seems to think there will be reluctance to change things up at both Buffalo franchises.

I get that the long speeches are sort of dumb...I really do....but that is what the teams do. Murray decided to take the moment and waltz up to the stage and act all smug and just blurt out Eichel's name. So instead of the little speech being about Buffalo, or about Jack, it was about nothing. And all the talk afterward was about....Murray.....and how cool he was for not giving a speech. He made it about him. He's an incapable douche. The product on the ice and the interactions he has prove it.

Honestly I don't know why I'm responding to this. Since when does thanking the city and congratulating the team that won the cup equate to giving a speech?

I have no idea. Bob McKenzie was on NBC Sports yesterday and he made it sound like he thinks it is fairly likely he returns.

Giving a lot of weight to injuries throughout the year and seems to think there will be reluctance to change things up at both Buffalo franchises.

I think the fact Rex was fired after 2 years weighs heavily on the Pegulas

I think the fact Rex was fired after 2 years weighs heavily on the Pegulas

The Rex firing was an easy call. He was a hideous incompetent who the longer he was associated with the team the more it regressed.

Bylsma was working with a flawed roster, especially the back end. Even the GM admitted to his culpability in the way he built the roster. Next year I suspect will be a "no excuse" year for both the GM and coach.

Honestly I don't know why I'm responding to this. Since when does thanking the city and congratulating the team that won the cup equate to giving a speech?

Ok I guess I see your point. Not all the speeches are long but some of them have yammered on and on IMO.

Would it have been nice if Murray acknowledged Buffalo? Yes. Especially since Buffalo was the host. He could have kept it short but still showed a scintilla of class instead of going 100% bravado. He's a douche.

Anyone who listened to Eichel's interview HAS to know he's gone after this contract. Why can't our franchises pull their heads out of their asses?

Ridiculous. If the team adds some D and plays well, he'll be happy. Talk to a fella at the end of a disappointing year, you expect a competitive young guy to be fine with it? Good that he isn't.

Anyone who listened to Eichel's interview HAS to know he's gone after this contract. Why can't our franchises pull their heads out of their asses?

Except that it is essentially impossible for that to happen. He has to flee to the KHL in order for that to happen. But by all means, continue with the woe is me mentality that has completely overrun everything Buffalo sports fan.