Von Miller contract negotiations; update - signed

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17078455/denver-bronco-von-miller-life-chicken-farmer

Despite the oppressive 100-degree heat here in Texas and increasingly heatedcontract negotiations with his team back in Denver, Miller, 27, is beaming like a proud papa. This chicken coop, which is no bigger than a tennis court, is the four-time Pro Bowler's happy place, his refuge from the spotlight that tends to follow a Super Bowl MVP with charisma to burn. There's Miller on "Dancing With the Stars" and the Academy of Country Music Awards. There's Miller, nude save for his ubiquitous eyewear and fur hat, in ESPN The Magazine's Body Issue. There's Miller at the White House, where the champs were feted by President Obama -- and this champ, at least, botched the greeting.

chickens are big money. seriously, they're big money if you can get some chicken houses.

I'll say it, he's kinda overrated. That d line was very, very good around him. I guess you kinda had to pay him but it's going to be a bad contract in a few years.

hes also had a few hiccups along the way off the field

I'll say it, he's kinda overrated. That d line was very, very good around him. I guess you kinda had to pay him but it's going to be a bad contract in a few years.

You are completely correct. Elway is a clown. This will be right up there with the silly Suh and Haynesworth contracts.

Should have franchised him. He doesn't like it, let him watch TV. The Broncos won't miss the playoffs because they don't have Von Miller.

But look how small he is compared to Vincent Jackson!!

http://www.cecildaily.com/sports/image_0348c32c-60b4-11e0-8c9f-001cc4c03286.html

Sorry, couldn't help myself. 5 years later.....I told ya so.

You are completely correct. Elway is a clown. This will be right up there with the silly Suh and Haynesworth contracts.

Should have franchised him. He doesn't like it, let him watch TV. The Broncos won't miss the playoffs because they don't have Von Miller.

Something we won't know unless he misses the entire season. Bold statement

As are most contracts that make someone the highest paid anything in football, minus qb. He's a very very very good football player and is one of the best in the nfl rushing the passer, the 2nd best trait in the game after throwing the football

The guy that dominated the super bowl and won mvp signed for 10 mill more guaranteed than marcel Dareus, who's done what exactly? Is Dareus' contract bad too?

Edited by NewEra

But look how small he is compared to Vincent Jackson!!

http://www.cecildaily.com/sports/image_0348c32c-60b4-11e0-8c9f-001cc4c03286.html

Sorry, couldn't help myself. 5 years later.....I told ya so.

Something we won't know unless he misses the entire season. Bold statement

As are most contracts that make someone the highest paid anything in football, minus qb. He's a very very very good football player and is one of the best in the nfl rushing the passer, the 2nd best trait in the game after throwing the football

You think they don't make the playoffs because one guy on that defense is gone?

Come on! That's not even bold--it's silly.

You think they don't make the playoffs because one guy on that defense is gone?

Come on! That's not even bold--it's silly.

Considering what they've already lost this offseason. Absolutely

Nah, if they are that wounded, he won't change anything. He was a star on a star studded D. that's it.

So you're saying that one player can't be the difference between one game? There's a good chance they win or lose the division or wild card by a game. Von Miller can be the difference between a win and a loss in one game. Maybe 2 or 3. Yes, it's a team game, but 1 player can be the difference between a team making the playoffs or not making the playoffs. If you meant to say winning the super bowl, than maybe you have a point, but you said making the playoffs. One player, especially one of the best pass rushers in football, can most definitely be the difference between making the playoffs or not.

So you're saying that one player can't be the difference between one game? There's a good chance they win or lose the division or wild card by a game. Von Miller can be the difference between a win and a loss in one game. Maybe 2 or 3. Yes, it's a team game, but 1 player can be the difference between a team making the playoffs or not making the playoffs. If you meant to say winning the super bowl, than maybe you have a point, but you said making the playoffs. One player, especially one of the best pass rushers in football, can most definitely be the difference between making the playoffs or not.

If ,as you say, the Broncos are handicapped by off-season losses, then Miller may be able to pad his stats his year, but he doesn't make up for those losses and make them a playoff team.

Y'all are crazy. Denver doesn't win the Super Bowl without him. He's probably the only player I'd say that about on that team. Which explains why he was SB MVP. He got paid large - and he deserves it.

He had a great game--so did Trevathan and Ward.

Classic GM error--rewarding a player for past performance with massive future money. should have franchised him, no question.

If ,as you say, the Broncos are handicapped by off-season losses, then Miller may be able to pad his stats his year, but he doesn't make up for those losses and make them a playoff team.

You're saying that one defensive player can't be the difference between making the playoffs and not making playoffs? Edited by NewEra

You're saying that one defensive player can't be the difference between making the playoffs and not making playoffs?

QB, probably, yes.

Miller on that team (we're talking about the current Broncos), not really.

QB, probably, yes.

Miller on that team (we're talking about the current Broncos), not really.

That's preposterous. In a league where playoff births are decided by one game, one player can most definitely be the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. Especially a dynamic pass rusher like Miller. I bow out of this conversation. We agree to disagree.

The Texans wouldn't have made the playoffs last season without jj watt.

That's preposterous. In a league where playoff births are decided by one game, one player can most definitely be the difference between making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. Especially a dynamic pass rusher like Miller. I bow out of this conversation. We agree to disagree.

The Texans wouldn't have made the playoffs last season without jj watt.

Miller's no JJ Watt...