Kyle Williams: Role Model and Leader

Yep, Kyle Williams leadership is a myth......

“You have to set an example for young guys,” Williams said. “You have to correct guys when correction is needed. You need to be tough on guys when they need to be gotten on to. I think all of that rolls into one. A true leader has to be able to discern the circumstances of what different guys need.

“I don’t think it’s really that much different from a coach. Players react and players adjust to certain ways that they’re coached and I think it’s the same way with a leader. What do you need to do to get this guy going? How do you need to challenge that guy? Do you need to wrap your arms around that guy? Being in the locker room and getting to know each one of those guys, you get a feel for it. I really just try to impart what I’ve learned to the guys and hopefully they kind of take it and run with it for their individual careers, but also for our team’s success.”

On why Mario became the voice of the locker-room, when Kyle was out:

“Even though I was here and I went to the meetings and all those type of things, you’re not on the practice field, you’re not on the trips with the team, you’re not in the locker room for the game,” Williams said. “You can help with preparation up to that point, but you are a bit of an outsider. You’re kind of halfway in and halfway out.

Edited by Fixxxer

Yep, Kyle Williams leadership is a myth......

Mario became the voice in the locker-room? Mario? I can only imagine what it must have been like in that room. Especially after film review.

GO BILLS!!!

Kyle this is his last year as a buffalo bill he is old and not as good as he once was thats why we drafted washigton and signed bryant to a restricted free agent contract

Congratualtions on capturing the essence of the article in one simple, (very, very simple sentence).

Kyle this is his last year as a buffalo bill he is old and not as good as he once was thats why we drafted washigton and signed bryant to a restricted free agent contract

Says the guy with a Warning Point for every 80 posts,,

I love this article and wish the media would focus more on positive news such as this. Kyle has been a true leader on and off the field and a complete class act. I am proud that he is a Buffalo Bill and could very well be the best 5th round pick we ever had. I remember complaining that we only got a 5th round pick for Eric Moulds but then Kyle dropped to us when I thought he was gone by round 3 for sure. My favorite analogy when he came out of college was being compared to a bowling ball with butcher knives sticking out. Wonder article thank you very much for posting it.

Future Wall of Famer

I would like to think so.

When a player tells you he will not play for another team and retire when cut or released, and you just know he means it. You know are witnessing the heart and of Buffalo Bills.

That guy has a place in this Fans heart.

it is discouraging reading about how folks think/speak , he is winding down and this is his last year and such. While probably true...

But i will miss the Man on Sundays.

I hope he plays on the Bills many more years and he has a great season. I do not care if he is a rotational player.

Go Kyle !!

Kyle has seen it all. he has played with so many DC's it may be a Record. From fitting it up for the stache to Schwartz, etc. And now to well Rex........... And his bro............

I remember seeing Kyle walkout of the tunnel wearing carhart's and on crutches last year.

he is a bigtime leader. Hope he has a great season.

@gregaiello

Another one of the good guys.>Bills DT Kyle Williams excels as role model & leader on his team & in the community. http://www.nflplayerengagement.com/life/articles/kyle-williams/#.V1G9RqR1ndQ.twitter

Kyle should go on the wall now. :worthy::worthy:

Mario? :lol::lol::lol: that's a good one :lol::lol: :lol: , I can't think of any one who is less of a leader than Mario who is all about himself.

No Way, Kyle retires a Bill.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian