Marquise Goodwin Listed on SI's 50 Fittest List

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no. He was being cautious and pussyfooting any minor injury to protect his interests in the long jump. And I'm all about track because its a very dynamic challenging sport. I know the rigors of long jump. Just the smallest little tweak, knick or ding can result in a loss of 2". And that may not seem like a lot. But it is. Just ask Gugny. He will tell you 2" is a lot

Source?

He was being cautious and pussyfooting any minor injury to protect his interests in the long jump.

Yep.

It was pretty obvious.

And his contract was restrictive enough and salary small enough that he didn't really have a lot to lose by pussyfooting those injuries.

Were the Bills to cut him he would have quickly caught on elsewhere for similar money.

His world class speed gave him leverage and he used it to finance his hobby.

The Bills can talk all they want about how excited they are that he is representing them in the Olympics but that is a complete load of BS. :lol:

They are just hoping like the rest of us that they finally get something out of the investment and complaining about it would just draw attention to how punk'd they've been by Glass.

Yep.

It was pretty obvious.

And his contract was restrictive enough and salary small enough that he didn't really have a lot to lose by pussyfooting those injuries.

Were the Bills to cut him he would have quickly caught on elsewhere for similar money.

His world class speed gave him leverage and he used it to finance his hobby.

The Bills can talk all they want about how excited they are that he is representing them in the Olympics but that is a complete load of BS. :lol:

They are just hoping like the rest of us that they finally get something out of the investment and complaining about it would just draw attention to how punk'd they've been by Glass.

he doesnt have world class speed

he is not a sprinter

and even his track times were **** compared to the rest of just the national team

He might not be cut out for the game, time will tell. But if you're going to make accusations, you should probably back them up.

if he's going to call himself an nfl wide receiver than he needs to back it up.

the dude is literally all about track and nothing about bills football. see his instagram account.

it's clear his football is a hobby to pay the bills. this is the internet. why bother to back it up? he knows he will be out of the league in 2-3 years.

i would think most people are. They just aren't the ones feeling the need to post about it. I guess? I can't even think of one reason not to cheer for him.

illl cheer for him. its fun to see anyone succeed at somethign they love. but that he is attempting to try to use the bills organization to fund his jump career? common man. that's just frustrating

he doesnt have world class speed

he is not a sprinter

and even his track times were **** compared to the rest of just the national team

Ok then, being possibly the fastest player in the NFL rather than "world class", :lol:

Goodwin actually has a wealth of receiving talent and a near complete lack of want-to to this point.

I know you are the only remaining non-family member of the TJ Graham WR fan club.......but TJ's football skills are complete garbage.......bad hands, can't track the football, not elusive, goes down at slightest contact, and probably can't walk and chew gum at same time let alone catch a pass with his legs moving :lol: ........the only reason he isn't a track guy is because he had no leverage.......he wasn't good enough at track events. :lol:

Ok then, being possibly the fastest player in the NFL rather than "world class", :lol:

Goodwin actually has a wealth of receiving talent and a near complete lack of want-to to this point.

I know you are the only remaining non-family member of the TJ Graham WR fan club.......but TJ's football skills are complete garbage.......bad hands, can't track the football, not elusive, goes down at slightest contact, and probably can't walk and chew gum at same time let alone catch a pass with his legs moving :lol: ........the only reason he isn't a track guy is because he had no leverage.......he wasn't good enough at track events. :lol:

there is not even a close to "world class speed" with Goodwin. Olympic sprinters would run against him with their shoes untied and still blow him away.

A "wealth of receiving talent"??? What part about him is a wealth of receiving talent? I've got to say, if you think he is or could actually be a good WR then I have no clue how you get to that assumption.

And fwiw, Graham has 3x the receptions, 2x the yardage and 1 more TD than Glass as this point. Granted he played one more season than Glass, his rookie year with the Bills is more impressive than 3 years for Glass.

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXGXXGoodMa00.htm&t=0

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXGXXGrahT.00.htm&t=0

there is not even a close to "world class speed" with Goodwin. Olympic sprinters would run against him with their shoes untied and still blow him away.

A "wealth of receiving talent"??? What part about him is a wealth of receiving talent? I've got to say, if you think he is or could actually be a good WR then I have no clue how you get to that assumption.

And fwiw, Graham has 3x the receptions, 2x the yardage and 1 more TD than Glass as this point. Granted he played one more season than Glass, his rookie year with the Bills is more impressive than 3 years for Glass.

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXGXXGoodMa00.htm&t=0

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXGXXGrahT.00.htm&t=0

Oh mrags, this won't end well.

Oh mrags, this won't end well.

how so? The factual evidence that Graham has better numbers than Glass in 1 year than Glass' entire career?

And don't get me wrong. I don't like Graham either. I just hate Glass as a football player. Hate is a strong word but I actually hate him as a Bill. He provides nothing to this team. Much like Roscoe Parrish before him, always injured and taking up a roster spot for someone that might actually make something of their career.

This board reminds me of Tim McCarver going after Deion Sanders for playing both football and baseball. Why shouldn't an athlete try to do all he can in the world of sport? Why can't Marquise Goodwin play football and compete in long jump at the Olympics? While McCarver was ripping Deion up and down, Chris Berman was saying "Good for you Deion, live the dream and play both". I'll be like Boomer and wish Marquise Goodwin all the best in Rio and we'll see you back with the Bills in September. GO 'QUISE!!!

I support him doing both he just sux at football. If he was a Star WR and future HOFer everyone would be behind him. Since he is not, most people are mad at him for trying the Olympics because they are mad he isn't a good player and are just venting their frustration at him.

I love that people are mad because he is 'using the Bills', when he has the active blessing from the owner, front office, and the coaching staff to pursue this. How can anyone be mad at that? The team supports him.

What choice do they have, Dork?

grraham is significantly faster than Goodwin. Like an average of 3/10 faster or better on average times. There are many players faster than goodwin on the track. And in pads most of those players would beat Goodwin.

Football speed and track speed. I was 3rd fastest on my team among the footballers in the 100m. But in pads I was by far the fastest

I love that people are mad because he is 'using the Bills', when he has the active blessing from the owner, front office, and the coaching staff to pursue this. How can anyone be mad at that? The team supports him.

PR bro. PR. How would we look cutting an Olympic athlete? Not many would care. But we do look cute having an Olympic athlete on the roster. Even if it is on IR

how so? The factual evidence that Graham has better numbers than Glass in 1 year than Glass' entire career?

And don't get me wrong. I don't like Graham either. I just hate Glass as a football player. Hate is a strong word but I actually hate him as a Bill. He provides nothing to this team. Much like Roscoe Parrish before him, always injured and taking up a roster spot for someone that might actually make something of their career.

There's quite a bit of difference between talent and production.

There's quite a bit of difference between talent and production.

This is the NFL. Hell, this is professional sports. All anybody has to go by is production. It is the only way to judge a player.

Besides, Glass hasn't showed that either. They are both useless douches that can get kicked out of the league and run sprints together for all I care.

Edited by mrags

Glass has shown talent. WTF are you going on about?

your freaking high if you think he has shown anything in this league. He's useless. The guy can't stay healthy at all. The guy has a total of 20 freaking catches in 3 seasons. It's pathetic. Edited by mrags

your freaking high if you think he has shown anything in this league. He's useless. The guy can't stay healthy at all. The guy has a total of 20 freaking catches in 3 seasons. It's pathetic.

Again, production vs. talent. You clearly do not understand the distinction.