5-24: Doug Whaley on WGR

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the guys that can't walk, that have CTE and shoot themselves. Is there really any question about whether humans are supposed to do this to themselves? It's a no brainer and anyone that criticises Whaley for those comments is just fooling themselves. Themselves

"oh, my, I'd better watch what I say! The media or the fans might get upset!"

Come off it people! Some of us in this world say what we mean, mean what we say, and stand by it, regardless of what other might think.

Look at the guys that can't walk, that have CTE and shoot themselves. Is there really any question about whether humans are supposed to do this to themselves? It's a no brainer and anyone that criticises Whaley for those comments is just fooling themselves. Themselves

REAL MEN WOULDN'T ADMIT TO WEAKNESS, FOOTBALL IS WAR, WAR IS GLORY

SlipperySlimAnkolewatusi-size_restricted

REAL MEN WOULDN'T ADMIT TO WEAKNESS, FOOTBALL IS WAR, WAR IS GLORY

Yea that's what my high school coach used to say too but I think anyone that has been to war would say football is just a game. And my coach was a pr*ck

From the standpoint of the extreme forces exerted on the human body it makes sense, but I'm surprised that he said that.

@TyDunne

What does Rex think about Doug Whaley saying "humans aren't supposed to play" football? "I love the game. I think it's the greatest sport."

NRL (National Robot League) forming now.

Gilmore Update

The Bills are determined to get a long term deal done with Stephon Gilmore, who is entering the final year of his rookie contract. Buffalo picked up his fifth-year option a year ago. Negotiating a long term agreement at a premium position like cornerback however is easier said than done.

The media is restricted by the team from revealing too much about practices closed to the public. Perhaps the team should restrict the GM from speaking to the media in public.

I imagine Berchtold's day got a bit longer after that interview. :lol:

Oh my god. That second link. edited for more accurate quote "we are trying to figure out what way shape or form, what context you could say oh yeah I get what he is saying, but he wasn't even asked a question about it, he just offered it up"

Maybe read the interviewer's question for the context. Sure it's head scratching because it will be interpreted like this by you idiots in the national media. Any rational person would understand Whaley's meaning. The only controversial thing is that it admits to people that football is a rough sport as if we didn't already know.

Edited by What a Tuel

Oh my god. That second link. "I can't imagine what context Whaley could have possibly said that, he just offered it up". Maybe read the interviewer's question for the context. Sure it's head scratching because it will be interpreted like this by you idiots in the national media. Any rational person would understand Whaley's meaning. The only controversial thing is that it admits to people that football is a rough sport as if we didn't already know.

Of course ESPN runs with this so the can create the prevailing story in this news cycle on a slow football day in May. Then the rest of the stepford media picks up on it without any context at all to drive clicks and controversy where none actually exists.

Oh my god. That second link. edited for more accurate quote "we are trying to figure out what way shape or form, what context you could say oh yeah I get what he is saying, but he wasn't even asked a question about it, he just offered it up"

Maybe read the interviewer's question for the context. Sure it's head scratching because it will be interpreted like this by you idiots in the national media. Any rational person would understand Whaley's meaning. The only controversial thing is that it admits to people that football is a rough sport as if we didn't already know.

That's ESPN for you. :doh: