The Steelers Are Practicing Against Robots

@NFLonFOX

The Pittsburgh Steelers are practicing against robots. Yes, you read that correctly. https://t.co/tbkDCOgWkW

The NFL has taken steps to make football more technologically advanced. Sure, Microsoft Surface tablets have been met with mixed reviews on the sidelines (just ask Aaron Rodgers and Johnny Manziel), but there have been advances in technology that can help diagnose and analyze injuries, particularly ones to the head.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are experimenting with a new kind of tool on the practice field: robots. "MVP," or Mobile Virtual Player, as it's called, is a robotic tackling dummy that's remote-control operated. It flies all over the field and simulates a real football player. It moves at an accurate speed, and best of all, it never gets tired.

Experimenting with a new technology has us thinking differently when we hear “MVP.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@NFLonFOX

The Pittsburgh Steelers are practicing against robots. Yes, you read that correctly. https://t.co/tbkDCOgWkW

A. What kinds of signals from the sidelines would the coaches send in to them?

B. How did they manage to clone our defense during the Jauron era?

C. But our game against them isn't til Dec 11th. Why are they preparing now?

Im thinking they need to put the girl in the red dress in there.....so they can work on their focus

Would that make her a red-shirt freshman?

That's why they are starting with the Steelers. If Rex called in a play the robot's processor would melt and he'd call it stupid.

If you are going to be your usual boorish self, at least try to be funny, maybe something about Rex getting caught in the Steelers team room getting and electric footjob.

Robots will replace 50% of jobs in the next 20 years. Get ready, the end is near!

I'm fine with a robot taking my job, as long as it sends the paychecks to me. In fact, that would preferred...

I imagine the coaches hand signals to them would look like that robot dance move from a 70's American bandstand dance line.

And considering the Steeler assistant coaches, they would probably be wearing bell-bottom pants with the big white belt, and actually

think it's cool. Go Bills in 2016.

I'm fine with a robot taking my job, as long as it sends the paychecks to me. In fact, that would preferred...

lol

Im thinking bots will take over responsibilities of posting on team fan boards....

wait

THAT MIGHT ALREADY BE HAPPENING

- Rex is an idiot

- Rex cant coach defense

- Rex screwed up a top 5 defense....and its gonna be bad again this year

- Rex picked a buddy of his kids from Clemson who's arm was about to fall off in the 1st round

@NFLonFOX

I think they should just play the game with robots to get around injury and salary issues. B-)

That's why they are starting with the Steelers. If Rex called in a play the robot's processor would melt and he'd call it stupid.

:lol:

:thumbsup:

would be nice but they would prefer not to pay us.

lol

Im thinking bots will take over responsibilities of posting on team fan boards....

wait

THAT MIGHT ALREADY BE HAPPENING

- Rex is an idiot

- Rex cant coach defense

- Rex screwed up a top 5 defense....and its gonna be bad again this year

- Rex picked a buddy of his kids from Clemson who's arm was about to fall off in the 1st round

:lol:

Mix in some AI and do away with the humans. Injuries will be a thing of the past. Just have some great techs on the sidelines and get the "players" right back out there after major collisions. Then they can loosen up the rule book and get back to spearing, leading with the helmet, who cares if a robot is defenseless, clothesline tackles. Anything goes!