Is Lawson hurt??

JTO

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ridiculous take for a short term shoulder injury.

Shoulder injuries are serious. When shoulder injuries drove Tony Boselli from the game, I recall him saying something to the effect that shoulder problems were one of the silent killers of NFL players. They don't get the attention of knees, but they're serious and often degenerative. Obviously, I don't know about the extent of Lawson's injury, but this isn't good.

Well, I agree that it's a sad state of affairs when message board rumors deserve more credibility than pronouncements from OBD.

I dont like the surgery any more then anyone else does.....

I still say its more then just about him starting day 1 of this year.

If the kid is great....then having a surgury he was eventually going to have have makes sense

Best case is that something minor got seriously aggravated in the last week.

Worst case is that the Bills medical staff is full of idiots.

Not a good look for the team.

It's at best an odd look.

Tough for some in this thread to contain their giddiness.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse but what is a typical time table for recovery? I believe 6-8 months. So best case November or the last 6-8 games. http://www.earlthomas.com/2015/02/25/et-iii-has-successful-shoulder-surgery/

I was told by someone that best case recovery is likely 4 months. That's with no complications and from someone not fully aware of his medical history.

Hard to imagine him being good to go on just mental reps for Week 1.

Shoulder injuries are serious. When shoulder injuries drove Tony Boselli from the game, I recall him saying something to the effect that shoulder problems were one of the silent killers of NFL players. They don't get the attention of knees, but they're serious and often degenerative. Obviously, I don't know about the extent of Lawson's injury, but this isn't good.

Shoulder surgery has come a long way via arthroscopy. I have had both of my rotator cuffs repaired and I recovered full range of motion and 100% strength. If it's a labrum, it's not as serious.

@profootballdoc

Typically minimum 4 month recovery.

Definite PUP, hoping for quick recovery to make Week 1, possible to miss games.

Had issue last week. @buffalobills cutting losses to do surgery now.

No long term, but early season games at risk.

Possible signings when he's on PUP IMO ... Jarius Wynn, Dwight Freeney, Kroy Biermann

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tough for some in this thread to contain their giddiness.

Giddiness? No, it's called accountability. For a bad decision made by a professional sports team worth in excess of 1.4B.

I'll bet TPegs isn't thrilled that he's got to spend money on damaged goods. Not something a successful businessman normally does.

Giddiness? No, it's called accountability. For a bad decision made by a professional sports team worth in excess of 1.4B.

I'll bet TPegs isn't thrilled that he's got to spend money on damaged goods. Not something a successful businessman normally does.

Accountability? And precisely whom are you holding accountable and how? By bitching on a message board?