Ranking the starting 32 NFL QBs,TT rank is fair!

Where's your list ? I have Tyrod around 18-21

Yeah, I have him at 17, right in the middle of the "good with additional potential" group. That's the group that inspires hope and breath holding, but still has to grow.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flacco is 6'6'' 232 lbs and won some SB's. Brock is listed at 6'7'' 245 lbs. Cam Newton is 6'6'' 260 lbs, Big Ben is 6'5'' 240lbs, Phillip Rivers is 6'5'', Glennon is also 6'7''. EJ is 6'5''. Russell Wilson is 5'11'' and Taylor is 6'0''

I might be the only guy here who likes Osweiler and the guy did go 5-2 running that Broncos team the last seven games of the season to get them in the playoffs. He won games against two playoff teams in both the Patriots and Bengals in overtime. Thus showing he can perform well in big games. Then for the draft, the Texans went out and got two WR's an OG and a RB. In free agency, they got the Brock, OG Jeff Allen from KC and RB Lamar Miller from Miami.

I like the Texans chances to make the playoffs again this year. I like Tyrod Taylor too. The thing is, I'm a bit skeptical that the Bills can be the number one team in big plays again now that opposing teams have the film on Greg Roman's offense. The Bills were 31st in 3 downs and out percentage on offense last year and those big plays are what made that offense so good. Ahhh, September can't get here fast enough.

I thought I've seen Osweiler listed at 6'8" before, but a quick search shows 6'7", so OK. The 6'7"-and-up QB club includes Osweiler, Glennon, and now Paxton Lurch. Former members include Dan McGwire (1st round bust for the Seahawks) and a few other scrubs. IMO these dorks are a very easy target for opposing defenses to find and terrorize. If one of them does make it in the NFL, I will offer congrats to him and the team for taking a chance, just too risky for me though.

1 Rodgers

2 Brady

3 Big Ben

4 Brees

5 Newton

6 Luck

7 Wilson

8 Rivers

9 Palmer

10 Ryan

11 E. Manning

12 Dalton

13 Flacco

14 Romo

15 Cutty

16 Smith

17 Stafford

18 Cousins

19 Carr

20 Winston

21 Mariota

22 Taylor

23 Bridgewater

24 Tanny

25 Fitz

26 Bortles

27 Osweiler

28 Bradford

29 Griffin

30 Sanchez

31 Kaepernick

32 Goff

Can't put Taylor over Winston, Mariota or Carr IMO.

This is closer to what I would have than just about any other list I've seen. You have Dalton and Cutler a little high and I'd definitely place Carr ahead of Cousins. A healthy Romo is still the 8th or 9th best QB in the NFL. Certainly better than Matt Ryan, who may have hit his proverbial ceiling and even started to regress a little.

I don't get the Bortles love from some people. He was a great fantasy QB last year because they were down by 21 points by the second quarter pretty much every game. Well, with the exception of- never mind. Let's see if he can turn into more of a complete player this year.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

1.Brady

2 Rodgers

3 Luck

4 Newton

5 Brees

6 Roesthlisberger

7 Wilson

8 Palmer

9 Rivers

10 Ryan

11 E. Manning

12 Romo

13 Flacco

14 Dalton

15 Smith

16 Stafford

17 Cutler

18 Cousins

19 Fitzpatrick

20 Tannehill

21 Mariota

22 Bridgewater

23 Bortles

24 Osweiler

25 Carr

26 Winston

27 Bradford

28 Kaepernick

29 Sanchez

30 Taylor

31 Griffin

32 Goff (only because he's a rookie)

1.Brady

2 Rodgers

3 Luck

4 Newton

5 Brees

6 Roesthlisberger

7 Wilson

8 Palmer

9 Rivers

10 Ryan

11 E. Manning

12 Romo

13 Flacco

14 Dalton

15 Smith

16 Stafford

17 Cutler

18 Cousins

19 Fitzpatrick

20 Tannehill

21 Mariota

22 Bridgewater

23 Bortles

24 Osweiler

25 Carr

26 Winston

27 Bradford

28 Kaepernick

29 Sanchez

30 Taylor

31 Griffin

32 Goff (only because he's a rookie)

Who made THESE rankings.....Tyrod's ex girlfriend?

Guys who the consensus has to low for me going forward:

R.Wilson-seems to be out of the top 5 by most, I think he is top 5 for sure

Romo- I get the injury thing, but wouldn't it just be like him to have an MVP season with that offense

Bortles- he should be in a group with Taylor, Mariota, Winston, Carr and perhaps Bilgewater

Guys too high for me:

Palmer-He's put up great numbers as Ariens guy in a very friendly system, not so long ago he couldn't play

Cutler- the guy is the epitome of a guy who will always disappoint in spite of talent

Cousins- I'm not getting all the love for him, why is he ranked above the young guys group? really you'd rather have him this year?

Edited by The Thurmanator

Who made THESE rankings.....Tyrod's ex girlfriend?

Where's your list Tow Job?

Or are you playing Republican and waiting to see what everyone else is gonna do?

Bortles is on the verge of taking a major step in my opinion. I know the Jags are a bit of a trendy pick this year but I think Bortles could be on the verge of becoming a top 10 QB.

He might be a guy that puts up numbers for a bad team. I would love to see a break down of his numbers when his team is out of the game. He still turns the ball over too much for my liking.

That said, I give props to the Jags for sticking with him early in his career. He was pretty bad his rookie year and a lot of folks would have been screaming for him to get benched.

Bandit's top 4 is the top 4. Play with the order if you like but the best 4 QBs in the league remain Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben and Brees in some order.

After that you can make arguments for a few but the new breed of Wilson, Newton and Luck deserve to be in the consideration for top 6 or 7.

My list is currently probably something like:

----- Elite -----

1. Brady

2. Rodgers

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

----- Championship Level -----

5. Newton

6. Luck

7. Romo

8. Wilson

9. Manning

10. Flacco

11. Rivers

------- Can win with ------

12. Ryan

13. Palmer

14. Stafford

15. Dalton

16. A. Smith

------- Serviceable (lot of these are young and on the rise but yet to prove you can win with them) -------

17. Bortles

18. Taylor

19. Carr

20. Cousins

21. Tannehill

22. Cutler

23. Winston

24. Mariota

25. Bridgewater

------ Not good enough --------

26. Bradford

27. Osweiler

28. RG III

29. Gabbert

30. G. Smith

31. Sanchez

------ Rookie --------

32. Goff (not played a snap)

I think this is a pretty good list. I think RG3 might have a chance to be productive this year with Jackson. I also think Osweiler has a chance as well.

I probably would have Taylor at like 23. I don't love some of some of those guys but I still prefer Qbs who can win with their arm. But I do agree on the tier and TT can easily move up and down. But we would struggle to pass for 150 yards in far too many games in a pass first league.

My unposted list compares with yours....as of this moment.

If he takes the next step this upcoming year....he goes up the chart

So you're waiting to reveal your tax returns. Just as I thought.