[Vague Title]Gilmore long term resign???

Please. Give me a break. I never get the love for Gilmore. Guy is good for at LEAST one PI call per game. And he says he's "elite" and wants to be paid as the best. Norman's deal is ( years, $75 million with $20 million gaurantee'd. And Gilmore will want similar numbers. To me that's laughable. While I find Gilmore a pretty good tackler, his penchant for PI's and Inability to pull down the INT's makes him only a slightly above average at best CB. I'd much rather utilize the cash to extend Tyrod. But am I the only one who Dont hink Gilmore all that great?!?

I don't want him to quit. I want him to play out the year and prove he deserves a contract. Cu right now id be willing to do something like 5 years $40 mill. But nothing more. That's bout half what Norman got and what Gilnore thinks he's worth

Please. Give me a break. I never get the love for Gilmore. Guy is good for at LEAST one PI call per game. And he says he's "elite" and wants to be paid as the best. Norman's deal is ( years, $75 million with $20 million gaurantee'd. And Gilmore will want similar numbers. To me that's laughable. While I find Gilmore a pretty good tackler, his penchant for PI's and Inability to pull down the INT's makes him only a slightly above average at best CB. I'd much rather utilize the cash to extend Tyrod. But am I the only one who Dont hink Gilmore all that great?!?

Odell Beckham vs. Gilmore: 5 catches, 38 yards

Vs. Norman: 9 catches, 76 yards, 1 TD

Vs. Revis: 11 catches, 149 yards, 1 TD

Sit down.

I don't want him to quit. I want him to play out the year and prove he deserves a contract. Cu right now id be willing to do something like 5 years $40 mill. But nothing more. That's bout half what Norman got and what Gilnore thinks he's worth

Good to know, you want him to re-sign, but he's going to get market value: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/185916-bills-working-on-extensions-for-gilmore-maybe-tyrod/

I think he's proving himself to be one of the better man-to-man cover men in the league. At times he can downright shut down the opponent but he does have a penchant to play right on the line with his physicality with receivers and is prone to penalties. But the way the rules are setup today to give receivers more of an edge, I don't have a problem with him giving up some penalties, just needs to be more aware of the situation of the play and take that into consideration. That play two years ago in Denver where he blew up that receiver, where the call could have gone either way he should have been more aware of the situation, realized it was a third down play and he could have let up just a tad and forced a fourth down with a simple tackle.

Having said that, I do think he deserves a top 15% contract.

Not the only one, but trust me, it's a very short list. The guy is an elite player.

I " hink" he's pretty darn good!

Ya my buddy who I've watched every game with since early 2000's, and who we agree on a lot of stuff loves Gilmore and him and I argue. And whenever a catch was let up against him I'd point to tv screen and yell "see!" But maybe I've been to hard on him idk

Ya my buddy who I've watched every game with since early 2000's, and who we agree on a lot of stuff loves Gilmore and him and I argue. And whenever a catch was let up against him I'd point to tv screen and yell "see!" But maybe I've been to hard on him idk

This is extreme. Every CB gives up catches to WR's, it's impossible not to.

some Bills fans are never happy even when we have great talent.

Ah yes, another person who doesn't watch enough or any of these other "shutdown" corners.

Norman has 7 career INTs. Gilmore has 9. Guess Norman doesn't the ability to "pull down the INT's". Josh Norman had 5 defensive holding penalties in 2015, which are the same as PI's, the ball just happens to not be in the air yet. Gilmore had 6. Let's look at some more "shutdown" corners.

Richard Sherman had 7 defensive holding/pass interference penalties in 2015.

Patrick Peterson had 8 defensive holding/pass interference penalties in 2015.

Darelle Revis only had 3 last year but he did have 6 in 2014.

Vontae Davis had 8 defensive holding/pass interference penalties in 2015.

Richard Sherman had 7 defensive holding/pass interference penalties in 2015.

Patrick Peterson had 8 defensive holding/pass interference penalties in 2015.

Darelle Revis only had 3 last year but he did have 6 in 2014.

Vontae Davis had 8 defensive holding/pass interference penalties in 2015.

Well that settles it.

Gilmore is better than all of the above players. :)

Well that settles it.

Gilmore is better than all of the above players. :)

Did I say that? Nope.

It's called context.

EDIT: I'm sorry Bill but with comments like this and your position on CBs well documented, this has become just laughable.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Don't worry, analytics is here to cover you.

Oh, the fun I've had explaining why Gilmore is better than some think.

He's a very good corner, he's a prototype fit for Rex, he's going to be just fine. Just needs to stop with the torpedo tackling.

He's damn good and the Bills will pay him. Tackling technique needs to improve to mitigate unnecessary injury risk.

As long as Gilmore stays healthy he is going straight to Canton, right? Maybe Rex and Gilmore will get inducted together.

Can we send Rex ahead and keep Gilmore for a few more years?