Cordy's Glenn extended

yep, cap keeps increasing so you will see bigger contracts

Not to mention in FA there's ALWAS a team willing to make a guy like Glenn the highest paid in all of the categories posted in Yolo's post above. Really glad to see the Bills locking our guys up!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are folks who are a lot better at this than me-- but here are some clues

$26.5 million fully guaranteed

$60 million without incentives

Tier one bonus $20 million (Guaranteed)

Tier two bonus $5 million (Bills Option - 2017)

Year One Salary $6.5 million (Guaranteed) - Cap hit is $10.5 million so about $3 million in savings

Year Two Salary $8 million Cap hit is $13.25 million

Year Three Salary $10 million Cap hit is $15.25 million

Year four salary $5.5 million cap hit is $10.75 million

Year five salary is $5 million cap hit is $10.25 million

Bring the cap numbers down in year 4 and 5 to accommodate Sammy!

Edited by JoeF

There are folks who are a lot better at this than me-- but here are some clues

$30 million first 2 years

$26.5 million fully guaranteed

Tier one bonus $20 million (Guaranteed)

Tier two bonus $5 million (Bills Option - 2017)

Year One Salary $6.5 million (Guaranteed) - Cap hit is $10.5 million so about $3 million in savings

Year Two Salary $8 million Cap hit is $13.25 million

Year Three Salary $10 million Cap hit is $15.25 million

Year four salary $8 million cap hit is $13.25 million

Year five salary is $7.5 million cap hit is $12.75 million

Bring the cap numbers down in year 4 and 5 to accommodate Sammy!

Some room for this season. :thumbsup:

Doesn't mean he'll see all of that.

If it's 26m guaranteed out of the gate and more in the near future you are really picking nits on the first 3 years probably

Who knows at this moment but odds are he won't be averaging much less than the tag short term

If it's 26m guaranteed out of the gate and more in the near future you are really picking nits on the first 3 years probably

Who knows at this moment but odds are he won't be averaging much less than the tag short term

We'll see if he gets all of that in the long term.

Agreed and it seems like a sound plan, though I still want to see the structure before I totally weigh in. Why save cap money this year (when the roster is already close to filled) or next year (when they had 50 million + in space not counting this extension)? Seems like smart cap management to take the hit this year and next and give yourself flexibility down the line. Especially, as you point out, with #14's second contract getting closer.

sounds like they still have an eye out on the right tackle who might be available in free agency after the draft

Brilliant news. If there is a small saving this year, great, but if not I'm not going to lose sleep. We needed to lock him up long term and we have. As others have said they need to keep money available for Sammy down the line.

They need Gilmore tied up too and then give themselves maximum number of options on the table for Tyrod. We are locking up our premium positions. That is the big step forward.

We'll see if he gets all of that in the long term.

if you go back and read our interaction without being defensive I think you'll understand my point. It's not worth further derailing the thread though.

They saved a little cap space this year but odds are most of it rolls over and we get into a talk about rolling averages instead of single year for cap management purposes. That's all I was saying.

I'm pretty sure it's a little valley somewhere in WNY (near OP, I assume), that they're going to make a little longer. Named after old man Cordy, I believe...

Might I add - Ammmmmmmmerica, Ammmmmmmmerica!! :beer:

Well done OBD on both Cordy and Cordy's!!

Actually it is in Penfield NY. Allens Creek runs down into a sanctuary of sorts. Not on the radar at all. Peaceful quiet valley, and very overgrown . Returned to it's natural state now. I am pretty sure it was misspelled a couple decades ago. Knowing that Cordy would be signed to a long term post rookie contract.

The sign said Corbetts Glen, but pretty sure it is his State park.

Go Bills

if you go back and read our interaction without being defensive I think you'll understand my point. It's not worth further derailing the thread though.

They saved a little cap space this year but odds are most of it rolls over and we get into a talk about rolling averages instead of single year for cap management purposes. That's all I was saying.

I'm not being defensive at all. Let it go and celebrate. :beer:

Great news!!!

He is a solid LT.

Now go sign Gilmore.

Then let TT earn the franchise tag. If he plays like a franchise QB this year, he gets paid. If not they can move on.

Gilmore is the priority. Seattle did the same thing. They signed their secondary guys and then made Wilson earn his big contract.