Shady's value to the Bills...

Perfect timing for my response to TBC:

2014 #5 overall

2015 #29 overall

2016 #69 overall

That's another huge drop for such a celebrity player on a popularity list........but for the hard of head legends die hard.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2014 #5 overall

2015 #29 overall

2016 #69 overall

That's another huge drop for such a celebrity player on a popularity list........but for the hard of head legends die hard.

Is this where we debate the utter fooey of that stupid list?

I was squarely in the camps of CJ and Stevie being fan darlings whose reputation far outpaced their production.

But I didn't write them off after 12 games. And I have no intent of doing so for Shady.

I'm not saying he'll be a superstar next year. But it certainly wouldn't shock me if he was.

EDIT: According to that stupid list, he's the 6th best back in the league. And he only played 12 games.

Edited by The Big Cat

2014 #5 overall

2015 #29 overall

2016 #69 overall

Running against the NFC West, AFC East, AFC North thats going to be some tough sledding.

Kurt Cousins is right: McCoy is a game-changing back.

I was watching NFLN last week and David Carr predicted Shady was gonna be one of the backs chosen last week. He said the word around the league is that LBs and DBs hate playing backs like McCoy. He's unpredictable, which can be a detriment to your offense at times, but his ability to make big plays is exhausting for a defense.

GO BILLS!!!

Kurt Cousins is right: McCoy is a game-changing back.

I was watching NFLN last week and David Carr predicted Shady was gonna be one of the backs chosen last week. He said the word around the league is that LBs and DBs hate playing backs like McCoy. He's unpredictable, which can be a detriment to your offense at times, but his ability to make big plays is exhausting for a defense.

GO BILLS!!!

I think Cousins confused Williams and Gillislee with McCoy..........seriously.

They TORE IT UP in that Washington game and McCoy struggled before blowing his MCL.

The big play narrative is incongruent with what he actually did in 2015.

He makes defenses uncomfortable because he doesn't follow his blocks......most run plays in the NFL come down to a single block being executed or not......every play isn't a gotcha......defenses usually know what's coming pretty quickly........so when a back doesn't follow his block it causes uncertainty.......but at the end of the day, punts are punts and his style leads to more 3 and outs.......because fortunately for them he usually doesn't follow blocks to the inside.....where the plays are in GR's offense.........all in a mad dash to the sideline where any open field ability is negated.

Doubt it. But points for creativity.

They TORE IT UP in that Washington game and McCoy struggled before blowing his MCL.

Which was four runs of 27 yards or more. Three less than Spiller's vaunted 2012 season...in 3/4 the games.

He makes defenses uncomfortable because he doesn't follow his blocks......most run plays in the NFL come down to a single block being executed or not......every play isn't a gotcha......defenses usually know what's coming pretty quickly........so when a back doesn't follow his block it causes uncertainty.......but at the end of the day, punts are punts and his style leads to more 3 and outs.......because fortunately for them he usually doesn't follow blocks to the inside.....where the plays are in GR's offense.........all in a mad dash to the sideline where any open field ability is negated.

I'll gladly conceded that his style is all or nothing. Where I think you're being terribly unfair is in your attempts to project that it's more often than not nothing.

I gotta say Bado....Im having a really hard time not laughing at your assessment of Shady

I mean....when you talk about the age, the miles, the contract......Im almost there with you

but then you start downplaying his ability......and I just shake my head. The ability of Shady to one cut at full speed....the pass catching ability.....and his blitz pickup.......the guy is a very good complete back.

The 27 yards or more stat. Forgot that one. Truly the measure of all backs.

Well, when his premise is based largely on the guy not making big plays.

Help me understand the point you were attempting to make.

Was it about me? Or did you have something add to the conversation that's about a player for the Bills.

So you don't have any thoughts to share on the player?

Well using your benchmark of 27 yard rushes or more, let's walk through it.

2015 McCoy - 4 in 12 games which comes to .333 per game.

2012 Spiller - 7 in 16 games which comes to .4375 per game.

So if you hold the opinion (that I share) that Spiller was overrated as a homerun threat, WTF are we talking about with Shady? That he's a more overrated homerun threat?

Edited by FireChan

Doubt it. But points for creativity.

Which was four runs of 27 yards or more. Three less than Spiller's vaunted 2012 season...in 3/4 the games.

I'll gladly conceded that his style is all or nothing. Where I think you're being terribly unfair is in your attempts to project that it's more often than not nothing.

The Washington game was his worst of the season and the exclamation point on a disappointing season for him was getting stuffed at the goal line repeatedly late in the half.....knowing McCoy is all but useless in short yardage and goal line it was almost as if Roman was trying to make a point to somebody above him who wanted McCoy used more in those situations.

He was game-changing alright.......that series took the sails out of their wind.

LeSean was truly awful that day as he death spiraled from his implosion in Philly after failing miserably to stick it to Chip......embarrassing himself with bizarre behavior in the process.........I know he might not be watching offensive cut-ups of the opposition from the week before........but if he were that's what he would have seen........so not sure where Kirk "Kurt" Cousins got this great 2015 game tape on the Shadester. :lol:

More likely just an old, dated and subsequently lazy evaluation from a former division rival.

As for the 27 yard stat.......never heard that one.......sounds random and made up......real big runs end because the end zone stops them........and when you only rush for 3 TD's it means you didn't run away from the competition all that much.