2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills need bodies and cheap labor to avoid having to the fill the roster with free agents every year. There are a lot of roster holes to fill. It seems to me that there is depth in the draft at WR, CB and S. They might get very productive functional guys in the 3-4 round range. I personally hope they trade down as often as it is feasible and possible to do so and acquire picks throughout the entire draft. If people think we need an OT (Right side) as I do, I don't think there is much beyond round 2 that would qualify as starter material (we already have a backup level player starting). To fill this hole, they would have to prioritize it over WR, S, CB and DL/LB and hope to fill those other slots with acquired picks further down. In a draft deep in these positions that might be doable. Under no circumstances am I drafting a QB in round 1. I just do not see the necessary talent there to justify it. That player is NOT starting this year with TT here at his salary. Trade down early and often would be my motto throughout.

There are 6-7 guys that I would want at 10, otherwise I hope they trade back. I'm not enamored with taking either WR at 10. I am a Howard fan, and he's in my 6-7, but I don't think he'll make it to 10.

16: R1P16

EDGE HAASON REDDICK

TEMPLE

47: R2P15

DL CALEB BRANTLEY

FLORIDA

58: R2P26

CB FABIAN MOREAU

UCLA

75: R3P11

S MARCUS WILLIAMS

UTAH

101: R3P37

QB NATHAN PETERMAN

PITTSBURGH

102: R3P38

TE BUCKY HODGES

VIRGINIA TECH

156: R5P12

WR DEDE WESTBROOK

OKLAHOMA

195: R6P11

LB JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN

TENNESSEE

210: R6P26

OT JERRY UGOKWE

WILLIAM & MARY

CBS board mock, Trading back multiple times is a must IMO

Dammit, was hoping they might trade up

@FBallgameplan

McShay on HOU taking a QB: "Knowing what Bill O'Brien looks for in a QB & the mental component involved, none of the NFL Draft QBs can help"

Blows my mind they are sticking with Weeden over bringing Cutler in. Now that Romo is gone it sees pretty logical to bring Cutler in, take a later QB like Peterman, give Savage ample looks in camp to try to beat out Cutler, if Cutler reigns it in and plays in their system then he's a top 20 QB (he shouldn't have a problem getting the ball to Hopkins / Fuller), if he doesn't, cut him, go with Savage and you are in the same spot you have now anyway. Cutler has his warts, but it seems he raises their ceiling dramatically over any other option.

Dammit, was hoping they might trade up

@FBallgameplan

McShay on HOU taking a QB: "Knowing what Bill O'Brien looks for in a QB & the mental component involved, none of the NFL Draft QBs can help"

I don't believe that for a second. They aren't going into the season with Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden.

I don't believe that for a second. They aren't going into the season with Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden.

i heard an interview with their play by play guy yesterday. He was convinced that they love Savage and the only reason he hasn't taken the starting job already was bad luck with injuries. He talked up Weeden as the #2 but did think that they would draft someone as well.

I think he's full of BS on Savage. If he was the plan all along they never would have given Osweiler that absurd contract.

i heard an interview with their play by play guy yesterday. He was convinced that they love Savage and the only reason he hasn't taken the starting job already was bad luck with injuries. He talked up Weeden as the #2 but did think that they would draft someone as well.

I think he's full of BS on Savage. If he was the plan all along they never would have given Osweiler that absurd contract.

They will draft a QB in round 1; only question is whether they try to move up to do so. I could see it...

From what I've heard, it does seem there was more than a little bit of Rick Smith having some tough feelings towards the Broncos (he worked for them for 10 years) involved in the Osweiler deal. It seems pretty unusual giving a guy that much money at that position without consulting your coach or interviewing Brock.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.