2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I getting a feeling that Watson is going to be the pick? Had the same feeling multiple drafts and I was right. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm guessing Solomon Thomas is 1b and Watson is 1a. Just a hunch. After meeting him in person, Pegs and McDermott would love the kid.

Looks like my pick for a nice late pass rush option is going much higher now..

8. Texas A&M's Daeshon Hall will surprise: While Myles Garrett has been all over the draft coverage since day one, there hasn't been much talk about his teammate being a hot name. I'm hearing that, despite a belief in the media that he would go in Round 3 or 4, Hall is actually being targeted within the first two rounds and might end up inside the top 40.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802698/article/2017-nfl-draft-10-believable-things-amid-so-much-speculation

Didn't think i would like it, but I could see him in a Bills uni.

Serious question about Watson. His arm strength is his biggest negative, right? Can that be improved enough to be enough for Buffalo in December- January? Another negative is footwork, but I would imagine that is easily corrected, right? What other negatives does he have? He was 33 - 3 and 2 national championships and 2 Hesismans? That's insane.

Serious question about Watson. His arm strength is his biggest negative, right? Can that be improved enough to be enough for Buffalo in December- January? Another negative is footwork, but I would imagine that is easily corrected, right? What other negatives does he have? He was 33 - 3 and 2 national championships and 2 Hesismans? That's insane.

I am not a Watson guy, His strengths though are incredible intangibles and leadership. He can throw and make plays in the short to intermediate area. I do have a problem with his arm. Analytics guys have shown that QB's that throw under 54 don't do well in NFL.

Talk to Gunner or Blokes. They have him as QB#1 this year.

Edited by jeffismagic

Howard/Williams/Davis at 10. They have to get some production out of this offense through the air and if Tyrod can't do it at least 12 gauge will have some weapons to try to impress the coaches before we start talking about which QB to draft in 2018. And if I'm looking at QBs this year it would be Kaya in the 3rd or Webb from Cal in the 2nd/3rd.

You just described Tebow and look how that turned out for him. Part of your arm strength comes from your mechanics. So bad mechanics = project no matter what he has done in college. Unless Tebow was actually discriminated against because of his faith. Guess we'll find out.

Hmm. You may be right Luka. Back to the drawing board.

I'm just saying that, in the NFL they expect you to look a certain way when you're throwing the football. If they left Watson well enough alone and let him play football, he would have a chance at being at least a mid level starter. But as soon as you start trying to change every little thing about how he drops back and how he releases the football it's over. You can't effectively relearn something you've done your whole life and especially not in the short amount of time that is the window of opportunity in the NFL.

Last notes and something really cool:

Greg Gabriel @greggabe 22m22 minutes ago

Was told tonight by person who gave me Fournette to SF was bad info. The thinking is they will select Adams at 2.

Bill BarnwellVerified account @billbarnwell

The Chargers were linked to guys on draft day last year; immediately upon drafting Joey Bosa, the story was they’d decided months earlier.

Josh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris 21m21 minutes ago

Yep, Telesco said he'd been waiting to draft Bosa for a year.

Josh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris 18m18 minutes ago

None of us had Bosa at 3.

Tom Gower @ThomasGower

Last year's Mock of Mocks sheet, for reference sake

https://t.co/TDFOeggSF2

The mocks were way the hell off

Is this like "don't be surprised if the Chargers take Bosa" or is this more speculation?

informed speculation but not confirmation. Too much can happen before they pick this year. Last year was known the two QBs were going 1-2 and Bosa would be there. Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.