2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

So, the Bills have or will have worked out the top 4 QBs in the draft. For sure, they are doing due diligence.

I know that there are some ardent Mahomes fans here, but what other QBs do people like?

Watson is intriguing with his leadership and big game moxie, but inaccuracy, turnovers and arm strength are a concern.

Trubisky showed that he can make NFL throws, including anticipatory throws, but why was he a backup until this year? It is not uncommon at all for a college QB to look great one year and lose their luster the next - is Trubisky a one year wonder or a great prospect?

Deshone Kizer looked great in 2015 and regressed a lot in 2016 when his supporting cast was weaker. He wasn't able to elevate his team without good teammates, but he is very young with a good arm and is reportedly very intelligent.

Mahomes has a great arm and sees the field, but it is a wide open spread offense. In the games that I watched, I didn't see the timing/anticipation throws that a NFL QB needs and I saw more than a few jump balls that paid off for him, but could easily be turnovers in the NFL.

If you work hard to find faults and emphasize them you can do it with almost all prospects. It is rare to find a gilded qb prospect in any draft. Aaron Rogers is one of the best qbs in the game. There were criticisms of his game coming out of college. Derek Carr had questions about his game. He has turned out to be one of the best upcoming qbs in the game. Russell Wilson had every quality one would want out of a qb prospect other than height. How do you think he would look in a Buffalo uniform? Kirk Cousins wasn't an elite prospect. It took time to develop his game. There was talk that Buddy Nix was eyeing him in the upcoming round before Washington took him even after drafting Griffin with their first pick in the same draft year. The pick that could have been used on him was used on a track receiver from North Carolina State who was a bust. It was reported that Whaley liked Prescott last year. Instead he used a third round pick on Washington, a lazy and immature DT from Ohio State. I don't know about your preference but I would have preferred Prescott over Washington. My point is dithering and not acting with urgency on the qb issue is one of the prime reasons why this is a failed franchise. So what is the clarion call that many people are advocating for? Continue doing that which has led this franchise to being a generational failure. How does that make sense?

It makes no rational sense for a franchise that hasn't had a franchise qb for over two decades to be so reluctant to draft a high ranking qb prospect because of some flaws. Flaws to an extent that exist in all qbs eligible for the draft. Dithering is not a solution; it is the problem.

If the qb that Buffalo drafts selects with a high pick turns out to be an average franchise qb I can assure you that that player would have a greater positive impact than drafting a safety or corner who turn out to be an all-pro player. This cowardly cautiousness to drafting a qb has gotten to the level of an organizational neuroses. What's perplexing is that so many people ardently support the Jauron/Levy mentality to roster building? If more than a generation of mediocrity is not enough to change your minds then nothing will. The line you are standing in is the line I am proudly not standing in.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you work hard to find faults and emphasize them you can do it with almost all prospects. It is rare to find a gilded qb prospect in any draft. Aaron Rogers is one of the best qbs in the game. There were criticisms of his game coming out of college. Derek Carr had questions about his game. He has turned out to be one of the best upcoming qbs in the game. Russell Wilson had every quality one would want out of a qb prospect other than height. How do you think he would look in a Buffalo uniform? Kirk Cousins wasn't an elite prospect. It took time to develop his game. There was talk that Buddy Nix was eyeing him in the upcoming round before Washington took him even after drafting Griffin with their first pick in the same draft year. The pick that could have been used on him was used on a track receiver from North Carolina State who was a bust. It was reported that Whaley liked Prescott last year. Instead he used a third round pick on Washington, a lazy and immature DT from Ohio State. I don't know about your preference but I would have preferred Prescott over Washington. My point is dithering and not acting with urgency on the qb issue is one of the prime reasons why this is a failed franchise. So what is the clarion call that many people are advocating for? Continue doing that which has led this franchise to being a generational failure. How does that make sense?

It makes no rational sense for a franchise that hasn't had a franchise qb for over two decades to be so reluctant to draft a high ranking qb prospect because of some flaws. Flaws to an extent that exist in all qbs eligible for the draft. Dithering is not a solution; it is the problem.

If the qb that Buffalo drafts selects with a high pick turns out to be an average franchise qb I can assure you that that player would have a greater positive impact than drafting a safety or corner who turn out to be an all-pro player. This cowardly cautiousness to drafting a qb has gotten to the level of an organizational neuroses. What's perplexing is that so many people ardently support the Jauron/Levy mentality to roster building? If more than a generation of mediocrity is not enough to change your minds then nothing will. The line you are standing in is the line I am proudly not standing in.

I'm with you until the final paragraph. What's the Levy mentality to roster building? Marv didn't have to seek a quarterback, he had Kelly and Reich.

I'm with you until the final paragraph. What's the Levy mentality to roster building? Marv didn't have to seek a quarterback, he had Kelly and Reich.

When he took over for Donahoe and became the GM with Jauron as his coaching hire they made drafting defensive backs a priority. Their approach is that defense starts with the back end as a priority.

Here's the one I always look at:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/matthew-stafford?id=79860

Positives: Perhaps a bit shorter than preferred, but has excellent bulk and strength for the position. ... Durable performer who never missed a college game due to injury, despite a leaky offensive line. ... Efficient footwork and depth on his drop from center. ... Quick to scan the field and go through his progressions. ... Elite arm strength. ... Can make all the throws and shows power and toughness getting the ball deep even when defenders are closing and making contact. ... Consistent with excellent accuracy to all levels of the field. ... Consistent placing the deep out on the far shoulder of his receiver, away from the defender. ... Has good deep accuracy and trajectory. ... Lofts the ball high enough to allow his receiver to run under it. ... Aggressive, but has developed into a smarter passer over his career and will take what the defense gives him by dropping to his second and third options. ... Learning to look off the safety. ... Underrated core strength. ... Keeps his eyes downfield and will step up in the pocket and is willing to take a hit to complete the pass. ... Surprisingly nimble in the pocket and can avoid the rush. ... Underrated straight-line speed and will take what the defense gives him. ... Takes his own success and that of the team very seriously. ... Extremely competitive. ... Team captain. ... Undefeated in bowl games.

Negatives: Can get fundamentally lazy... ... Though he has an efficient overall release, should be able to speed it up for underneath screens passes to take better advantage of the surprise to the defense. ... Sloppy footwork. ... Will get lazy and throw off his back foot, which could lead to turnovers in the NFL... ... Willing to throw into tight spots, though more often than not he places the ball where it needs to be... ... Not great accuracy on crossing routes. ... Too often leads his receivers too far or forces them to reach back, slowing their momentum and limiting their ability to generate yardage after the catch.

Always thought Stafford was 6'5", guess not.

.@KwEspn on Bills 1st rd pick "I think eventually they will end up trying to get a QB at that spot. If not, WR Corey Davis could fit there."

just when I think we are going defense. I used to think that all this stuff is smokescreens but with the Bills the rumors tend to be right.

My latest top-100...there may be some minor movement, but for the most part this is locked in:

1 Myles Garrett - EDGE/Texas A&M

2 Malik Hooker - S/Ohio State

3 Jamal Adams - S/LSU

4 Marshon Lattimore - CB/Ohio State

5 Solomon Thomas - DL/Stanford

6 Jonathan Allen - DL/Alabama

7 Leonard Fournette - RB/LSU

8 Reuben Foster - LB/Alabama

9 Christian McCaffrey - RB/Stanford

10 O.J. Howard - TE/Alabama

11 Corey Davis - WR/Western Michigan

12 Charles Harris - EDGE/Missouri

13 Gareon Conley - CB/Ohio State

14 Haason Reddick - LB/Temple

15 John Ross - WR/Washington

16 Forrest Lamp - OG/Western Kentucky

17 Budda Baker - S/Washington

18 Jarrad Davis - LB/Florida

19 Mike Williams - WR/Clemson

20 Patrick Mahomes - QB/Texas Tech

21 Derek Barnett - EDGE/Tennessee

22 Marlon Humphrey - CB/Alabama

23 Garrett Bolles - OT/Utah

24 Dalvin Cook - RB/Florida State

25 David Njoku - TE/Miami

26 Mitchell Trubisky - QB/North Carolina

27 Malik McDowell - DL/Michigan

28 Tre'Davious White - CB/LSU

29 Taco Charlton - EDGE/Michigan

30 Fabian Moreau - CB/UCLA

31 Ryan Ramczyk - OT/Wisconsin

32 Josh Jones - S/NC State

33 DeShaun Watson - QB/Clemson

34 Caleb Brantley - DL/Florida

35 Quincy Wilson - CB/Florida

36 Zach Cunningham - LB/Vanderbilt

37 Takkarist McKinley - EDGE/UCLA

38 T.J. Watt - LB/Wisconsin

39 Adam Shaheen - TE/Ashland

40 Kevin King - CB/Washington

41 Jabrill Peppers - S/Michigan

42 DeShone Kizer - QB/Notre Dame

43 Tyus Bowser - EDGE/Houston

44 Obi Melifonwu - S/UConn

45 Chidobe Awuzie - CB/Colorado

46 Zay Jones - WR/East Carolina

47 Jordan Willis - EDGE/Kansas State

48 Tim Williams - EDGE/Alabama

49 Adoree' Jackson - CB/USC

50 Desmond King - S/Iowa

51 Derek Rivers - EDGE/Youngstown State

52 Larry Ogunjobi - DT/UNC-Charlotte

53 Demarcus Walker - DL/Florida State

54 Cam Robinson - OT/Alabama

55 Cooper Kupp - WR/Eastern Washington

56 Dan Feeney - OG/Indiana

57 Davis Webb - QB/California

58 Ryan Anderson - EDGE/Alabama

59 Raekwon McMillan - LB/Ohio State

60 Alvin Kamara - RB/Tennessee

61 Marcus Williams - S/Utah

62 Howard Wilson - CB/Houston

63 Tanoh Kpassagnon - DL/Villanova

64 JuJu Smith-Schuster - WR/USC

65 Cordrea Tankersly - CB/Clemson

66 Evan Engram - TE/Ole Miss

67 Jalen Tabor - CB/Florida

68 Sidney Jones - CB/Washington

69 Alex Anzalone - LB/Florida

70 Carl Lawson - EDGE/Auburn

71 Rasul Douglas - CB/West Virginia

72 Jake Butt - TE/Michigan

73 Ahkello Witherspoon - CB/Colorado

74 Justin Evans - S/Texas A&M

75 Jourdan Lewis - CB/Michigan

76 Chris Godwin - WR/Penn State

77 Joe Mixon - RB/Oklahoma

78 Antonio Garcia - OT/Troy

79 Marcus Maye - S/Florida

80 Ethan Pocic - C/LSU

81 Curtis Samuel - RB-WR/Ohio State

82 Nate Hairston - CB/Temple

83 Cam Sutton - CB/Tennessee

84 Eddie Vanderdoes - DT/UCLA

85 Pat Elflein - C/Ohio State

86 Gerald Everett - TE/South Alabama

87 Anthony Walker - LB/Northwestern

88 Josh Reynolds - WR/Texas A&M

89 Dorian Johnson - OG/Pittsburgh

90 George Kittle - TE/Iowa

91 Jalen Robinette - WR/Air Force

92 Samaje Perine - RB/Oklahoma

93 Dion Dawkins - OG/Temple

94 D'Onta Foreman - RB/Texas

95 Bucky Hodges - TE/Virginia Tech

96 Jarron Jones - DT/Notre Dame

97 Jeremiah Ledbetter - DL/Arkansas

98 Tedric Thompson - S/Colorado

99 Kendell Beckwith - LB/LSU

100 Nathan Peterman - QB/Pittsburgh

@rapsheet

Combine medical re-checks are this week & #Bama LB Reuben Foster was asked back after his incident. His shoulder has full range of motion

Big names at Combine re-checks: John Ross, Corey Davis, Takk McKinley, Jake Butt, Ryan Ramczyk. Sidney Jones will send in scans (no travel)

Here's my latest Fanspeak draft. It turned out nicely I thought. Sorry guys, no Mahomes.

10: R1P10
S JAMAL ADAMS
LSU
44: R2P12
CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE
LSU
75: R3P11
WR CHRIS GODWIN
PENN STATE
156: R5P12
OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA
171: R5P27
QB JOSHUA DOBBS
TENNESSEE
195: R6P11
TE COLE HIKUTINI
LOUISVILLE

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.