2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Without looking, name for me the RT of any of the last 3 Super Bowl Champions.

Now, without looking, name for me the #2 WR of any of the last 3 Super Bowl Champions.

first, help me, who won the last 3 superbowls ?....(laffin)

lets see...Denver sanders/thomas and I don't know RT, new England Edelman/amendola and don't know RT, seattle Baldwin/ harvin ? and don't know RT.

the only RT I can name are Dallas Free and Bills Mills

if only RT's scored fantasy points, we would know them as well as wr's.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen!

Btw this was the first time i saw Peppers live, but he had a very bad game on Saturday. He had the INT but he is atrocious in man coverage, had no answer for Samuel in coverage (multiple non calls on DPI for those who thought this game was only called a certain way) and JT left him in the dust on his big run. Then Mike Weber blocked him out of the final Samuel TD (easily, since he actually blocked two guys at the same time) and he got clowned by Samuel on the 2nd to last play where he could have brought him down at the 33 (!) and he ended up with the 1st down. I don't know how good of a safety he will be in the NFL. Can't cover elite athletes. Good kick returner though.

He also kicked and spit on the O before the game and punched a fan after the game. Fwiw.

I have a feeling Peppers is going to end up in the hybrid LB/safety role like Darren Lee, Deone Buchannon, Keanu Neal at the NFL level. He's my pick for the annual guy who all the mockers put top 5 but ends up going in the 20s or later.

Given we are set at LT and unlikely to pick a QB in round 1 (though Deshaun Watson certainly feels like a Whaley / Rex pick), the only spots we should be considering IMO with our 1st rounder is WR / pass rusher / DB.

JMO...
Has the Jabrill Peppers hype train finally come to a stop yet? He got exposed as a defender vs Iowa and again vs OSU. It reminded me of when Manti Teo played Alabama in the National Championship game a few years ago and all of a sudden looked slow and out of his league. Peppers is a good football player and great athlete overall but I don't see it as a defensive prospect. How do you get shaken out of your shoes by JT Barrett who may not be much faster than me? How do you get blocked out of the biggest play of the season by a freshman? I was at the game and he was a liability on defense in their biggest game in the biggest moments. He's too small to play LB in the NFL (he's 30 lbs lighter than Darron Lee and not nearly as fast) and not fast enough nor skilled enough to play safety. He played the same position as Lee and Shazier in college (Viper) but he reminds me of Eric Striker as an NFL prospect on D. His best position in the NFL would be a hyrbrid on offense if used correctly (not what Harbaugh did Saturday) and KR/PR. He's a stud with the ball in his hands but wouldn't waste a draft pick on him as a defensive player. Give me a real safety or a real LB instead.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

I have a feeling Peppers is going to end up in the hybrid LB/safety role like Darren Lee, Deone Buchannon, Keanu Neal at the NFL level. He's my pick for the annual guy who all the mockers put top 5 but ends up going in the 20s or later.

Given we are set at LT and unlikely to pick a QB in round 1 (though Deshaun Watson certainly feels like a Whaley / Rex pick), the only spots we should be considering IMO with our 1st rounder is WR / pass rusher / DB.

first round picks:

WR - 2004, 2014, 2015

RB - 2003, 2007, 2010

DL - 2006, 2009, 2011

DB - 2006, 2008, 2012

QB - 2004, 2013

when will we invest in the O-line ??

JMO...

Has the Jabrill Peppers hype train finally come to a stop yet? He got exposed as a defender vs Iowa and again vs OSU. It reminded me of when Manti Teo played Alabama in the National Championship game a few years ago and all of a sudden looked slow and out of his league. Peppers is a good football player and great athlete overall but I don't see it as a defensive prospect. How do you get shaken out of your shoes by JT Barrett who may not be much faster than me? How do you get blocked out of the biggest play of the season by a freshman? I was at the game and he was a liability on defense in their biggest game in the biggest moments. He's too small to play LB in the NFL (he's 30 lbs lighter than Darron Lee and not nearly as fast) and not fast enough nor skilled enough to play safety. He played the same position as Lee and Shazier in college (Viper) but he reminds me of Eric Striker as an NFL prospect on D. His best position in the NFL would be a hyrbrid on offense if used correctly (not what Harbaugh did Saturday) and KR/PR. He's a stud with the ball in his hands but wouldn't waste a draft pick on him as a defensive player. Give me a real safety or a real LB instead.

What does your team do at #1? Best available QB or Highest Rated Player?

@NFL_CFB

"Started to resurrect his chances of being viewed as top QB in CFB." - @BuckyBrooks WK 13 grade for Deshaun Watson: http://on.nfl.com/iTTvns

CyhMR_vXAAE_7NU.jpg

The perfect @NFL comp for @ClemsonFB's Mike Williams? @plaxicoburress #DareToCompare: http://on.nfl.com/t9q6oq

CyhbZSLW8AAKlKs.jpg

first round picks:

WR - 2004, 2014, 2015

RB - 2003, 2007, 2010

DL - 2006, 2009, 2011

DB - 2006, 2008, 2012

QB - 2004, 2013

This doesn't feel like the year to do it. There may be as few as 1 first round tackle. To be fair you started the year after they made one of the worst draft pick in franchise history (an OT early). The Bills also used a 1st on Wood which you excluded, a 2nd on Glenn, a 2nd on CK, and a 2nd on Levitre since 2009. That is 4 picks in the top 2 rounds over the last 8 drafts. That isn't crazy low. In addition, they drafted a high ceiling guy in Seantrel, a steady guy in Miller and signed Incognito. The Bills haven't ignored the OL and that's why they have one of the best OL's in football.

This doesn't feel like the year to do it. There may be as few as 1 first round tackle. To be fair you started the year after they made one of the worst draft pick in franchise history (an OT early). The Bills also used a 1st on Wood which you excluded, a 2nd on Glenn, a 2nd on CK, and a 2nd on Levitre since 2009. That is 4 picks in the top 2 rounds over the last 8 drafts. That isn't crazy low. In addition, they drafted a high ceiling guy in Seantrel, a steady guy in Miller and signed Incognito. The Bills haven't ignored the OL and that's why they have one of the best OL's in football.

Also spent a 3rd round pick on Miller in 2015.

first round picks:

WR - 2004, 2014, 2015

RB - 2003, 2007, 2010

DL - 2006, 2009, 2011

DB - 2006, 2008, 2012

QB - 2004, 2013

What?

Whaley's first draft as GM was the 2014 draft. He took an OT with his 2nd and 7th round picks.

His 2nd draft as GM was the 2015 draft, and he took a guard with his 3rd round pick (his 2nd pick of the draft).

Last year was the first draft where he didn't spend one of his top 2 picks on the OL.

JMO...

I'm on record saying that Peppers' best position might well be running back. I prefer his speed on offense dictating than on defense reacting.

I like the theory of Jabrill Peppers a lot. In theory, he's got the athletic ability and range to play that single-high FS role but he lacks the discipline to do it. As a strong safety, I'm not sure he's a roll into the box enforcer as a tackler. Playing SS or WLB, I'm not sure he's good enough in coverage to consistently go 1-on-1 with a RB/TE.

As a prospect, I'm probably going to end up putting him in the same bracket I did with Darron Lee. 3rd round grade because instincts matter more than speed does. I'm not entirely sure what to do with him and he'll suffer in my process because of his versatility.

1st Pick Cam Robinson Alabama OT, Best player available and needed for starter/depth.

2nd pick, Marcus Maye S Florida, Bills desperate for a Safety.

3rd pick, Jordon Leggett TE Clemson, Ryan loves Clemson guys and we need a TE.

4th pick, Chad Kelly QB, Ole Miss, roll the bones and see what we get.

5th pick, Malachi Dupree WR LSU, 6"3' wide receiver big target

6th pick, Ed Paris CB LSU, always take at least one CB per draft

7th pick, Amba Etta-Tawo WR Syracuse, WR depth

@theMMQB

The Anonymous Scout on: Florida State FB Freddie Stevenson Michigan TE Jake Butt LSU CB Tre'Davious White

https://t.co/LfD8iIcjlP

Jamal Adams emerged from the visitors locker room carrying his Thanksgiving dinner—a chicken sandwich in a box—his LSU backpack, and the sense of pride that comes with laying waste to the home team on Thanksgiving. The junior safety made his presence felt on the very first drive against Texas A&M, with a third-down sack of Trevor Knight en route to a 54-39 victory. It was a play reminiscent of former LSU safety Tyrann Mathieu, whose exploits in coverage and as a blitzer and tackler earned him the Chuck Bednarik Award as the nation’s best defensive player in 2011. Mathieu is one of the standard-bearers for what current LSU defensive backs describe as a “fraternity,” the cult of position known as DBU.

1st Pick Cam Robinson Alabama OT, Best player available and needed for starter/depth.

2nd pick, Marcus Maye S Florida, Bills desperate for a Safety.

3rd pick, Jordon Leggett TE Clemson, Ryan loves Clemson guys and we need a TE.

4th pick, Chad Kelly QB, Ole Miss, roll the bones and see what we get.

5th pick, Malachi Dupree WR LSU, 6"3' wide receiver big target

6th pick, Ed Paris CB LSU, always take at least one CB per draft

7th pick, Amba Etta-Tawo WR Syracuse, WR depth

I like this draft except for swag Kelly. He isn't going to get drafted and certainly not in the 4th. Add another CB there (maybe a small school kid with good tools) and I am in.

Rang's Big Board

While the overall talent in the SEC or Big Ten will prove itself on draft day -- and perhaps the College Football Playoff -- it was the Atlantic Coast Conference that provided the most excitement in Week 13.

North Carolina Tar Heels quarterback Mitch Trubisky , Clemson Tigers wide receiver Mike Williams and a pair of Florida State Seminoles -- running back Dalvin Cook and defensive lineman DeMarcus Walker -- enjoyed the type of splashy performances that has their respective draft stock soaring at just the right time.

With the regular season over for most teams and only conference championships and the subsequent bowl games still on the schedule, the talent likely to be available in the 2017 NFL draft is becoming clear. Here is my updated personal ranking of the Top 32 NFL prospects in the country.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.