2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801815/article/nfl-gm-two-qbs-will-be-chosen-among-top-nine-picks

"I had a general manager tell me that two quarterbacks will be taken before the Buffalo Bills pick at No. 10," said NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly. "Two quarterbacks in the top nine. That'd be a shocker."

Casserly, the former Washington Redskins GM, recently polled 22 NFL clubs on the top quarterback in the draft, and most responses identified either Clemson's Deshaun Watson or North Carolina's Mitchell Trubisky.

It's not a tough choice at all...he was on the field for a TON of plays in college.

His production was outstanding, and his measurables are comparable to Mario Williams.

Also a notorious quitter

Depends on how one views Trubisky. If both are close you can drop back.

I would need a lot to not take Mahomes as I think he should be a top 5 pick.

Can't wait to see you at next years draft class, you wont be able to contain yourself.

I don't like moving up in this draft for a QB. If we take one at 10, fine, but we have holes everywhere and our team would be worse off this year trading up imo. Tru wouldn't start this year anyway. I want WR/LB/DB this year and QB next year.

look at that, we actually agree, things must be turning around for the Bills.

According to Andy Benoit of SI he said he thinks Trubisky's best place to go is Buffalo because of our run heavy offense. He watches a lot of film and is knowledgeable.

The Interview (on John Murphy show) starts around 7:30 mark and he gets into the QB breakdown at 12 minute mark.

I have never posted a link but here it is for anyone else as obsessed as I am about next week's draft:

http://d3efjls8gnbg8i.cloudfront.net/1642018/119104644.mp3?rhihttphost=wgr550.hosted.cx

Spoiler alert - surprisingly he didn't suggest the Bills draft any QB at 10 and he also said he doesn't think we will reach for a CB either - it was an Ah-ha moment for John Murphy, Donald Jones and me that McDermott's zone values speedy LBs and strong DL so much more than cover guys in his zone defense.

I have read every page of this thread and appreciate the insight from you guys too.

This was a good listen. Thank you :thumbsup:

This was a good listen. Thank you :thumbsup:

You're Welcome - glad you liked it, too. I guessed WR Corey Davis a month ago and sticking with it but would be good with Defense, too.

I recall when we drafted Shane Conlan in '87 and his play helped us during our rise in the AFC East, of course Bennett added to that so if we go LB - I will hope it is some good karma coming round again.

You're Welcome - glad you liked it, too. I guessed WR Corey Davis a month ago and sticking with it but would be good with Defense, too.

I recall when we drafted Shane Conlan in '87 and his play helped us during our rise in the AFC East, of course Bennett added to that so if we go LB - I will hope it is some good karma coming round again.

Yea I've been on the LB train but I like what I see from Davis. Just hope they get the right player really

Mel Kiper on ESPN radio not sure how tape delayed it was...

A Buffalo caller made it on line and Kiper said he didn't think QB position was worth trading up for and thinks the Bills will get OJ Howard (if he's there) or Mike Williams who should be there.

A few other items is he says Kizer holds the ball way too long, disagrees with Mayock over Jabrill Peppers - Kiper said Peppers is a first round talent and Mayock doesn't.

Thinks Dallas will trade up for a Pass Rusher.

Mel Kiper on ESPN radio not sure how tape delayed it was...

A Buffalo caller made it on line and Kiper said he didn't think QB position was worth trading up for and thinks the Bills will get OJ Howard (if he's there) or Mike Williams who should be there.

A few other items is he says Kizer holds the ball way too long, disagrees with Mayock over Jabrill Peppers - Kiper said Peppers is a first round talent and Mayock doesn't.

Thinks Dallas will trade up for a Pass Rusher.

Kiper went all in on Peppers early and refuses to come off of that. He is going to PRAISE the team that takes him in the 2nd round.

ESPN top 100: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19180310/ranking-top-100-prospects-available-2017-nfl-draft-espn-nfl-nation-reporter-jeff-legwold

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Kiper went all in on Peppers early and refuses to come off of that. He is going to PRAISE the team that takes him in the 2nd round.

ESPN top 100: http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19180310/ranking-top-100-prospects-available-2017-nfl-draft-espn-nfl-nation-reporter-jeff-legwold

Thank you, Kirby Jackson.

We all want that "A" grade in the draft but you're right that these guys will praise the teams that agree with them and its the final grade (review in 3-4 years) that really counts.

So I sat with my buddy today that is the super engaged Clemson alum and asked him to rank their draft prospects:

- Williams

- Watson

- Tankersley

- Watkins

- Leggett

- Boulware

- some safety that I never heard of

- their center (also never heard of him)

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Thank you, Kirby Jackson.

We all want that "A" grade in the draft but you're right that these guys will praise the teams that agree with them and its the final grade (review in 3-4 years) that really counts.

I get scared when ESPN rates our draft high!

So I sat with my buddy today that is the super engaged Clemson alum and asked him to rank their draft prospects:

- Williams

- Watson

- Tankersley

- Watkins

- Leggett

- Boulware

- some safety that I never heard of

- their center (also never heard of him)

Been hearing great things about Carlos Watkins as a DT. Would be a nice target for the Bills in the 3rd or 4th round.

I get scared when ESPN rates our draft high!

Been hearing great things about Carlos Watkins as a DT. Would be a nice target for the Bills in the 3rd or 4th round.

Yeah, he's probably not the best gauge because of his bias but he knows them inside and out. He loves the 1st 4 guys. Watkins in the mid rounds would be a win and a great long term answer to Kyle.

#Titans, #Bills, #Jets and #49ers among teams in Top 10 of NFL draft who have called around for trade downs.

Cool News - Thanks!

Got to Love that it looks as if we are progressively trying to trade down as many engaged Fans want.

I wonder if there may be a northeastern stand off if Wheelin' and Dealin' Whaley has a nice set up for us to trade down (Arizona?) to get more pics and Sean "steady as she goes" McDermott , not wanting to roll the dice, pressures us to make a pick. As a first year head coach - I am sure he doesn't want to miss on a blue chip guy.

If we do trade down -you can feel the love and synergy of the united hierarchy.

That being said - Sean seems like the kind of Coach that would grab an Offensive player to help his OC Dennison.

If this were Vegas - I'd put $100 on an Offensive Player will be chosen (50/50 shot I'm wrong).

Thanks for the heads up on DT Watkins! We grabbed Kyle Williams from a 5th round pick.

If I am not mistaken - when we traded WR Eric Moulds to the Texans - we grabbed Mr. Williams.

Happy Sunday of Draft Week!

This is a little dated but some interesting takes within this:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2017-bills-rumors-picks-mock-projection-order-preview/116fdxw7hehji1wbed4csaitxm

Within it is the second link:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2017-quarterback-rumors-bears-eagles-browns-49ers/1sh4s33hm8jln1aj1kfmu5ijpd

Need to golf to get my mind off the draft for a few hours...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.