RD 6, Pick 192: WR Kolby Listenbee, TCU

Comparing this guy to goodwin is a bit amusing. His frame is so clearly more suited for the league. I really love how he attacks the ball too.

I agree that his frame is a benefit and he attacks the ball - but the comparisons to Goodwin are pretty obvious and appropriate.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that his frame is a benefit and he attacks the ball - but the comparisons to Goodwin are pretty obvious and appropriate.

The only real comparisons are speed and willingness to fight for the ball. But the difference in size alone is huge. Six feet and 200 pounds is a good size for any WR, much less a guy who runs in the 4.3s (and probably the 4.2s when healthy). And when I heard/read the draft reports about Goodwin, there was nothing about his "natural hands" or the ability to track the ball like with Listenbee. He is also significantly stronger and was actually the strongest WR at the Combine.

Watching these highlights is what I was expecting to see when TJ Graham got drafted.

I had no clue about the kid and when I read about his world class speed I expected to see highlights that matched the perception. Boy were those "highlights" a downer and a good predictor of what was to come.

At least on film, Listenbee plays like a speedster.

I'm pretty excited about this pick. Tyrod and Listenbee should be a perfect match.

Watkins, Woods, Hankerson, Listenbee, Salas isn't terrible. Upgrade Woods next year and it'd be pretty darn good.

Edited by Chilly

I agree he does look like an improvement on Goodwin, but the question will really be if he can learn to run routes. If so then this could be a steal.

It looks like want they want from him initially is just to run go routes and prevent the safety from sliding over to Sammy's side. But route running can be taught. The other stuff...not so much.

The only real comparisons are speed and willingness to fight for the ball. But the difference in size alone is huge. Six feet and 200 pounds is a good size for any WR, much less a guy who runs in the 4.3s (and probably the 4.2s when healthy). And when I heard/read the draft reports about Goodwin, there was nothing about his "natural hands" or the ability to track the ball like with Listenbee. He is also significantly stronger and was actually the strongest WR at the Combine.

I'm not debating any of that. I'm saying comparing him to Goodwin is obvious. He's our current speed threat and they just brought in another one. The conversation surrounding Listenbee vs Goodwin and the possibility of Listenbee taking his role is appropriate.

I'm not debating any of that. I'm saying comparing him to Goodwin is obvious. He's our current speed threat and they just brought in another one. The conversation surrounding Listenbee vs Goodwin and the possibility of Listenbee taking his role is appropriate.

Got it.

I had no clue about the kid and when I read about his world class speed I expected to see highlights that matched the perception. Boy were those "highlights" a downer and a good predictor of what was to come.

At least on film, Listenbee plays like a speedster.

I noticed that as well on the "highlights" that his speed doesn't look so blazing. I wondered if it was because of his QB not having the throwing power to lead him properly. On a few plays I did see him track the ball and go get it. Other plays it looked like he had troubles. I know nothing about his QB so I couldn't tell you.

But that's why I said he might have issues with acceleration but not speed. Not enough to pull away from his defender at first but once he gets going, he can pull away.

Looking forward to seeing this kid as a Bill !

I so hope we can see Watkins Goodwin and Listenbee on the field at some point with Shady in the back field. Lesean can block very well and catch even better. How does a Team defend that ?

Looking forward to seeing this kid as a Bill !

I so hope we can see Watkins Goodwin and Listenbee on the field at some point with Shady in the back field. Lesean can block very well and catch even better. How does a Team defend that ?

I'd rather see Woods than Goodwin.

I'd rather see Woods than Goodwin.

then you miss my point.

Woods is not the vertical threat at all.

My point is Tyrod takes a 7 step drop and chucks it to the deep towards end zone. one of those three will beat the coverage on top, If not Shady is going to have some serious room to run after the catch.

I am talking once and awhile running something like this. Heck add Clay in there to keep the safety in the middle.

Conceptually unstoppable

then you miss my point.

Woods is not the vertical threat at all.

My point is Tyrod takes a 7 step drop and chucks it to the deep towards end zone. one of those three will beat the coverage on top, If not Shady is going to have some serious room to run after the catch.

I am talking once and awhile running something like this. Heck add Clay in there to keep the safety in the middle.

Conceptually unstoppable

I knew what you were getting at.

I knew what you were getting at.

I hope you know I am great fan of our underrated and underutilized Mr Robert ?

The suggestion you make also makes my next point, if all these guys can get on the field? The matchup options just get silly.

and we have not even talked about the running game

I hope you know I am great fan of our underrated and underutilized Mr Robert ?

The suggestion you make also makes my next point, if all these guys can get on the field? The matchup options just get silly.

and we have not even talked about the running game

Goodwin can't stay healthy. If he could, I'd be all for that lineup. But I'd be fine with a lineup of Sammy and Kolby on the outside, Woods in the slot, Clay at TE and Shady at RB. That would be formidable enough.