RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel about the pick of Ragland at that spot though ?

Everyone should be allowed to speak , regardless.

That's my Dad. Im not sure if he will look back here or not so ill chime in and he can follow if he wants.

He was dying for Ragland even at 19 and all joy when we picked him. He's been keen to get a stud MLB for a very long time. I thought I'd need to call an ambulance when Patrick Willis was picked in front of us. He wouldn't shush up about Luke keuchly before that draft. He still has his Poz jersey along with many others. He may be rough around the edges but he's diehard just like the rest of us. He's rarely missed a game since getting a dish around the start of the drought. back in the 60s he used to take the bus to war memorial stadium by himself as a 12 year old. Different time I guess.

He wanted big Ben reeeeeal bad. He disliked EJ and wanted Geno. He wanted Watkins. Honestly when he draws a line in the sand and really wants a guy his record isn't bad. Racking my brain Geno is his only real bust I can come up with over the years. There may have been one other MLB he picked out that didn't make it as big also.

I like Cardale so not sure where he's coming from there. He had his eye on Prescott for a long time. The Cardale thing might be a combo of Prescott frustration and EJ hangover. Or maybe he's right who the heck knows. Thanks 3rdand12 for being you man.

That's my Dad. Im not sure if he will look back here or not so ill chime in and he can follow if he wants.

He was dying for Ragland even at 19 and all joy when we picked him. He's been keen to get a stud MLB for a very long time. I thought I'd need to call an ambulance when Patrick Willis was picked in front of us. He wouldn't shush up about Luke keuchly before that draft. He still has his Poz jersey along with many others. He may be rough around the edges but he's diehard just like the rest of us. He's rarely missed a game since getting a dish around the start of the drought. back in the 60s he used to take the bus to war memorial stadium by himself as a 12 year old. Different time I guess.

He wanted big Ben reeeeeal bad. He disliked EJ and wanted Geno. He wanted Watkins. Honestly when he draws a line in the sand and really wants a guy his record isn't bad. Racking my brain Geno is his only real bust I can come up with over the years. There may have been one other MLB he picked out that didn't make it as big also.

I like Cardale so not sure where he's coming from there. He had his eye on Prescott for a long time. The Cardale thing might be a combo of Prescott frustration and EJ hangover. Or maybe he's right who the heck knows. Thanks 3rdand12 for being you man.

Heres the thing, i cannot harsh on anyone. Its just aint right.

I have some call me out here and only once did i ask them to leave me be, and i have no one on ignore, Because everyone has a place here.

There is no right or wrong, it's a fan based discussion. Sure we can poke each other, and we can choose not to respond.

Thats all good!!

I did not realize that was your Pops!! how cool you both can chew the fat over Bills football !! I wish i were so lucky.

I was not a fan of Ragland AT ALL for quite awhile. Once i started digging i changed my tune and became a big fan. Thats just how we roll. we can be wrong we can be right and we can change our mind.

I would been PO'd if we took C Jones in the 3rd, but okey doke with him in the fourth. I don't know if that makes sense.

I was tense about taking Ragland at 19 and f'n delighted when he fell so far.

detail details

Thanks Aaron for giving us insight into your Pops. If you are much like him, he is a good old dude. ( much like me) HAHA

Edited by 3rdand12

Thanks for chiming in, Aaron. That at least provides some backdrop for your dad's comments.

Heres the thing, i cannot harsh on anyone. Its just aint right.

I have some call me out here and only once did i ask them to leave me be, and i have no one on ignore, Because everyone has a place here.

There is no right or wrong, it's a fan based discussion. Sure we can poke each other, and we can choose not to respond.

Thats all good!!

I did not realize that was your Pops!! how cool you both can chew the fat over Bills football !! I wish i were so lucky.

I was not a fan of Ragland AT ALL for quite awhile. Once i started digging i changed my tune and became a big fan. Thats just how we roll. we can be wrong we can be right and we can change our mind.

I would been PO'd if we took C Jones in the 3rd, but okey doke with him in the fourth. I don't know if that makes sense.

I was tense about taking Ragland at 19 and f'n delighted when he fell so far.

detail details

Thanks Aaron for giving us insight into your Pops. If you are much like him, he is a good old dude. ( much like me) HAHA

We're all lucky, my dude, The Pegulas own our Bills :beer:

I don't ignore either, I like hearing the dissenting opinions as long as they come with logic. I think sometimes people out there hesitate because they don't wanna debate 1-on-15. But when someone does that for awhile it opens the door for others to speak up and create discussion and we can learn. I have a lot of respect for Bill in NYC, K-9, Badol and other posters who are willing to do that not every time, but if its what they think, for a reason. You just better have something behind it Pops, damn dude

I'm starting to wonder if Cardale has a shot at the backup job. You think..?

Thanks for chiming in, Aaron. That at least provides some backdrop for your dad's comments.

I just wanted to answer some of the questions and give you an idea.

I don't think Tyrod has any concern about this Jones taking over as starter this season, but he has to be aware that if Jones shows promise it could affect his contract, and even his future with the team. But then again, you guys know everything!

Short of a total disaster from tyrod, cardale has little to no impact

Everyone should be allowed to speak , regardless.

Of course. But I have a problem when posters just come in and make statements like "Cardale sucks. He's a wasted pick" without offering anything to back it up. It adds nothing to the board, IMO. And with Cardale, there seem to also be a lot of posters who question his intelligence, even though all the evidence I've seen and heard is to the contrary. (Not saying Wagon Circler did this.). And Aaron, thanks for adding some perspective.

Of course. But I have a problem when posters just come in and make statements like "Cardale sucks. He's a wasted pick" without offering anything to back it up. It adds nothing to the board, IMO. And with Cardale, there seem to also be a lot of posters who question his intelligence, even though all the evidence I've seen and heard is to the contrary. (Not saying Wagon Circler did this.). And Aaron, thanks for adding some perspective.

Football intelligence. Aren't legitimate scouts questioning it?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/cardale-jones?id=2555426

That might be why.

I understand bud :thumbsup:

The more I think about this the more I think Jonesy has a shot at the backup job. He's a pro style offense guy and Roman is really adept at simplifying things and taking weight off his QBs shoulders. Cardale doesn't have to beat out much. It's easier to develop him during the season and get him practice reps if he's second string.

Edited by Aaron

I understand bud :thumbsup:

The more I think about this the more I think Jonesy has a shot at the backup job. He's a pro style offense guy and Roman is really adept at simplifying things and taking weight off his QBs shoulders. Cardale doesn't have to beat out much. It's easier to develop him during the season and get him practice reps if he's second string.

This is not the plan for 2016.

What makes you say that 26? EJ will enter camp the backup and absolutely should. I would think he'd have to outplay the rook to keep it though.

Already stated by Whaley and company after the draft. They know that Cardale is too green to be the #2 back QB is 2016. They are on the record with EJ being the #2 and it makes since given his guaranteed salary and Cardale's lack of readiness with such limited CFB experience.

QB Jones won’t alter EJ’s spot on depth chart in 2016

The drafting of QB Cardale Jones with the last pick in round four is not expected to have any impact on EJ Manuel’s role as the number two quarterback on Buffalo’s roster in 2016.

Bills GM Doug Whaley said Jones will come in as the team’s third quarterback and get to work on building his game from the ground up after making just 11 starts and attempting just 270 passes in his college career. Whaley also said they feel more than comfortable with Manuel as their backup to Tyrod Taylor.

Already stated by Whaley and company after the draft. They know that Cardale is too green to be the #2 back QB is 2016. They are on the record with EJ being the #2 and it makes since given his guaranteed salary and Cardale's lack of readiness with such limited CFB experience.

QB Jones wont alter EJs spot on depth chart in 2016

I watched the interviews. Must've missed the announcement that EJ will be the backup all season long no matter what happens in camp or practice. Cardale has much to learn before he's ready for the trials no doubt.

I watched the interviews. Must've missed the announcement that EJ will be the backup all season long no matter what happens in camp or practice. Cardale has much to learn before he's ready for the trials no doubt.

More from Whaley in the linked article from the Bills' website:

“Very comfortable,” said Whaley. “If you look around the league we think he’s as good a number two as most out there. He’s a No. 2 for a reason as are a lot of other guys. We think he could come in and hold serve if Tyrod loses some playing time. He’s a consummate professional and he’s going to try to get better and better each day.

“Granted everybody is going to say, ‘Oh look at the Jacksonville game.’ But we were leading before that last drive and he came back from a 28-point deficit. If we win the game everybody is talking about it being the biggest comeback victory since Frank Reich. So we think the guy has some talent and we know we’re comfortable with him as our number two.”

QB Jones wont alter EJs spot on depth chart in 2016

Thanks for adding the link, I do recall that. They say EJ will come in as the backup. Long time between now and September just ask EJ and Matt Cassel circa 2015. I'm prepared for anything :flirt:

I don't know if this point has already been made so forgive me if it has. Last year EJ started the season as our #3. Cassel was eventually cut with the reason that EJ can better develop as the #2. I wonder if that same approach could be used for Cardale depending on how he does in camp and pre-season.

I don't know if this point has already been made so forgive me if it has. Last year EJ started the season as our #3. Cassel was eventually cut with the reason that EJ can better develop as the #2. I wonder if that same approach could be used for Cardale depending on how he does in camp and pre-season.

Completely different scenario with Cassel being an experienced veteran.