Common denominator on first 3 picks

yes, 100%

i should have phrased it differently. the bust is mitigated if you fail.

in my mind round 1 has starter potential day 1 - no ifs ands or buts (but i also believe sitting them a year makes sense, too).

round 2 or 3 has the immediate depth players.

4 is the tweener range - you get someone who is depth but also fills needs in special teams and schemes

5-6 is the risk players. the undersized nose tackle. the unpolished wr. the heavy running back. the small school qb.

round 7 is the potential player. the one you can't afford to risk to find in udfa. your high character, high risk, developmental player or your highly questionable character, fully skilled and remarkable lit up a bong as he walked on stage guy.

Incorrect. According to atlbillsfan1975 you should expect to see 5 starters out of every draft. After all, that's how you build a team!

Great read

Attitude adjustment: Bills HC Rex Ryan counting on top three picks bringing the pain on defensehttp://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/05/07/attitude-adjustment-rex-ryan-counting-top-three-picks-bringing-pain-defense/

That IS a great read, and I found it surprisingly encouraging. I remember playing the Steelers when Jimbo couldn't throw a 5 yard slant to Reed without frightening consequences. I want the Bills to look like that. But Rex has to make it happen. I'll have to see it over time to overcome my Rexaphobia. I'm hoping for a miracle cure!

My rose colored glasses don't allow me to see what you are seeing.

I may have to drive over and slap you silly.

Anyone who responds to this person's post is a gugny.

He does realize whaley is to my knowledge biracial right?

You're ridiculous.

70% of the players in the league are black. That means on a random basis, there is an 8% chance that one team would draft 7 black players in a row. That means that on average, 8% of the teams (i.e., about 2-3 in any given year) would draft all black players. The idea that that is the same as drafting all white players is silly. With 30% of the league white, drafting seven in a row would happen .02% of the time or about once every 5,000 drafts, i.e., once every 156 years (assuming that there are 32 drafts per year). So yeah, if a team drafted all white players, people would take a closer look, as well they should.

I had no choice but to laugh when you said 156 years if there was 32 drafts a year which would be an astounding 3 drafts a month

I had no choice but to laugh when you said 156 years if there was 32 drafts a year which would be an astounding 3 drafts a month

I do LOVE the draft, so that's OK.

Oh, and I could not care less about Doug's racial background, or that of anyone he drafts. That's just silly stuff. Doug is the MAN! Go get players!

And they all have a lights out hit/story that resulted in the complete leveling of an opposed player.....They're all thumpers that love to hit, hard.

not denying that, just saying

I do LOVE the draft, so that's OK.

Oh, and I could not care less about Doug's racial background, or that of anyone he drafts. That's just silly stuff. Doug is the MAN! Go get players!

he does great with defense, offense is lacking

Not trying to start trouble, but I think it's a valid question.

Oh its sure is!

Really one of those "under the radar" types of realizations.

also a who knew?

and then the requisite, " now that you mention it "

I prefer the old stand by.

Dude, you have lost your mind.

I was waiting for someone to do the math. I didn't read it, beyond knowing someone did the math. I'm not checking the work. Pick the best players, Doug.

Is the plural Gugnii?

Gugknees i believe is the proper form, depending on local dialect and wind direction

And they all have a lights out hit/story that resulted in the complete leveling of an opposed player.....They're all thumpers that love to hit, hard.

this is the answer.

now which door do you pick ?

Edited by 3rdand12

he does great with defense, offense is lacking

I remember thinking that while he was with the Jets for the draft. Last year we went heavy on offense, which surprised me and eased my fears. At least it's balanced after 2 off-seasons. Time will tell. Anyone paying attention knows I don't love Rex, but I'm happy with the draft.

I dont think any of them are Boom or Busts. Cardale Jones is boom or bust same with Nkemndidhasdhaksdhkas.

I think the floors on our 1st 3 picks are back-up Sub package players at worst.

Nkemdiche, it's not that hard