2016 draft rounds 2 & 3 around the league

Beerball

At best, they were playing a hunch. That's fine if you are moving up for a QB or a difference maker at a premium position. We are talking about an inside linebacker. It's the type of move up that foolish teams make and smart teams take advantage of.

Did I ever say they didn't?

You certainly implied it. Lots of QBs on ultra talented teams had good records - those 10 wins don't mean much in terms of evaluating Jones as a NFL prospect.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At best, they were playing a hunch. That's fine if you are moving up for a QB or a difference maker at a premium position. We are talking about an inside linebacker. It's the type of move up that foolish teams make and smart teams take advantage of.

Did I ever say they didn't?

Alright. I do not think he is not a good pick, and i do not like to trade up.

lets hope he crushes it

You certainly implied it. Lots of QBs on ultra talented teams had good records - those 10 wins don't mean much in terms of evaluating Jones as a NFL prospect.

But you suggested that his physical skills alone don't mean much. I simply pointed out that he has a track record of using those skills to win football games. If having great physical skills and winning football games at QB aren't enough in your book, what is?

As it fell, the Bills would have had a shot to pick Jarran Reed and I would have been happy with that, but I have zero problem with trading two 4ths to ensure they got who they wanted. Pickings got pretty slim by pick 49

me too , woulda been good with Reed

But you suggested that his physical skills alone don't mean much. I simply pointed out that he has a track record of using those skills to win football games. If having great physical skills and winning football games at QB aren't enough in your book, what is?

I just don't think he was that responsible for those wins. Ohio State won a lot of game without him playing at all.