Trump vs Clinton: Pre Convention matchup

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for in the General Election?

• Clinton
    • Trump

I wasn't going to ask you this, but I've changed my mind: What do you think will happen to people who aren't straight, white males if Trump is elected?

Seriously. I mean, I could see if he said "I'm glad I'm not a Muslim" or "I'm glad I'm not an underaged girl on an island owned by Jeffrey Epstein" or "I'm glad I'm not an illegal alien."

Trump has pissed off a lot of people, but he hasn't said a thing against homosexuals.

I mean, it's just a matter of time before he gets to them, but he hasn't gone there yet.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wasn't going to ask you this, but I've changed my mind: What do you think will happen to people who aren't straight, white males if Trump is elected?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q1PVOIqQAns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

NBC and ABC News Shine Spotlight On Democratic Divide, 15 Percent Of Obama Voters Supporting Trump.

And why not, considering how similar the candidates have been on the stump, and possibly in office as well.

My sense is that the Democrats who are inclined to vote for Trump are those that share the same sense of nationalism that some Republicans do, and aren't necessarily attracted to any perceived Democrat values that Trump may have.

My sense is that the Democrats who are inclined to vote for Trump are those that share the same sense of nationalism that some Republicans do, and aren't necessarily attracted to any perceived Democrat values that Trump may have.

A certain number of people just get swept up by the populist candidates. Trump is the cool new thing, just like O was eight years ago.

Ed Rendell: Democrats Are Short About $10 Million For Convention

Democrats are having trouble raising the $64 million they will need for their convention in July, says Ed Rendell, the chairman of the Philadelphia host committee.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/ed-rendell-democrats-are-short-about-10-million-for-conventi?utm_term=.yjP9MwvDK#.igP7YBdxK

tunn.jpg CALLING WALL STREET, CALLING HOLLYWOOD !!

Trump vs. Hillary: November’s Grim Choice for Conservatives

The problem is here:

Her liberal initiatives would elicit nearly uniform opposition from Republicans; his would split them. He would make the Republican party less conservative while simultaneously discrediting conservatism with large portions of the public, possibly for many years.

'Uniform opposition' to a liberal president is worthless; we've had that for the last 8 years and gotten nothing but bad press out of it. Conservatism has already been discredited because of the impression (real or media-created) it doesn't stand for anything except Bible-thumper social issues and opposition to minorities. Conversely, Obama's most important achievement is the resuscitation of liberalism. He embraced it and he won big. The GOP needs something to embrace.

The upshot is the party needs to move to the center, not further to the right. They need to get past the fear of "alienating the base" and have a major shake up to reclaim middle ground voters, Dems who realize their party has been hijacked by the far left, and voters who feel disenfranchised by the power structure of both parties. Trump obviously isn't the ideal choice, but he's tapped into something the GOP hasn't seen in decades. If electing Trump is what's required to drive the evolution of the GOP, so be it.

I'd like to think the GOP will have learned it's lesson regardless of the outcome in November and come up with some kind of plan other than 'maybe Hillary will fall flat on her face', but I'm skeptical until I see the evidence.

The upshot is the party needs to move to the center, not further to the right. They need to get past the fear of "alienating the base" and have a major shake up to reclaim middle ground voters, Dems who realize their party has been hijacked by the far left, and voters who feel disenfranchised by the power structure of both parties. Trump obviously isn't the ideal choice, but he's tapped into something the GOP hasn't seen in decades. If electing Trump is what's required to drive the evolution of the GOP, so be it.

Well said - 100% agreement. :beer:

I'm in partial agreement. Call me spiteful, but I think there's a lot of pay-back that needs to be done.

One thing I do delight in is Trump's ability to get way, way under the skin of the Left. They're incapable of controlling themselves from getting unhinged at the mere mention of his name. It's like "Palin/Bush" on steroids. Trouble is, a lot of conservatives have a hard time not getting unhinged at the thought of his candidacy and potential Presidency.

Just this once though, I would love to see an in-your-face Republican President who would turn the tables on the Dems. Remember Craig Livingstone anyone? Trump's the kind of audacious CEO that would put that plan into action on day 1. I want to see Hillary fully investigated, and the clowns over at the State Department and the IRS grilled and taken to task. I also think the EPA needs to have it's dictatorial powers curtailed. None of that would happen if any other Republican were elected - save perhaps Cruz.

Not sure though what shape the Republican party would be in after he leaves office though.

POLITICO: Why Some of the Smartest Progressives I Know Will Vote for Trump over Hillary.

“To be sure, not all of my Sanders-supporting readers would vote for Trump. But only a minority would ever vote for Clinton, and I’d guess that a lot of them would just stay home if she were the nominee.

Many of my readers tend to be very progressive, and they have been driven even further in that direction by their sophisticated understanding of the inequities of Wall Street, especially in the run-up to and the aftermath of the financial crisis, when no senior executives went to jail, the biggest banks got bigger, and Hillary paid homage to Goldman Sachs.

True progressives, as opposed to the Vichy Left, recognize that the Clintons only helped these inequities along. They recognize that, both in the 1990s and now, the Clintons do not and have never represented them. They believe the most powerful move they can take to foster change is to withhold their support

CALIFORNIA POLL: Bernie 44, Clinton 43.

Edited by B-Man

CALIFORNIA POLL: Bernie 44, Clinton 43.

As he has elsewhere, Sanders benefits here from party rules that allow registered nonpartisan voters — known in California as “no party preference” voters — to take part in the Democratic primary. Among nonpartisans who were likely to vote, he led by 48%-35%.

Wait a sec...does this mean I can vote for Bernie next week?

Wait a sec...does this mean I can vote for Bernie next week?

This is CA. You don't even have to be a legal resident and you can still vote. And get health care. And free phones. And welfare. And housing. And freedom from being arrested. And the option to sit on jury duty.

We're a sanctuary state, baby. Get your piece of it now!