All Hail Doug Whaley! Look At All He's Done!

Astrobot

Are we really giving Whaley credit for signing Enemkpali and T.J. Barnes? That's pretty pathetic if we care considering both guys are fringe roster players in the NFL and have yet to do anything productive.

I think breaking Geno's jaw was productive... for Jets fans at least.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the post, but why the plaudits for John Miller, who was by most accounts one of the worst guards in the entire NFL last year? Starting shouldn't be a benchmark; competence should be. Otherwise, we should have been celebrating Terrence Pennington.

If one is going to praise the Ryans, why not Miller.

Still, Astro is the man! :)

does whaley's chances of keeping his job hinge on Bills making playoffs ??

maybe eliminate Cle, SD, Ten & Mia

that leaves 12 teams vying for 6 or 7 spots.

I'd put the Jets on there too until Fitz signs. They have no hope of the playoffs with Ge-NOOOOO, Petty, or Sackenberg starting for any length of time.

Bumpety-bump-bump. Mr. Whaley deserves additional kudos for putting together a draft that, on paper, appears to be one of the best the Bills have executed in years.

Nonsense! I can't wait until the almighty czar comes to the rescue. :rolleyes:

People that hate on Doug Whaley honestly baffle me. Remember Tom Donahoe? Marv Levy and freakin' Russ "I'm gonna draft Aaron Maybin" Brandon? Hearing Tom Modrak talk about mediocre talent?

Doug Whaley flipped Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes.

Doug Whaley flipped Kiko Alonso for Shady McCoy.

He signed FA Tyrod Taylor, who under Greg Roman's tutelage is the best QB we've had since Kelly (obviously TT still can improve in a number of areas). But TT did go to the Pro Bowl. When's the last time a Bills QB did that?

Since Buddy and Doug got here, the talent on this team is significantly better. We were 4-2 in the division. Other teams are signing our players (Bradham, Brooks, etc). And people who rely on one metric (DW is 17-15 as a GM) ignore all the details that going into running a franchise. People seem to think David Caldwell and the Jags are significantly better, but if you only take their record into account under Calwell he's a terrible GM, since the Jags are only 12-36 under his watch.

So after this draft, we got two 1st round talnets. Many thought Shaq Lawson would be gone at 19 and some wanted Ragland with our 19th pick. With a GM like Whaley on board, I trust Buffalo to make smart decisions while other teams make dumb ones (Like drafting a kicker in the 2nd). He lets the draft fall to us, and if there is huge value on the board, he's not afraid to move up and get it (Ragland).

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!