Mock Draft 2.0

H2o

1. St. Louis Rams (via Tennessee) - Jared Goff / QB / Cal - Jeff Fisher feels that this draft is where he gets his signal caller of the future. They go with the California boy now that they are back in LA. Hope this works out for them because the price was STEEP. (previously Mackensie Alexender prior to trade)

2. Philadelphia Eagles (via Cleveland) - Carson Wentz / QB / ND State - Spend $30,000,000 guaranteed on QB's in FA and then ransom the house to trade up for another QB? This is a Matt Millen type of move only it isn't for a WR. Good thing Philly has Schwartz to run the defense for now. At least that will be a bright spot for them. (previously Ezekiel Elliott prior to trade)

3. San Diego Chargers - Jalen Ramsey / CB / FSU - If it were me I would take Tunsil and not look back, but I have been reading reports of the Chargers passing on the draft's premier LT because they already have King Dunlap and Joseph Barksdale in the fold. Ramsey is possibly the draft's best defensive player so they are still getting a major upgrade. (previously Laremy Tunsil)

4. Dallas Cowboys - Ezekiel Elliott / RB / Ohio St. - Jerry Jones loves shiny, new toys and Elliott is a do everything RB who can be on the field for all three downs in the NFL. He's big, fast, strong, can catch the ball, and can block. He has the potential to make a big impact for this offense as a rookie with the OL they already have in place and we all know that you need 2 or 3 quality RB's in today's NFL. (previously Jalen Ramsey)

5. Jacksonville Jaguars - Myles Jack / LB / UCLA - Jack is a do everything sideline to sideline LB. He can play the run and cover. He has excellent instincts. The guy is just a great athlete and football player. It will essentially be like the Jags had two early 1st's this year as they will get Fowler back and add Jack. They also signed Malik Jackson. This team is a team on the rise.

6. Baltimore Ravens - Laremy Tunsil / OT / Ole Miss. - Ozzie Newsome drafted Jonathan Ogden back in 1996 and didn't have to worry about the LT spot for over a decade. He'll do the same thing here with Tunsil. (previously Joey Bosa)

7. San Francisco 49ers - Deforest Buckner / DE-DT / Oregon - Ahhh yes, Chip Kelly and his affinity for Oregon players. This one may actually be good fit for the defense and work out though. Buckner is an athletic freak for a guy his size and he actually has scheme versatility. (previously Laquon Treadwell)

8. Cleveland Browns (via Philadelphia) - Joey Bosa / DE / Ohio St. - The team needs pass rushers and Bosa can provide that. He is relentless in his pusuit of the QB and very disruptive coming off of the edge. The Browns have needs all over so any infusion of talent will help. (previously Jarred Goff prior to trade)

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Emmanuel Ogbah / DE / Oklahoma St. - There has been quite a bit of interaction between the team and player between workouts and meetings. Ogbah definitely fills a need on the DL and has all of the athletic ability in the world. He also was a force on the field for Ok. St. last year notching 17.5 tfl's to go along with 13 sacks and 3 FF's.

10. New York Giants - Shaq Lawson / DE / Clemson - They just spent a ton of money in FA, but they still don't know what they will get from Pierre-Paul. Shaq Lawson is excellent at what he does, disrupting offenses. Whether he is getting to the QB or stuffing a RB behind the line the guy makes plays. He had 25.5 tfl's and 12.5 sacks, That's a football player.

11. Chicago Bears - Ronnie Stanley / OT / Notre Dame - The Bears OL has been looking for something that works for a long time. You know what would work? Draft Ronnie Stanley, plug him in at LT, and don't worry about your QB's blindside again. At his floor he will be better than what they have. At his ceiling he will be an All Pro.

12. New Orleans Saints - Vernon Hargreaves / CB / Florida - The Saints secondary is turrible, juss turrible. *Charles Barkley voice* Hargreaves will help to change that. He should be a Day 1 starter for one of last year's poorest units in the league.

13. Miami Dolphins - Mackensie Alexander / CB / Clemson - The Dolphins secondary was bad last year, really bad. Vance Joseph gets a guy he can work with here on the defense. There are concerns about Alexander's lack of INT's, but he is on WR's like white on rice when healthy and on the field. The whole complexion of the NC game changed when he went off the field for Clemson. (previously Deforest Buckner)

14. Oakland Raiders - Sheldon Rankins / DT / Louisville - The Raiders haven't missed out on much this offseason, but they did miss out on Malik Jackson. They now draft a player to fill the interior defensive line. This is a team on the rise and Rankins is just another piece to the puzzle for Jack Del Rio's squad.

15. Tennessee Titans (via LA) - Jack Conklin / OT / Michigan St. - Keeping Marcus Mariota upright and giving him time in the pocket is a huge for his development. Tennessee gets a guy here who can help do just that. (previously Taylor Decker after a trade with NY Jets)

16. Detroit Lions - Jarran Reed / DT / Alabama - First go around I had them selecting Vernon Butler, DT from La. Tech. After reading up a bit it seems they have had just about as much interaction, if not more, with Alabama DT Jarran Reed. Neither would surprise me here, but still going with the Alabama product. (previously Butler)

17. Atlanta Falcons - Leonard Floyd / LB / Georgia - Dan Quinn needs guys who can get to the QB and Floyd is still on the board. He won't have to pack up and move very far going from the University of Georgia to the Atlanta Falcons.

18. Indianapolis Colts - Reggie Ragland / LB / Alabama - The Colts basically let Jerrell Freeman walk in FA, stupid move. Now they have to draft a replacement. Ragland is the top ILB prospect on the board. He is a plug and play starter for them. Easy choice. (previously Jack Conklin)

19. Denver Broncos (via Buffalo Bills) - Paxton Lynch / QB / Memphis - Elway doesn't want to come up off of the money for Colin Kaepernick despite moving Clady in a trade with the Jets. They also have to jump the Jets in the draft because they could take the QB they have been eye-balling. They lost Osweiler in FA and have been scrambling ever since. They draft Lynch and they have a guy to work with for at least the next 4 years. Elway is good with swapping first round picks with the Bills and giving up their 2nd to make this move as his team is still pretty loaded with talent across the board. (still think this happens)

20. New York Jets - Noah Spence / DE-OLB / Eastern Kentucky - The Jets have shown a lot of interest in Spence at the Senior Bowl, through meetings, and workouts. With the top 3 QB's they would have drafted off of the board they go with an edge rusher for the defense. (previously trading up for Carson Wentz)

21. Washington Redskins - A'Shawn Robinson / DT / Alabama - Robinson experiences what some might view as a draft day slide landing with the Redskins @ #21, but he lands with a team that has a need and he can make an immediate impact for.

22. Houston Texans - William Fuller / WR / Notre Dame - Hopkins is a beast. Just think if he had another threat opposite him that could take the lid off the of the coverage blanket around him. They went out and signed a big, strong armed QB and now add the elite speed threat at WR to compliment their All Pro WR. This offense has the potential to be scary next year.

23. Minnesota Vikings - Laquon Treadwell / WR / Ole Miss - Treadwell is a good fit in Minnesota as a target for Teddy Bridgewater. I believe this system is almost perfect for his skillset and he will quickly become Teddy's top target on offense. Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace didn't work out, but I strongly believe Treadwell will. (previously Josh Doctson)

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Corey Coleman / WR / Baylor - They lost Marvin Jones and Sanu in FA. Here they grab an electric WR who can play on the outside or in the slot. There has been a lot of interaction between the two so it's easy to connect the dots. (previously Jarran Reed)

25. Pittsburgh Steelers - William Jackson / CB / Houston - He absolutely lit it up at the combine and you could say he helped his stock the most out of anyone. He's fast, fluid, and showed well on the field. Pittsburgh's secondary is in need of playmakers and get themselves one here.

26. Seattle Seahawks - Kevin Dodd / DE / Clemson - Seattle seems to not place much stock in drafting OL in the first couple rounds of the draft. I bet Russell Wilson wishes they would, but instead they go for a replacement for Bruce Irvin on the defense. Dodd has a chance to really excel here with the talent around him making defenses not be able to key on any one defender. (previously Germain Ifedi)

27. Green Bay Packers - Darron Lee / LB / Ohio St. - Lee will be an ILB for the Packers who are moving Clay Matthews back to the outside. He's an extremely athletic guy to plug into the LB corps on that defense. (previously Reggie Ragland)

28. Kansas City Chiefs - Keanu Neal / S / Florida - A hard hitting Safety to pair with Eric Berry in the defensive backfield. The signing of Mitchell Schwartz allows them to wait until at least the 2nd to address the OL.

29. Buffalo Bills (via trade down with Denver and then up with Arizona) - Su'a Cravens / LB-S / USC - Whaley\Rex feel they need to get in front of Carolina to pick up that hard hitting, versatile S needed for our defense. This will only take a swap of picks in in round 3 as well. Su'a will be the in the box Safety Rex covets. He has the speed to cover TE's, but hits like a LB. He can also line up at LB if needed in the Nickel/Dime situations. (previously Darron Lee)

30. Carolina Panthers - Kendall Fuller / CB / VT - This will be the surprise pick of the 1st Round. As everyone knows, the Panthers just rescinded their Franchise Tag from Josh Norman and watched him skate all the way to the bank in Washington. Kendall Fuller is an outstanding cover CB who can be left out on an island and not get roasted. (previously Su'a Cravens)

31. Arizona Cardinals (via Buffalo) - Eli Apple / CB / Ohio St. - Mathieu is coming off of another ACL surgery and Peterson basically stands alone. They traded for Chandler Jones so a pass rusher isn't as high on the list anymore either. I think this makes a lot of sense and would also help Apple's development to be brought up by two the two CB's aforemetioned.

Rounds 2 through 6 For The Bills:

2a. Yannick Ngakoue / OLB / Maryland - He has the potential to be a beast coming off of the edge in this defense and pass rushers are at a premium in this league.

2b. (via Denver) - Adolphus Washington / DT / Ohio St. - A very disruptive player who will take over the LDE spot for the Bills. Solid against the run and gets pressure on the QB.

3. (#92 after swap with Arizona) - Spencer Drango / OT / Baylor - A solid fit for the Greg Roman scheme at RT who could also kick into a Guard spot if needed.

4a. DJ Reader / DT / Clemson - The space eater this defense needs for the middle which allows Dareus to kick back outside to the 5 Tech.

4b. Dak Prescott / QB / Miss. St. - A developmental QB they have shown a lot of interest in.

5. Antonio Morrison / LB / Florida - If not for his knee injury he would have been a 2nd or 3rd Round pick. Aggressive, HEAVY-hitting LB, but overly aggressive at times.

6a. Anthony Zettel / DT / Penn St. - He will be a rotational DE/DT in this defense, but has the chance to develop into a solid player.

6b. James Cowser / OLB / Southern Utah - Late round chance taken on another potential edge rusher.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see the bills making a trade down.......I dont know if I would trade completely out of the 1st round

- We didnt have a 1st rounder last year...these GM's even though Whaley rolled the dice with Watkins liked to make their 1st round picks.

- There really is no star power in your draft.....its a group of pretty good players

- I do see DT' as "star power" players if they have the ability to be dominate

I think Cravens is gonna be one of those guys that drops to the 2nd round......he is a "tweener" player (but I love him)

I am a bit of a coward this year on this but I have not done a mock draft....the bills could literally go so many different directions......I figure that overall the draft will be defensive.....but.....I really think a WR is absolutely a possibility and then most of the draft being defensive.

There will also be a QB.....and while its not in the first....dont be shocked if its in the 2nd....or 3rd.....that is why I want a trade down for an extra 2nd round pick.....and then most people will be upset on who the QB is.....

You're correct, we could go many different ways and they could all be rationalized. This whole crop after the top 2 is crazy to try an make a Mock Draft with. One of the tougher ones in years if you ask me. :thumbsup:

I would like to see a trade down with Denver if Lynch is there for an additional 2nd

1st - Shaq Lawson

2nd - Sua Cravens

2nd - LB Corrella?

3rd - Braxton MIller

4th - Dak Prescott

4th - Best available Right OT

Shaq Lawson gives us an immediate impact starter.....and a guy who dropped back in coverage for his team so he would be familiar with what REX likes to do

Cravens gives you a hybrid LB/S that never leaves the field.....

Corella provides instant pass rush in Rex Scheme

Braxton Miller has always been intriging to me.....he is a Percy Harvin type player...

Dak Prescott got better every year of college......

In every draft some OT falls for some reason......maybe a guy like Haag

Edited by John from Hemet

I would like to see a trade down with Denver if Lynch is there for an additional 2nd

1st - Shaq Lawson

2nd - Sua Cravens

2nd - LB Corrella?

3rd - Braxton MIller

4th - Dak Prescott

I think a lot of people are on board with the trade down scenario. Since the Bills are one spot ahead of the Jets, they and the Colts are in the prime spots for that trade. However, the Colts have the pressure of having to draft a real solid player (the Bills have a decent roster already) and the chances get much lower where the Broncos pick.

I think a trade with Denver is 50-50 right now.

Edited by 1billsfan

1st - Shaq Lawson

2nd - Sua Cravens

2nd - LB Corrella?

3rd - Braxton MIller

4th - Dak Prescott

Shaq Lawson gives us an immediate impact starter.....and a guy who dropped back in coverage for his team so he would be familiar with what REX likes to do

Cravens gives you a hybrid LB/S that never leaves the field.....

Corella provides instant pass rush in Rex Scheme

Braxton Miller has always been intriging to me.....he is a Percy Harvin type player...

Dak Prescott got better every year of college......

In every draft some OT falls for some reason......maybe a guy like Haag

I take it you are talking about Boise St. LB Kamalei Correa in the 2nd. I think Lawson will be gone by the time we pick and word is the Panthers will take Cravens if he is there @ 30, but we will see. I would take that draft all day though.

You're correct, we could go many different ways and they could all be rationalized. This whole crop after the top 2 is crazy to try an make a Mock Draft with. One of the tougher ones in years if you ask me. :thumbsup:

I don't like trading down that far and ending up with Cravens in the first, if you look at the talent we passed by after 19 that is a painful watch. Nice mock though, the write ups really give the reader some insight on how you came to your selections. You had Alexander going much higher than a lot of previous mocks iv seen and I love that. +1

Nice effort on the mock. My third and final mock of 2016 is still in development. Every time I think I have it down something else happens and throws me off. I have been pretty consistent in believing that the Redskins were going to target a corner at #21...... then Josh Norman pops free and they no longer have that need. Might radically alter the second half of my first round. Back to the drawing board.

I throw up a little in my mouth every time I see a mock with the Bills using their first three or four picks on defense. This was one of the top three or four defenses in the league a year ago. Has Wrecks really done that much damage that quickly?

I throw up a little in my mouth every time I see a mock with the Bills using their first three or four picks on defense. This was one of the top three or four defenses in the league a year ago. Has Wrecks really done that much damage that quickly?

No, free agency and the cap played a big role in it as well. Rex's scheme has something to do with it, but not all of it.

And again, all 11 starters are returning on offense. After a couple years of going hard on offense in the draft and FA. That also has something to do with it.

Crusade averted.

Maybe, but we lost some in FA, let go of others, and have guys with extensive injury histories. Bradham, Mario, McKelvin, Tarpley all gone. How will AW respond? Is KW starting to fall apart? A lot of questions on that side of the ball if you ask me. I know we have added some guys, but none of them have proven to be anything more than depth at this point in their careers.

I think the Chargers will take Tunsil. That will push the defenders even further down. Because I think the cowboys still take Elliott.

If I was the Chargers GM I would, but some reporters who are "in the know" out that way are saying Ramsey will be the pick. I think the Cowboys take Ramsey if he is on the board. The Chargers hold the key to how the chips fall. Everyone knows QB is going 1 & 2. It is the Chargers with their decision of Ramsey or Tunsil that will set off the rest of Thursday night's chain of events. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

Maybe, but we lost some in FA, let go of others, and have guys with extensive injury histories. Bradham, Mario, McKelvin, Tarpley all gone. How will AW respond? Is KW starting to fall apart? A lot of questions on that side of the ball if you ask me. I know we have added some guys, but none of them have proven to be anything more than depth at this point in their careers.

Im not necessarily saying we shouldn't go defense (well, ok, I guess I am), but there are serious needs on offense as well--RT, #2 WR, and most importantly, another QB. RB depth, too, but that can be had late.

You have to draft players that match what he is trying to do on defense

or do you just want him fired?

If I was the Chargers GM I would, but some reporters who are "in the know" out that way are saying Ramsey will be the pick. I think the Cowboys take Ramsey if he is on the board. The Chargers hold the key to how the chips fall. Everyone knows QB is going 1 & 2. It is the Chargers with their decision of Ramsey or Tunsil that will set off the rest of Thursday night's chain of events. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

smokescreen IMO (re Chargers and Ramsey)

You have to draft players that match what he is trying to do on defense

or do you just want him fired?

I'm pissed because Rex never would have been hired in the first place if he had said it would take two seasons to implement his scheme and that it would be necessary to overhaul the defensive personnel, to boot. That is emphatically not the bill of goods we were sold. Edited by mannc

I'm pissed because Rex never would have been hired in the first place if he had said it would take two seasons to implement his scheme and that it would be necessary to overhaul the defensive personnel, to boot. That is emphatically not the bill of goods we were sold.

but here in this tree we sit

so the question still remains.....

Do you want his D to succeed?

or

Do you just want him fired?