Flyover for Thursday night

Billsfed

You have to admit, Thursday night is going to be special.

I've already invited a number of colleagues over to my house for this game.

We've got a real opportunity here...to set the tone for the season on the right there on the spot.

Pegula likely has things ready to rock for the opener and you can't go wrong flying a symbol like that over a crowd that will embrace it

We've got a real opportunity here...to set the tone for the season on the right there on the spot.

Pegula likely has things ready to rock for the opener and you can't go wrong flying a symbol like that over a crowd that will embrace it

"right there on the spot" my apologies

Most of the issues now are funding. Back in the day we did the F-16 flyovers over the Ralph from Syracuse. My understanding was those flying hours would come out of the units funds. Most of us volunteered to come in on Sunday's to do it.

Now we don't have the 16s anymore, doubt you will see our Reapers doing flyovers any time soon.

Go Bills

Forgive me if I'm ignorant, but I always thought flyovers were part of training runs. The crews had to be out anyway practicing, so here, go fly over this specific spot at a specific time (which is something pilots need to learn to be good at anyway).

Forgive me if I'm ignorant, but I always thought flyovers were part of training runs. The crews had to be out anyway practicing, so here, go fly over this specific spot at a specific time (which is something pilots need to learn to be good at anyway).

They are basically advertising for the military, the same as when they recognize a veteran at a sporting event. The military pays the bill and whomever they chose to fly the plane is up to them...

Most of the issues now are funding. Back in the day we did the F-16 flyovers over the Ralph from Syracuse. My understanding was those flying hours would come out of the units funds. Most of us volunteered to come in on Sunday's to do it.

Now we don't have the 16s anymore, doubt you will see our Reapers doing flyovers any time soon.

Go Bills

the joke is AF guard must complete so many flight hours a month training. There was no, absolutely no, reason this had to stop beyond political motivations.

The big issue is $$ obviously, it costs quite a bit for a flyover. The reason for the brief stoppage was pentagon budget cuts.

they fly the planes regardless. Livinghere bear so many bases its amazing. About twice a month a c130 does a touch and go at gso. Then does a low level flight for 20-30 miles to Lexington. I would guess they fly at about a half mile or less.

The apache squad from the coast does training ops up the yadkin and pee dee all the time. And the fighters fly to the mtns for training runs and testing

They'll probably have some C-130s from Niagara Falls fly over. <_<

...and there was much rejoicing.

I was in on a Ralph flyover (and the Falls) in a C-130 last year with an open ramp. Amazing time.

post-11225-0-12348500-1461250129_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. WEO