How would you feel if the Bills traded up for Paxton Lynch?

Estro

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Tyrod's agent threw Rex and his team mates under the bus. Not a peep from "team leader" Tyrod.

Actually Tyrod did respond:

"I just focus on the stuff I can control," Taylor told Virginia's Daily Press during a youth football camp. "I'm not necessarily into the contract stuff. I let my agent handle that. I know I'm under contract for another year. Whether they choose to extend me or not, that's out of my reach right now. Like I said, I'm just focused on things I can control, and that's preparing like I've always prepared."

"I definitely think I showed what I can do, and I definitely think that I showed that I'm going to continue to get better. I improved each game. I would love to be the long-term answer but I understand the business side of it. If something happens (with the contract) this year, I'm happy for it, but if not, we'll wait it out and see what happens."

Via Buffalo Rumblings:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2016/4/6/11369248/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-contract-comments-2016-offseason

Edited by Wayne Cubed

"I just focus on the stuff I can control," Taylor told Virginia's Daily Press during a youth football camp. "I'm not necessarily into the contract stuff. I let my agent handle that. I know I'm under contract for another year. Whether they choose to extend me or not, that's out of my reach right now. Like I said, I'm just focused on things I can control, and that's preparing like I've always prepared."

"I definitely think I showed what I can do, and I definitely think that I showed that I'm going to continue to get better. I improved each game. I would love to be the long-term answer but I understand the business side of it. If something happens (with the contract) this year, I'm happy for it, but if not, we'll wait it out and see what happens."

Via Buffalo Rumblings:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-news/2016/4/6/11369248/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-contract-comments-2016-offseason

I love when the truth gets in the way of someone's crusade. Personally, I like Tyrod and think he is the franchise guy we have been looking for. Reminds me of a more humble Mike Vick and is also a better thrower imo.

Via Buffalo Rumblings:

The story link was regarding a Tyrod interview from April 2nd. His agent threw Rex and his team under the bus on April 7th. How does that work as a response to his agent's controversial comments?

The story link was regarding a Tyrod interview from April 2nd. His agent threw Rex and his team under the bus on April 7th. How does that work as a response to his agent's controversial comments?

Because his agent made comments before this as well. Does Tyrod really need to come out again and say the same thing?

I think the Bills will move on from Taylor because of this slap in the face stuff and they will have a new starting QB who will probably end up being better than what Taylor brings which is average QB play. If that's Paxton Lynch then so be it. Taylor certainly isn't a leader so let's keep looking for one at the QB position.

I think at minimum due to comments the Bills bring in another QB, probably a draftee, who is potential starter next year. They can tell Tyrod due to agent's idiotic comments and his lack of comments they are worried you may not sign extension next year or sit out if Bills use right under NFLPA agreement to tag you next year. Tyrod will be starter in camp and season but Bills need to hedge their bet.

Because his agent made comments before this as well. Does Tyrod really need to come out again and say the same thing?

Since his agent threw Rex and his team under the bus, yes Tyrod needs to state that he's either good with those comments or he's not.

so if he was in the third you'd say no?

I'd think about it, but it wouldn't be a lock

Since his agent threw Rex and his team under the bus, yes Tyrod needs to state that he's either good with those comments or he's not.

As long as he says that to the team, that's enough for me; he doesn't need to say it in the media

I think at minimum due to comments the Bills bring in another QB, probably a draftee, who is potential starter next year. They can tell Tyrod due to agent's idiotic comments and his lack of comments they are worried you may not sign extension next year or sit out if Bills use right under NFLPA agreement to tag you next year. Tyrod will be starter in camp and season but Bills need to hedge their bet.

Agreed. There will be a QB drafted within the first four picks that has 2017 starter potential.

I'd think about it, but it wouldn't be a lock

As long as he says that to the team, that's enough for me; he doesn't need to say it in the media

He kind of does, since his agent took it there in the national media.

Bills aren't bringing in another QB because of Taylor's agent comments. They will bring in QBs because there is no talent or depth behind Taylor

Why?

The team needs to know where his mind's at; the fans don't.

If someone's agent called you out nationally, would you be ok with a private "hey bud, that's just my agent trying to get me a great deal"?

That's crazy. They may say they're ok with him, but this kind of stuff tends to boil over at some point and it's usually during the season.