Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do want the Bills to draft?

• Connor Cook, MSU (Projected Round 1-2)
    • Cardale Jones, OSU (Projected Round 3-4)
    • Dak Prescott, Miss State (Projected Round 4-5)
    • Brandon Doughty, WKU (Projected Round 5-6)
    • Kevin Hogan, Stanford (Projected Round 6)
    • Brandon Allen, Arkansas (Projected Round 6-7)
    • Nate Sudfeld, IU (Projected Round 7)
    • Vernon Adams, Jr., Oregon (Projected Round 7)
    • Jake Coker, Alabama (Projected Round 7)
    • Jeff Driskell, La Tech (Projected Round 7)
    • Would prefer they don't use a draft pick and wait to sign a UDFA (i.e. Jake Rudock, UM, Marquise Williams, UNC)
    • Prefer they don't add a rookie QB at all

I voted for Hogan simply based on the presence of Taylor and the fact that Hogan played in a Pro-Style Offense at a largely focused cerebral university - Stanford - which in my mind means, the learning curve is diminished. Furthermore, I think the cost to the BILLS would be minor, i.e. a 6th round pick, while giving him a year or so to grow into the position. Personally, I think all too often QBs are viewed in similar physical standard sets as the rest of the positions, which is far more mental than physical in the overall picture. That is not to say a weak arm isn't a concern, but Chad Pennington is one that comes to mind when the mental aspect is super keen and the arm is less than NFL stellar, not saying that's the case with Hogan, just the previously mentioned attributes appeal to me more than say a Jones type of specimen.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many of the Cardale Jones voters are the same ones who were clamoring for the Bills to pick Geno Smith and his dazzling stats with the #8 pick three years ago. :rolleyes:

Theres a big difference between Geno at 8 and Cardale in the 4th. I'd have been thrilled with Geno in the 4th and I didn't really like him coming out. I thought that he was probably the best of a bad bunch.

Theres a big difference between Geno at 8 and Cardale in the 4th. I'd have been thrilled with Geno in the 4th and I didn't really like him coming out. I thought that he was probably the best of a bad bunch.

Other than that, it was a great, insightful comment.

I wonder how many of the Cardale Jones voters are the same ones who were clamoring for the Bills to pick Geno Smith and his dazzling stats with the #8 pick three years ago. :rolleyes:

Nonsense. I don't recall anyone here advocating for Geno with the 8th pick three years ago, and even if there were, I have no idea what that has to do with Cardale Jones in 2016 in any event. Bizarre.

I agree with the first sentence. I didn't like Geno coming out but as a 3rd or 4th rounder I'd have been more than happy. I didn't, however, think he was the best of a bad bunch. In a class without a first round Quarterback EJ was the guy I'd have taken a shot on if anyone. I thought the Bills made the right decision in the bad situation that they had created for themselves.

The teams that MUST draft a quarterback

Adam Schein spotlights nine teams that must seriously consider drafting a QB -- whether it be top dog Carson Wentz, potential Round 2 gem Connor Cook or developmental prospect Cardale Jones

Buffalo Bills

This will ruin my rep as a Rex Ryan critic/realist, but I totally side with him and Bills management when it comes to Tyrod Taylor. Regardless of what Taylor's agent tells you, the quarterback hasn't proven himself just yet -- and Buffalo does not have to act on demands for a long-term deal.

I like the concept of the Bills thinking about a young quarterback. And it doesn't necessarily have to be an early pick. Maybe this is the team that opts to groom Cardale Jones.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Of course there is; my point was how quickly people get enamored with a guy based on flashy (and limited) moments. I could have quarterbacked OSU to a championship two years ago with that defense and Elliott getting 9 yards a carry, yet based on that (and a total failure in 2015), he's the runaway winner of this poll.

Of course there is; my point was how quickly people get enamored with a guy based on flashy (and limited) moments. I could have quarterbacked OSU to a championship two years ago with that defense and Elliott getting 9 yards a carry, yet based on that (and a total failure in 2015), he's the runaway winner of this poll.

No one that wants Cardale in the 4th is "enamored" with him. If people were advocating for him at 19 it would be different. What the Cardale people are saying (and I am one of them) he is good value in the 4th round. In the 4th round you are getting a guy that has the tools to be one of the top QBs in this draft. The boom or bust prospect of Cardale in the 4th is good value, just like it would have been for Geno. It would not be a good decision in the 1st; there is too much risk. That is why the comparison doesn't make sense.

i didn't vote for Cardale in this poll, but your definition of "total failure" is different than mine.

Also, I think you may have selective memory on OSU's defense from two years ago

Edited by YoloinOhio

i didn't vote for Cardale in this poll, but your definition of "total failure" is different than mine.

Also, I think you may have selective memory on OSU's defense from two years ago

Maybe, but my recollection is their D dominated Wisconsin and Oregon and their running game was unstoppable in those last 3 games. I just don't see the body of work to justify the excitement. If the Bills draft him, hopefully I'm wrong.

How were Geno Smith's college stats "limited?" Didn't he play 3 full years as a starter, and get better every year? How does that relate to Cardale?

Edited by FireChan

You do not avoid the QB position. I can not believe how many people say don't waste a pick we're to desperate at other positions. Nothing like repeating the same mistakes year after year. Have some of you not learned those lessons yet. Maybe 10 more years of being a bottom feeder team will convince you then

As far as I'm concerned until we have a much better QB situation starter (Tyrod has LOTS to prove still) and backup you can forget the rest of the team. Lets face it Tyrod most likely will never be a 16 game QB. He's going to take his licks

This franchise will never be good until they solve the QB situation and depth and there is no ignoring it even for a year.

Is this considered a strong draft class as far as qbs go?

it is considered a deep class as far as the quantity of pro-style QBs who can be developed thoughout various rounds. It is not a top-heavy class that has immediate starters like 2015, 2014, 2012.

@SalSports

The Bills are going to draft a QB. But who and in what round should they do it to get value? A round-by-round look: http://www.wgr550.com/What-round-should-the-Bills-draft-a-QB-/22664207

LT: QB round projections represent where Bills would most likely have to draft him based on consensus of big boards, mocks, & my own opinion