Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?

Which QB do you want the Bills to draft?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do want the Bills to draft?

• Connor Cook, MSU (Projected Round 1-2)
    • Cardale Jones, OSU (Projected Round 3-4)
    • Dak Prescott, Miss State (Projected Round 4-5)
    • Brandon Doughty, WKU (Projected Round 5-6)
    • Kevin Hogan, Stanford (Projected Round 6)
    • Brandon Allen, Arkansas (Projected Round 6-7)
    • Nate Sudfeld, IU (Projected Round 7)
    • Vernon Adams, Jr., Oregon (Projected Round 7)
    • Jake Coker, Alabama (Projected Round 7)
    • Jeff Driskell, La Tech (Projected Round 7)
    • Would prefer they don't use a draft pick and wait to sign a UDFA (i.e. Jake Rudock, UM, Marquise Williams, UNC)
    • Prefer they don't add a rookie QB at all

Who do you think is the best player, fit for the Bills offense, fit for what the Bills want/need right now out of a rookie QB, and value? Rounds are where CBS Sports has them projected as of today, opinions may differ but I think they are probably generally accurate as to where the Bills would need to select each player. If you wish, comment with your reasons as to why you choose that QB for this specific team.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2016/QB

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While over in the Draft QB thread, I am arguing not to take Cardale Jones in the 2nd, I think in round 4 it would be OK. I *might* be able to get onboard w round 3, but that is a stretch, in my opinion.

I cut Hackenberg some slack because he played behind such a poor OL. Maybe he would play well if given a better OL and some time to rebuild his confidence.

I am not a big fan of Connor Cook, but if there in 3rd, I could understand a shot on him.

Prescott later would be OK, too

While over in the Draft QB thread, I am arguing not to take Cardale Jones in the 2nd, I think in round 4 it would be OK. I *might* be able to get onboard w round 3, but that is a stretch, in my opinion.

I cut Hackenberg some slack because he played behind such a poor OL. Maybe he would play well if given a better OL and some time to rebuild his confidence.

I am not a big fan of Connor Cook, but if there in 3rd, I could understand a shot on him.

Prescott later would be OK, too

i think each QB immediately becomes more intriguing the further they fall. I don't see Cook going in the 1st but I think he will be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd, that's just my opinion though. I think CBS is probably accurate in thinking he could go end of round 1 as there are QB-needy teams like the Jets and Broncos, as well as those with aging starters like Arizona, picking late. I do think Jones is still a Round 3-4 QB but as always you can't predict who will reach.

Nice topic Yolo!! I am similar to OldTimer, each guy is a little more intriguing the further they fall.

I kind of have 2 schools of thought. If the Bills are pretty sure that Tyrod is the guy I'd like to see someone like Hogan that is smart, can play a few games and be the long-term #2. If they aren't yet convinced Id like a high upside guy like Cardale. This give you 2 swings at a franchise guy (he and Tyrod). I can't imagine that they are convinced Tyrod CAN'T be the guy at this point. If that were the case best available.

I voted Cardale with one of their 4th round picks hopefully. I think that they aren't yet convinced so he would be my guy. FWIW, I like Driskell as a project too. I thought he was horrible at Florida but the light seemed to go off at LA Tech. He was a big time recruit and a great athlete.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Nice topic Yolo!! I am similar to OldTimer, each guy is a little more intriguing the further they fall.

I kind of have 2 schools of thought. If the Bills are pretty sure that Tyrod is the guy I'd like to see someone like Hogan that is smart, can play a few games and be the long-term #2. If they aren't yet convinced Id like a high upside guy like Cardale. This give you 2 swings at a franchise guy (he and Tyrod). I can't imagine that they are convinced Tyrod CAN'T be the guy at this point. If that were the case best available.

I voted Cardale with one of their 4th round picks hopefully. I think that they aren't yet convinced so he would be my guy. FWIW, I like Driskell as a project too. I thought he was horrible at Florida but the light seemed to go off at LA Tech. He was a big time recruit and a great athlete.

Driskell's struggles at Florida illustrate a similar scenario as to what happened with Cardale at times at OSU, but in reverse order. Driskell was recruited to run Urban's offense, then urban left and he was stuck in a different system that didn't fit his strengths. Fortunately he was able to eventually transfer but as we saw at the combine he is a really fast runner with some arm talent. As a potential backup to TT who they wouldn't need to change too much of the playbook if he had to step in, that may be intriguing.

I am going all in with TT and not wasting a pick on another project. EJ can be backup this year.

Our cap situation is forcing us to have value players that can contribute immediately. We need pass rushers and fast linebackers and another safety now. Forget the QB position for this year.

If we were able to stack the D, and still grab Jones in the 4th... whoo wee that'd be a heck of a draft. I just dont want to "Russell Wilson" him, think we can wait, and have someone else scoop him up.

Even if Tyrod does work out, and Jones looks decent, that's not a bad problem to have.