UFA Center Fernando Velasco Visited & Signed with Bills

@BuffaloBillsPR

Free agent center Fernando Velasco has arrived at One Bills Drive and is currently visiting with the @buffalobills.

@ChrisTrapasso

#Bills could use some interior OL depth, which is what Velasco would provide. Played as C well recently but was a backup. OG exp. He's 31.

@ChrisBrownBills

C/G Fernando Velasco making a free agent visit at 1 #Bills Dr. Details here: https://t.co/nNrQ4HnDdv

@ChrisBrownBills

OL Fernando Velasco has signed with #Bills. More info at http://Buffalobills.com

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloBillsPR

Free agent center Fernando Velasco has arrived at One Bills Drive and is currently visiting with the @buffalobills.

Played 116 snaps as a reserve for Carolina last year, and started 7 games in 2014 with Carolina.

He also has experience starting in Pittsburgh (11 games in 2013) and Tennessee (16 games in 2012).

Would probably be a good depth signing as a guy that would dress as the gameday interior backup, though I'm not sure if he's ever played guard.

OL Fernando Velasco visits Bills

The Bills welcomed free agent OL Fernando Velasco to One Bills Drive for a visit on Thursday.

fernando-velasco-story.jpg

The Buffalo Bills have spent a majority of time this offseason surveying the free agent landscape on the defensive side of the ball. On Thursday they hosted a free agent offensive lineman at One Bills Drive.

Free agent center/guard Fernando Velasco was meeting with members of the Buffalo coaching staff. Velasco, a veteran of 83 games in his career, has spent the past two seasons with the Carolina Panthers appearing in 27 games between 2014 and 2015 making eight starts.

Pretty decent tennis player too.

Two championships as a bantam weight as well..this guy has had a helluva life...Bo Jackson has nothing on him...lock the doors, don't let him leave without signing.

Edited by JoeF

I definitely believe the Bills will be looking to draft a guard/center in the mid-rounds. If Richie should go down, guard gets extremely thin.

We only have so many picks in the draft though

If they can get a veteran like this they can take this position off their draft board. This guy can fill in at 3 different positions.....your starters are set....and they probably have a practice squad guy and a UDFA guy.

I like this potential move. There is a OC/OG player in the guard. Utah or some western school no one remembers. 4-6 rounder type. There is also one in the later draft mocks I see a lot. I can't think of the names

I like this potential move. There is a OC/OG player in the guard. Utah or some western school no one remembers. 4-6 rounder type. There is also one in the later draft mocks I see a lot. I can't think of the names

Joe Dahl - Washington State

Isaac Seumalo - Oregon State