Would you claim this guy?

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was cut by the Browns. He was expected to be a 1st round pick in last year's draft but a knee injury caused him to slip. He will hit waivers today. With our lack of CB depth, would you try to claim him?

Yes, but I don't fully trust his agent who says he's 100 percent. Browns didn't think he was healing fast enough. But cap hit (if claimed on waivers) is only $464k in 2016. would maybe be under Top-51 so no effect on cap. Worth taking a chance on IMO.

But Chip will have a shot at him before we will, and a duck's a duck.

Who cares> He was a non-performer and we have too many of them. As a longtime season ticket holder and a forever fan, I am so tired of the picking up players off of other teams scrap heap. So we sign a guy who is not going to play because he is only $464k. My question in line with that logic is do we sign Tom Brady when he can't play to a contract because he's inexpensive? Just saying.

Who cares> He was a non-performer and we have too many of them. As a longtime season ticket holder and a forever fan, I am so tired of the picking up players off of other teams scrap heap. So we sign a guy who is not going to play because he is only $464k. My question in line with that logic is do we sign Tom Brady when he can't play to a contract because he's inexpensive? Just saying.

He was a 1st round talent who never developed in the Browns system. What 1st talent does develop in the Browns system? We can't blame him for the team's completely and utter incompetence.

dont take this the wrong way but do you know who this player is? Reason I ask is because his circumstances don't mesh with your comments...

He was a 1st round talent who never developed in the Browns system. What 1st talent does develop in the Browns system? We can't blame him for the team's completely and utter incompetence.

wasnt so much that he didn't develop in their system. He was drafted in the 7th rd to basically take a medical redshirt season due to his knee injury. He was, however, drafted by a totally different coaching staff and FO for a totally different system. They never saw him in that system to know if he developed, he's been rehabbing the entire year. I don't know if he's healthy (he says he is of course) ... Seems odd that the Browns would part with someone that young and talented on such a tiny contract so maybe there is more to the story. However I see zero risk in claiming him and a ton of potential upside. Edited by YoloinOhio

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu was cut by the Browns. He was expected to be a 1st round pick in last year's draft but a knee injury caused him to slip. He will hit waivers today. With our lack of CB depth, would you try to claim him?

Immediately. He's a talent. If his medical checks out it's a no brainer. If not, the cost in money is minimal. It would be like getting an extra draft pick with first round talent.

Tom Brady would 40 something years old. This kid is early 20's. Has no game wear and tear and has a lot of talent at a position that is important to Rex's defense. And he costs little to kick the tires on. The question is why wouldn't you? Whaley has done a good job picking up players "off the scrap heap" who have contributed. Every player is not a supposed to be a difference maker. Some players are just supposed to play a role. Nothing wrong with that. Every team in the league operates the same way.

I doubt the kid ever plays in the NFL. His injuries were severe and I doubt he'd have been released if he had a chance to overcome them. I don't think it'd hurt to put a claim in on him and bring him in for a look, but he's a very long shot.