4-20: Bills' Pre-Draft Presser with Whaley, Fisher, & Monos

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see them definitely taking a QB at 19, unless of course they pick a DB there. Then again, I feel strongly they'll go DT, however they could go LB or even DE. Safety is still a concern so they might go there at 19, still they could use another RB and might use that pick to hedge against Shady's impending 10 year jail sentence for giving lip to the Philly cops thing. So, that said, I honestly believe their pick at 19 will be the kicker from that school in Florida.

The only GM worth listening to is Tim Murray of the Sabres. He is more forthright about assessing his players and what he is actually thinking than any GM Buffalo has had in any sport. His comments about Evander Kane and what he expects of him on and off the field were revealing thoughts that you aren't going to get from most GMs in any sport.

I'm not knocking Whaley because he does what all GMs do in the NFL about what they are thinking, especially about the draft. Whaley is bright and articulate but an extended conversations replete with cliches isn't worth the bother to listen to. At least Buddy Nix was entertaining to listen to even if it was unintended.

The only GM worth listening to is Tim Murray of the Sabres. He is more forthright about assessing his players and what he is actually thinking than any GM Buffalo has had in any sport. His comments about Evander Kane and what he expects of him on and off the field were revealing thoughts that you aren't going to get from most GMs in any sport.

I'm not knocking Whaley because he does what all GMs do in the NFL about what they are thinking, especially about the draft. Whaley is bright and articulate but an extended conversations replete with cliches isn't worth the bother to listen to. At least Buddy Nix was entertaining to listen to even if it was unintended.

Kane is going to play football now? #OneBuffalo! Yeah!

I see them definitely taking a QB at 19, unless of course they pick a DB there. Then again, I feel strongly they'll go DT, however they could go LB or even DE. Safety is still a concern so they might go there at 19, still they could use another RB and might use that pick to hedge against Shady's impending 10 year jail sentence for giving lip to the Philly cops thing. So, that said, I honestly believe their pick at 19 will be the kicker from that school in Florida.

Clear, concise and definitive, all lumped together

:thumbsup:

you Sir, are upon another level.

He was all that. Cheshire grin always cracked me up

• 3 weeks later...

@WGR550

Buffalo Bills GM Doug Whaley on WGR NEXT

Whaley: "We are prepared for any scenario" "Wherever we pick and whoever we pick, we have a plan for it"

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Doug Whaley tells @WGR550 "we're open to do anything" in response to ? about moving to No. 2 pick of draft.

@hsimon62

asked about moving to # 2 in draft, Whaley said he wouldnt be adverse to doing that for the right player

@MatthewFairburn

Doug Whaley to WGR on possibility of trading for No. 2 pick: "We've proven in the past we're open to do anything."

On Tyrod:

@WGR550

Whaley: "He's in here working hard...he's doing what he can to get better."

Whaley: "Like we said from Day 1, if there is an offer that makes us comfortable, we wouldn't be averse to doing it"

Whaley on comments from Taylor's agent: "Haven't paid attention to it"

@viccarucci

Whaley on @WGR550: "More optimistic than pessimistic" about getting long-term deals done w Glenn & Gilmore.

@salmaiorana

If the #Bills are seriously considering trading up to the No. 2, that would be an all-time dumb move. Neither of those QBs is worth it

Secondly, #Bills need every draft pick they have, and more, to fill holes on the roster, especially on defense. Have you seen DE, LB depth?

@WGR550

Whaley: "Goff is a guy that we believe will be more plug-and-play"

Whaley on Hackenberg: "Unbelievable arm talent"

@hsimon62

Whaley big fan of hackenburg arm strength, size, football smarts. said LB is top heaviest position in draft. nice clump of WR's in rds 1,2

4-20: DOUG WHALEY BREAKS DOWN HACKENBERG AND DRAFT BOARD ON WGR (18:49)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I agree 100%. There's no doubt that's what the pick will be. Bank on it.

@WGR550

Buffalo Bills GM Doug Whaley on WGR NEXT

Whaley: "We are prepared for any scenario" "Wherever we pick and whoever we pick, we have a plan for it"

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Doug Whaley tells @WGR550 "we're open to do anything" in response to ? about moving to No. 2 pick of draft.

@hsimon62

asked about moving to # 2 in draft, Whaley said he wouldnt be adverse to doing that for the right player

@MatthewFairburn

Doug Whaley to WGR on possibility of trading for No. 2 pick: "We've proven in the past we're open to do anything."

On Tyrod:

@WGR550

Whaley: "He's in here working hard...he's doing what he can to get better."

Whaley: "Like we said from Day 1, if there is an offer that makes us comfortable, we wouldn't be averse to doing it"

Whaley on comments from Taylor's agent: "Haven't paid attention to it"

@viccarucci

Whaley on @WGR550: "More optimistic than pessimistic" about getting long-term deals done w Glenn & Gilmore.

@salmaiorana

If the #Bills are seriously considering trading up to the No. 2, that would be an all-time dumb move. Neither of those QBs is worth it

Secondly, #Bills need every draft pick they have, and more, to fill holes on the roster, especially on defense. Have you seen DE, LB depth?

@WGR550

Whaley: "Goff is a guy that we believe will be more plug-and-play"

Whaley on Hackenberg: "Unbelievable arm talent"

@hsimon62

Whaley big fan of hackenburg arm strength, size, football smarts. said LB is top heaviest position in draft. nice clump of WR's in rds 1,2

4-20: DOUG WHALEY BREAKS DOWN HACKENBERG AND DRAFT BOARD ON WGR (18:49)

Thanks as always deuce-six.

Whaley is dead-on about the LB class--it's Jack/Lee/Ragland at the top, and then a HUGE dropoff before you get to the Smith (due to injury)/Jones/Cravens/Perry/etc. tier IMO