LB Bruce Carter Visting Bills; Signing with the NYJ

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man. I just wanted to take a minute to welcome you to TSW and say how much I enjoy your contributions to the board. :thumbsup:

I appreciate it man! I've been following this board for years, and its always been a great source of info on the team, along with some entertaining conversations to follow. Thanks, I receive so much information on here so it's nice to be able to contribute.

so is this guy ILB for us?

Does he stay on the field in nickle/dime?

I believe in 2014, he was injured and lost some playing time, but when he got back (the Boys were in a 4-3 by 2014). Still had a successful season and he did end up focusing on playing in the nickel and special teams, and thrived.

On another note, I just read a small article from Chris Brown and remembered that Bruce was at Dallas when Big Rob was the DC. Something I like too is that Rob was just there for Bruce's first two seasons, in which he showed a lot of promise.

Edited by Clemson Bills Fan

@PFWeekly

Friday visits so far include OLB Bruce Carter to the #Bills, CB Greg Toler to the #Dolphins: http://shawurl.com/2i5o

Ce96L-VUYAAgB9W.jpg

Inside linebacker Bruce Carter will visit with the Bills, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Twitter. Carter, 28, spent last year with the Buccaneers after logging his first four years with the Cowboys, who drafted him in the second round in 2011. Carter started 24 of his 26 games in Dallas in 2012-2013 as a middle linebacker but has seen that impact slip since, starting eight games in 2014 and just three with the Bucs last season. His biggest season came in 2014, when he intercepted five passes and took one back for a score. He visited with the Jets last week.

The Bills could use some help in the middle alongside Preston Brown after finishing tied for 24th in yards per carry allowed. The 6-foot-3, 235-pound Carter isn't especially good at any one area, but he can do enough in all of them to be a decent situational presence.

I had no idea he was still in the NFL.

Huh?

He signed a 4-year, $17M deal with Tampa Bay last offseason--what did you think happened?

It would open up our ability to take Vernon Butler in the 1st......maybe go OT in the second like Marcus Spriggs

You think Marcus Spriggs would be a good pickup? He hasn't played football in 13 years and is 41 years old now

Huh?

He signed a 4-year, $17M deal with Tampa Bay last offseason--what did you think happened?

You think Marcus Spriggs would be a good pickup? He hasn't played football in 13 years and is 41 years old now

TB is one of those teams I never hear much about, like the Titans.

Do you have a scouting report on him from last year?

TB is one of those teams I never hear much about, like the Titans.

Do you have a scouting report on him from last year?

Posted it above, but the short answer is that he was miscast as a 4-3 Will...he doesn't have that type of speed or range, and thus was replaced by a younger, speedier guy in Kwon Alexander.

He's a much better fit as a 3-4 Will.

Ugh...Springs the OT

I know; just giving you a hard time is all. It's Jason Spriggs, the kid from Indiana.