3-29: Rex on NFL Network - "WE HAVE TO FINISH BETTER"

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are points this off season where I wish the Bills wouldn't talk to the press for weeks at a time. This is one of those times.

Less media "availability" benefits everyone.

It doesn't benefit Pegs and his season ticket sales goals.

There are points this off season where I wish the Bills wouldn't talk to the press for weeks at a time. This is one of those times.

Rex was very subdued in that interview, almost contrite; however, when Steve Wyche mentioned what Thurman Thomas said about Rex having "learned his lesson" from last year, Rex responded with, "I'm still gonna be me." A leopard doesn't change his spots. At some point, the bombastic buffoon in Rex will re-emerge. For now, enjoy the kinder, gentler Rex.

Rex was very subdued in that interview, almost contrite; however, when Steve Wyche mentioned what Thurman Thomas said about Rex having "learned his lesson" from last year, Rex responded with, "I'm still gonna be me." A leopard doesn't change his spots. At some point, the bombastic buffoon in Rex will re-emerge. For now, enjoy the kinder, gentler Rex.

If the team improves this year....will anyone care?

Rob Ryan the secret weapon. Who Rex cannot talk about his responsabilities. Other than making sure

The mashed potato bin is always full at the buffet table.

" we don't have depth" Why? I can think of two excellant depth players gone playing on other teams now.

Horrid cap management on a team that pays it's QB's peanuts, plays 8-8 ball shows a deeper problem

Than having just the wrong players for the mighty Ryan bros. scheme.

Edited by Best Player Available

but the league requires it....plus there's the thing called The NFL Network............

If the team improves this year....will anyone care?

Some people will, yes. I'm not one of them. I don't particularly care for his antics but I can live with them, especially if the team wins. After all, do any of us really have a choice? As a fan, you don't get a say in who they hire or fire. I wasn't thrilled with the hire but hoped/hope he does well, just like I do for anyone who dons a Bills uniform or has anything to do with their success in any capacity.

Some people will, yes. I'm not one of them. I don't particularly care for his antics but I can live with them, especially if the team wins. After all, do any of us really have a choice? As a fan, you don't get a say in who they hire or fire. I wasn't thrilled with the hire but hoped/hope he does well, just like I do for anyone who dons a Bills uniform or has anything to do with their success in any capacity.

I think you and I are on the same page on this

I dont care if Rex and Rob wear matching clown uniforms.....if the team wins on Sunday....they can do it every week.

"I'm not going to let our fans down," he said. "I'm not going to do that. I know it's been 15 years [since Buffalo reached the playoffs]. Well, get ready. We're going."

"We are going to build a bully, and we're gonna see if you want to play it for 60 minutes,"

"Fourth in the league was probably a little disappointing," he said. "I know we'll lead the league in defense."

"I think [bills fans] realize that I'm not a mediocre coach," he said. "The record may say that, especially this year -- you mentioned we had two 8-8 [records] and a couple of losing seasons and lousy seasons and whatever -- but they understand the game a lot better than you give them credit for, apparently, because I'm not a mediocre coach and anybody that thinks so, I would challenge them with that."

"I'm not going to let our fans down," he said. "I'm not going to do that. I know it's been 15 years [since Buffalo reached the playoffs]. Well, get ready. We're going."

"We are going to build a bully, and we're gonna see if you want to play it for 60 minutes,"

"Fourth in the league was probably a little disappointing," he said. "I know we'll lead the league in defense."

"I think [bills fans] realize that I'm not a mediocre coach," he said. "The record may say that, especially this year -- you mentioned we had two 8-8 [records] and a couple of losing seasons and lousy seasons and whatever -- but they understand the game a lot better than you give them credit for, apparently, because I'm not a mediocre coach and anybody that thinks so, I would challenge them with that."

Talk about delusional.

Everyone is mad at Rex and his 8-8 team. People forget things weren't supposed to go this way. Who knew our scumbag coach would opt out and essentially put us back into a somewhat rebuilding mode. We were a whole game better under Marrone with a bull **** win in NE to finish the season. Figure we would have won against jax this year if we had Tyrod under center, and the win/loss record is identical. Yet we cry as if we should be in the playoffs, something we haven't done in almost 2 decades. Which brings me to another point. Kyle orton retired...how many games did ppl think we were gonna win with EJ, or whichever bum they brought in to "compete." At least w Rex we might actually have a franchise qb. W rex we have some real coaches who want to be here, not giddy college coaches who are playing catch with Blake Bortles now. The O-line is shored up and we have an identity on offense. The defense wasn't the same, communication lacked, and players didn't seem to understand the scheme. Remove team leaders in Kyle Williams, and Aaron Williams, plus a cancerous bitchy winer crying "but our last scheme worked" in Mario Williams, and you have guys not buying in. Add a year of familiarality, the return of injured leaders (also good players), addition by subtraction with the departure of Mario, additional coaches who know the scheme inside and out. I love the Ed Reed signing, and hopefully a couple of key draft picks and I totally expect this defense to get better. If it doesn't...then we'll idk.

The team improved two years ago ... then went backwards.

so what?

I will say it again....if the team does well this year....nobody is really gonna care about Rex Ryan's antics.....which have a habit of taking pressure off his own players anyway and drawing attn to himself which can be a good thing at times.

Everyone is mad at Rex and his 8-8 team. People forget things weren't supposed to go this way. Who knew our scumbag coach would opt out and essentially put us back into a somewhat rebuilding mode. We were a whole game better under Marrone with a bull **** win in NE to finish the season. Figure we would have won against jax this year if we had Tyrod under center, and the win/loss record is identical. Yet we cry as if we should be in the playoffs, something we haven't done in almost 2 decades. Which brings me to another point. Kyle orton retired...how many games did ppl think we were gonna win with EJ, or whichever bum they brought in to "compete." At least w Rex we might actually have a franchise qb. W rex we have some real coaches who want to be here, not giddy college coaches who are playing catch with Blake Bortles now. The O-line is shored up and we have an identity on offense. The defense wasn't the same, communication lacked, and players didn't seem to understand the scheme. Remove team leaders in Kyle Williams, and Aaron Williams, plus a cancerous bitchy winer crying "but our last scheme worked" in Mario Williams, and you have guys not buying in. Add a year of familiarality, the return of injured leaders (also good players), addition by subtraction with the departure of Mario, additional coaches who know the scheme inside and out. I love the Ed Reed signing, and hopefully a couple of key draft picks and I totally expect this defense to get better. If it doesn't...then we'll idk.

Cody....that is gonna get answered this year. Some people are just expecting it to fail like they do every year.