Ongoing MMA Thread

Just watched UFC FN 85;

Really disappointed in Hector Lombard. He had that fight but totally quit out there when he didn't get the KO. He has gone the distance before and don't know why he just mailed it in, a year off is no excuse to be lazy in ones cardio. His effort out there was as pathetic as Ken Shamrock still fighting.

Really impressed with Jake Mathews who was probably down on points to Johnny Case, who hadn't lost in 12 fights, and came back strong in the 3rd to dominate and get the RN choke with 15 seconds to go. Best fight of the night.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

The guy that beat Lombard is an absolute stud.

I will bet his next 5 fights. What a fight. Great comeback from early whooping.

Magny is legit. He's come a long way from the Ultimate Fighter.

The guy that beat Lombard is an absolute stud.

I will bet his next 5 fights. What a fight. Great comeback from early whooping.

great comeback, but horrible fight because Lombard punked out

Magny is legit. He's come a long way from the Ultimate Fighter.

Definitely getting better

198921.gif

so are you on top or bottom?

About friggin time!!!

"Mixed martial arts is finally legal in New York.

After making it onto the Assembly floor for the first time in seven years, a bill to legalize MMA in New York passed with 113-to-25 vote on Tuesday; the bill needed a minimum of 76 votes.

While there was opposition -- both of the outdated and outrageous variety -- over the course of a three-hour debate from some Assembly members, it wasn’t enough to prevent the bill from passing, clearing the way for the Ultimate Fighting Championship and other organizations to hold events in the Empire State.

The UFC has already reportedly reserved a date to host an event at Madison Square Garden in November. In a release, the Las Vegas-based promotion also reiterated plans to hold four events per year in New York for the first three years after the legalization of MMA."

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/New-York-Becomes-Last-State-to-Legalize-MMA-After-Bill-Passes-Through-Assembly-102285#365QPmCxxpHrEzRY.99

@BMaz1

Gov. Cuomo today on MMA: It’s violent, but football is violent. I support it bc it’s an economic generator.

Cuomo said again that UFC has committed to do shows in NY, including Buffalo.

That's ethical " hey go ahead and kill yourself as long as we make money" nice reasoning Cuoma , D-bag

Jon Jones is a moron and seems to be finding ways not to fight.

"Jon Jones was arrested for violating his probation in Albuquerque, N.M., on Tuesday.

A search of Bernalillo Country Metro Dentention Center online records confirms at Jones was taken into custody at 10 a.m. MT. TMZ first reported that a judge issued a warrant for Jones’ arrest after the UFC light heavyweight was ticketed for drag racing, having a modified exhausted, swerving between lanes, exhibitionist driving and obscuring his license plates’s registration on March 24. In body camera video of the incident, Jones disputes the police officer’s account and calls him a “f—-ing liar” and a “pig.”

Jones is scheduled to face Daniel Cormier in a light heavyweight title rematch at UFC 197 on April 23 in Las Vegas. At the moment it is unclear if Jones will have to be removed from the card."

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/ExUFC-Champ-Jon-Jones-Arrested-for-Probation-Violation-102565#G5pW2plCAZotYKWP.99

After his wrestling Career it would be awesome to see World Freestyle Champion and 2016 NCAA Champion Kyle Snyder become an MMA fighter. There is a dearth of talent in MMA heavyweights and if I'm Dana on scouting Heavyweight wrestlers and paying them to train for the UFC.

“Kyle Snyder is the best wrestler ever.” [too soon for that]

That’s what Olympic gold medalist Jordan Burroughs wrote on Twitter Saturday night in the moments following one of the great wrestling matches in NCAA championship history.

Snyder is Ohio State’s super sophomore and reigning World Champion in the 97kg class. Snyder defeated N.C. State’s Nick Gwiazdowski 7-5 in overtime to win the NCAA heavyweight wrestling title Saturday night in New York City. It was Snyder’s first NCAA title and Gwiazdowski’s first loss in 89 matches. Gwiazdowski had won the past two NCAA heavyweight titles.

Snyder, who was outweighed by 30 pounds, rallied for a takedown in the final seconds of regulation to force overtime. Snyder then scored the winning takedown just seconds into the extra session.

“When I win something big, i don’t relax. It makes me hungrier.” Snyder said following the match. “I want it again.”

http://nbc4i.com/2016/03/20/snyder-martin-win-ncaa-wrestling-titles-for-ohio-state/

Weak. Very disappointed in the UFC. S***ing all over the title by letting McGregor get away with not having to defend his belt yet again. Hasn't had to defend his belt once and gets to chase other belts and "superfights" against a guy who's never been as good as the challenger he's ducking.

Weak. Very disappointed in the UFC. S***ing all over the title by letting McGregor get away with not having to defend his belt yet again. Hasn't had to defend his belt once and gets to chase other belts and "superfights" against a guy who's never been as good as the challenger he's ducking.

They have an interim title on the line at the same event that the champ is fighting in a division that's not his own. A champ that has been healthy and not defended his belt once. WTF? I remember McGregor and Dana claiming that Connor fighting in other weight classes wouldn't be an issue because he would be very active yet without a single defense here we are with an interim title.

And now they have Edgar fighting Aldo, which is a terrible matchup for Edgar. They've pretty much thrown everything they can in front of Edgar in an attempt to try and have Connor avoid him. I've never seen anybody have to clean out the division to get to the champ before.

One of the things that got me into MMA was that, unlike boxing, they had the top guys fighting each other all the time and fighters weren't ducking fights or giving up titles because they didn't want to defend against certain fighters. Yet here we are. :cry:

They have an interim title on the line at the same event that the champ is fighting in a division that's not his own. A champ that has been healthy and not defended his belt once. WTF? I remember McGregor and Dana claiming that Connor fighting in other weight classes wouldn't be an issue because he would be very active yet without a single defense here we are with an interim title.

And now they have Edgar fighting Aldo, which is a terrible matchup for Edgar. They've pretty much thrown everything they can in front of Edgar in an attempt to try and have Connor avoid him. I've never seen anybody have to clean out the division to get to the champ before.

One of the things that got me into MMA was that, unlike boxing, they had the top guys fighting each other all the time and fighters weren't ducking fights or giving up titles because they didn't want to defend against certain fighters. Yet here we are. :cry:

:censored: I can't believe they are doing an interim title for a healthy fighter. What a crock of s***! I think you're right. I honestly believe that this is all about ducking Frankie. They are praying that Aldo beats Frankie (like you said, a worse matchup for Frankie) so that McGregor doesn't have to take a bad matchup. Pathetic.

:censored: I can't believe they are doing an interim title for a healthy fighter. What a crock of s***! I think you're right. I honestly believe that this is all about ducking Frankie. They are praying that Aldo beats Frankie (like you said, a worse matchup for Frankie) so that McGregor doesn't have to take a bad matchup. Pathetic.

yeah that is crap, they should have made Mac defend his title before he did anything. Also if he is smart he gets serious about submission defense and gaining 10 Lbs of muscle before he moves up again.

Guess we don't have to worry about Jon "bonehead" Jones being scratched from the fight, but unfortunately Cormier is injured and OSP is tacking his place. I don't think he will be much of a challenge for Jones unless he has been slacking in training during his suspension.

"One of the most anticipated rematches in the history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship was put on hold Friday when defending light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier pulled out of UFC 197 due to a leg injury. His heated showdown with former champ Jon Jones temporarily shelved, the Las Vegas-based MMA giant has been scrambling to keep the event afloat.

On an afternoon edition of ESPN staple program "SportsCenter," UFC President Dana White announced that Ovince St. Preux will step in for the injured Cormier and take on "Bones."
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Jon-Jones-to-Face-Ovince-St-Preux-at-UFC-197-102769#G15WH1Gu5B6IHrH6.99

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.

@TheNotoriousMMA

I have decided to retire young. Thanks for the cheese. Catch ya's later.

not buying it, he will be back once those fat checks are gone.

For all the trash he talks this is a B!tch move.

She's super hot but this photo is either old or photo shopped because she's inked all down her right side.

probably old bc it's definitely her, definitely can see her in SI swimsuit issue

This is crazy. I've read that Conor wanted more money and the UFC said no.

him and Dana are buds but Dana doesn't mess around when it comes to business. Connor will find himself broke before long, with his lifestyle he will need cash soon.

Obviously cares more about fame than fighting and lost a LOT of respect for him with this move.

not buying it, he will be back once those fat checks are gone.

For all the trash he talks this is a B!tch move.

probably old bc it's definitely her, definitely can see her in SI swimsuit issue

him and Dana are buds but Dana doesn't mess around when it comes to business. Connor will find himself broke before long, with his lifestyle he will need cash soon.

Obviously cares more about fame than fighting and lost a LOT of respect for him with this move.

I dont blame any fighter wanting to be paid more than the pittance the UFC doles out each event. McGreggor was just at an event in Ireland where a fighter died. That had to be eye opening. If you are literally risking your life stepping in the cage you'd better get paid your fair worth. He sells events all by himself and while hes paid handsomely in comparison to the crap other fighters get, its still not in line with how much the UFC pockets from ppv and gate sales at events he headlines. He gets their brand on Sportscenter and talked about on radio. Those are future dollars he's earning them. I'll never look down on someone for challenging how much their employer says they are worth, even if I dont like the guy. Im guessing they settle this beef with a pay hike but not the reported 10M Connor was wanting.

Hell, I wouldnt put it past the UFC and McGreggor if this was all just a show to get their brand talked about. Free pub and when the fight is put back on it'll they'll newsjack sportsmedia again.

I dont blame any fighter wanting to be paid more than the pittance the UFC doles out each event. McGreggor was just at an event in Ireland where a fighter died. That had to be eye opening. If you are literally risking your life stepping in the cage you'd better get paid your fair worth. He sells events all by himself and while hes paid handsomely in comparison to the crap other fighters get, its still not in line with how much the UFC pockets from ppv and gate sales at events he headlines. He gets their brand on Sportscenter and talked about on radio. Those are future dollars he's earning them. I'll never look down on someone for challenging how much their employer says they are worth, even if I dont like the guy. Im guessing they settle this beef with a pay hike but not the reported 10M Connor was wanting.

Hell, I wouldnt put it past the UFC and McGreggor if this was all just a show to get their brand talked about. Free pub and when the fight is put back on it'll they'll newsjack sportsmedia again.

that would be sneaky but Dana is a straitfrorward kind of guy so I don't think so.

I think the fighters need to get paid more but it can't be all ay once. UFC and MMA is still young and doesn't have the big money that dying boxing does but they will get there. A lot of the smaller orgs tried to pay there fighters big bucks but it put them under, the UFC is the big dog now but they aren't loaded yet it will take time. I will give the UFC credit for increasing fighters pay significantly over the yrs because the fighters made squat a few yrs ago.

Connor just needs to quit being a b!tch and get in the cage. as far as I know this is only the second fighter which has died in MMA which pails in comparison to other sports.

Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA:

Ok no more games. I am going to release a statement shortly.

McGregor states that he's not retired while making excuses for why he lost his last fight. Luckily, he won't have to deal with the extra media obligations coming from being a champion if/when he finally tries to defend his belt for the first time and loses.

https://m.facebook.com/thenotoriousmma/posts/1260441947357435

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall