Liberal Protests

B-Man

15 hours ago, BillStime said:

Oh, did I hurt your feelings again?  Every opinion you don't like is a lie... why?

I hope to heaven no protester gets run over - but it WILL happen and there will more blood all over your hands.

And why do you lie? You never did acknowledge this:

"My favorite was when you explained to me how I am too stupid to understand what it is like to be a teacher last August."

I guess you're just a liar, like Alex Jones.

You get one life, and it can be complicated to make it through at times.   If a group of peaceful demonstrators blocked my safe passage to the local Walmart or a dinner with friends, I’d turn around and find an alternate route.   If all routes to my destination were blocked, I’d move on.  I’d think someone who targets a peaceful demonstration with an intent to injure, maim and kill would suffer the consequences of their actions, then again some people view a video of a police officer saving the life of a person being assaulted with a knife and think the police officer is the perpetrator of the crime and the assailant the tragic hero.  

Personally, I feel no obligation to any group of people surrounding my car, banging on the hood and threatening me.  My obligation in that case is to me and those in my car.   I have no way of knowing what the mob intends, what weapons they might possess, or what their intent would be. To be completely honest, those situations look an awful lot like a scene from The Walking Dead.   

I’d hate to be in that position, but then again, it would not be of my making to begin with.  At that point, all civilized and rational bets are off.  I believe you would feel the same and expect the law to protect you accordingly. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You get one life, and it can be complicated to make it through at times.   If a group of peaceful demonstrators blocked my safe passage to the local Walmart or a dinner with friends, I’d turn around and find an alternate route.   If all routes to my destination were blocked, I’d move on.  I’d think someone who targets a peaceful demonstration with an intent to injure, maim and kill would suffer the consequences of their actions, then again some people view a video of a police officer saving the life of a person being assaulted with a knife and think the police officer is the perpetrator of the crime and the assailant the tragic hero.  

Personally, I feel no obligation to any group of people surrounding my car, banging on the hood and threatening me.  My obligation in that case is to me and those in my car.   I have no way of knowing what the mob intends, what weapons they might possess, or what their intent would be. To be completely honest, those situations look an awful lot like a scene from The Walking Dead.   

I’d hate to be in that position, but then again, it would not be of my making to begin with.  At that point, all civilized and rational bets are off.  I believe you would feel the same and expect the law to protect you accordingly. 

And you don’t think such laws already exist?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is a lie because the dude who killed Heather Heyer would not be protected by any of the laws and you know it. The rest of what you wrote is stupid opinions.

And YOU still wont back up your accusation. Why is that Tim? Do you only lie to build a case? Isn’t that what the GQP does? Yep

34 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And you don’t think such laws already exist?

Oh, if your only point was that lawmakers often promote multiple bills and laws, with multiple redundancies and busy work to appear as if they are taking action, or often take existing legislation and attempt to improve it or change it for the greater good, we agree on that.  

It’s just weird that you went all crazy linky to White Supremacy and fostering terrorism in your prior post though.  I didn’t understand that you were mocking the guy with the tweet. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oh, if your only point was that lawmakers often promote multiple bills and laws, with multiple redundancies and busy work to appear as if they are taking action, or often take existing legislation and attempt to improve it or change it for the greater good, we agree on that.  

It’s just weird that you went all crazy linky to White Supremacy and fostering terrorism in your prior post though.  I didn’t understand that you were mocking the guy with the tweet. 

OH - I see I hit a nerve; that’s too bad. 

You’re naive to think these laws have nothing to do with White Supremacy. 

These redundant laws are noting more than red meat for an already inflamed racist red base.

I love watching you guys turn yourself into pretzels - creating these elaborate scenarios where someone driving in their 3,500 pound car is being harmed by protestors. Please source where this is happening... and then source the number of times a nut job has plowed through people.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

OH - I see I hit a nerve; that’s too bad. 

You’re naive to think these laws have nothing to do with White Supremacy. 

These redundant laws are noting more than red meat for an already inflamed racist red base.

I love watching you guys turn yourself into pretzels - creating these elaborate scenarios where someone driving in their 3,500 pound car is being harmed by protestors. Please source where this is happening... and then source the number of times a nut job has plowed through people.

The default go-to you use religiously reveals an extraordinary obsession with how your words might impact others.  If it bucks up your inner self to think ya really got to me and @Buffalo Timmy, I’m happy to help you out.  Who knows, maybe it keeps you from beating the dog. 

You posted something dopey, I responded, you veered off on a tangent and tried to recover a semblance of dignity by flipping back to the white supremacy of your dopey Twitter link.  

With respect to your request for sourcing, here are a couple that come to mind:

Apologies as the vehicle weighed a bit more than the 35hunge threshold you arbitrarily applied.

https://abc7ny.com/bikers-attack-car-bmw-attacked-flatiron-nyc-crime/9204831/

No idea on GVWR on vehicle.  

https://www.khq.com/top_video/video-angry-mob-surrounds-father-and-children-driving-in-spokane-valley/video_9062b55a-5e8a-11ea-a20a-8fa76b16f531.html

Not sure if this car was air conditioned.  Maybe if the internal cabin temp was more comfortable the folks surrounding the vehicle might have been more at ease? 

https://www.thespec.com/news/world/2016/10/03/video-angry-mob-attacks-patrol-car-with-cop-still-inside.html

Cops likely don’t qualify as people in your scenario, but vehicle is in target zone weight wise. 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/12/video-teen-mob-attacks-vehicle-in-broad-daylight-in-midtown-manhattan/

Attack by perps riding Huffy Davidson’s. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The default go-to you use religiously reveals an extraordinary obsession with how your words might impact others.  If it bucks up your inner self to think ya really got to me and @Buffalo Timmy, I’m happy to help you out.  Who knows, maybe it keeps you from beating the dog. 

You posted something dopey, I responded, you veered off on a tangent and tried to recover a semblance of dignity by flipping back to the white supremacy of your dopey Twitter link.  

With respect to your request for sourcing, here are a couple that come to mind:

Apologies as the vehicle weighed a bit more than the 35hunge threshold you arbitrarily applied.

https://abc7ny.com/bikers-attack-car-bmw-attacked-flatiron-nyc-crime/9204831/

No idea on GVWR on vehicle.  

https://www.khq.com/top_video/video-angry-mob-surrounds-father-and-children-driving-in-spokane-valley/video_9062b55a-5e8a-11ea-a20a-8fa76b16f531.html

Not sure if this car was air conditioned.  Maybe if the internal cabin temp was more comfortable the folks surrounding the vehicle might have been more at ease? 

https://www.thespec.com/news/world/2016/10/03/video-angry-mob-attacks-patrol-car-with-cop-still-inside.html

Cops likely don’t qualify as people in your scenario, but vehicle is in target zone weight wise. 

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/12/video-teen-mob-attacks-vehicle-in-broad-daylight-in-midtown-manhattan/

Attack by perps riding Huffy Davidson’s. 

And how did the EXISTING laws impact all of the wonderful examples above? How many people in their cars died that day?  

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Putin couldn't be more proud of its local staff

what aspects of protesting are being criminalized? Looks to me like they are trying to criminalize or stiffen penalties for the bad actor behavior like what happened in ‘the DEADLY insurrection...’ 

that’s a good thing isn’t it? Or are you saying those capital rioters were exercising free speech assaulting officers and vandalizing the capital?  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And how did the EXISTING laws impact all of the wonderful examples above? How many people in their cars died that day?  

You’re getting turned around here, like a blindfolded monkey in a barrel.  Are you back to the redundant law issue?  We already agreed that can be a real kick in the nuts. 

Why don’t we do this, you tell me specifically the white supremacy clause and language that’s got the burr under your saddle.  That should be very easy to do as it’s your argument.  I provided links as requested, how about you help us both out.  

As to your follow up question on angry mobs and such, I appreciate your perspective that one should not defend oneself until seriously injured or dead.  It is true that Reginald Denny survive the assault with only serious injuries.  You’re free to proceed accordingly and I hold no malice towards you and your sacrifice.   I’d simply choose to carve a different path. 

You’re getting turned around here, like a blindfolded monkey in a barrel.  Are you back to the redundant law issue?  We already agreed that can be a real kick in the nuts. 

Why don’t we do this, you tell me specifically the white supremacy clause and language that’s got the burr under your saddle.  That should be very easy to do as it’s your argument.  I provided links as requested, how about you help us both out.  

As to your follow up question on angry mobs and such, I appreciate your perspective that one should not defend oneself until seriously injured or dead.  It is true that Reginald Denny survive the assault with only serious injuries.  You’re free to proceed accordingly and I hold no malice towards you and your sacrifice.   I’d simply choose to carve a different path. 

These laws are designed to suppress those protesting racism, white supremacy and demanding police accountability.

Don't hold your breathe.  I've been waiting weeks for him to tell me what aspects of GA SB-202 are racist.  He got so tired of me asking and not being able to answer it appears he has blocked me.  Can't debate?  Can't admit defeat?  Plug your ears.  

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

These laws are designed to suppress those protesting racism, white supremacy and demanding police accountability.

Please point out what part of the law specifically targets protests against racism only?  

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

And YOU still wont back up your accusation. Why is that Tim? Do you only lie to build a case? Isn’t that what the GQP does? Yep

You are lying because you know these laws will not help someone who plows into a crowd of protesters that way. I am confused about how else I would back it up.

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You’re flapping your yap, but providing no text, wording or even legal analysis to support your position.  

I understand it’s fun to just toss crap against the wall, but I beseech you:  Help me understand what you see. 

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Don't hold your breathe.  I've been waiting weeks for him to tell me what aspects of GA SB-202 are racist.  He got so tired of me asking and not being able to answer it appears he has blocked me.  Can't debate?  Can't admit defeat?  Plug your ears.  

Please point out what part of the law specifically targets protests against racism only?  

I know, but I’m back and forth having some hardwood floors refinished so I’m bored, or “board” as those folks say! 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You are lying because you know these laws will not help someone who plows into a crowd of protesters that way. I am confused about how else I would back it up.

For a teacher, you have really poor reading comprehension. You make an accusation about me and I've asked several times for you to back it up... 

On 4/14/2021 at 11:30 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

My favorite was when you explained to me how I am too stupid to understand what it is like to be a teacher last August.

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re flapping your yap, but providing no text, wording or even legal analysis to support your position.  

I understand it’s fun to just toss crap against the wall, but I beseech you:  Help me understand what you see. 

I know, but I’m back and forth having some hardwood floors refinished so I’m bored, or “board” as those folks say! 

So, out of the blue - red states are passing laws that basically criminalize protests?  Are these laws not a direct result of the BLM protests that have been happening around the country? 

In Oklahoma - A motor vehicle operator who unintentionally causes injury or death to an individual shall not be criminally or civilly liable for the injury or death, if:ENR. H. B. NO. 1674 Page 3 1. The injury or death of the individual occurred while the motor vehicle operator was fleeing from a riot, as defined in Section 1311 of Title 21 of the Oklahoma Statutes, under a reasonable belief that fleeing was necessary to protect the motor vehicle operator from serious injury or death; and 2. The motor vehicle operator exercised due care at the time of the death or injury.

These anti riot bills are aimed at punishing rioters and absolving the drivers who may hit them. Who decides "reasonable belief" in this situation?

This is nothing more than a green light for nut jobs to plow through people - and it will happen - just wait and see.

People in Brooklyn Center feel differently about riots and looting than people in DC. 

“The respondents closest to the “unrest” aren’t very tolerant of the idea that riots and looting are acceptable forms of protest.

In fact, they suggest the people who are doing those things are outside agitators and opportunists. Meanwhile, the folks who answered in DC repeatedly defend rioting as the last means of expressions for groups trying to make a point.”

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2021/04/27/daily-caller-people-in-brooklyn-center-feel-differently-about-riots-and-looting-than-people-in-dc-n386307

39 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So, out of the blue - red states are passing laws that basically criminalize protests?  Are these laws not a direct result of the BLM protests that have been happening around the country? 

In Oklahoma - A motor vehicle operator who unintentionally causes injury or death to an individual shall not be criminally or civilly liable for the injury or death, if:ENR. H. B. NO. 1674 Page 3 1. The injury or death of the individual occurred while the motor vehicle operator was fleeing from a riot, as defined in Section 1311 of Title 21 of the Oklahoma Statutes, under a reasonable belief that fleeing was necessary to protect the motor vehicle operator from serious injury or death; and 2. The motor vehicle operator exercised due care at the time of the death or injury.

These anti riot bills are aimed at punishing rioters and absolving the drivers who may hit them. Who decides "reasonable belief" in this situation?

This is nothing more than a green light for nut jobs to plow through people - and it will happen - just wait and see.

You’ve stitched together quite a patchwork of random musings and supposition here, but ultimately you just have an ugly sweater that doesn’t fit.   

Yes, I would assume that the riots, chop zones, death and destruction precipitated changes to the law.  We’ll gloss over the fact that many, many involved in the riots were white if it makes you feel better, but you’ve provided none of the the racially suggestive language you seem to imply is obvious. 

Still, your angle seems to be you have to die to be lawfully able to protect yourself while fleeing, and that’s a non-starter for me.  

Leh-nerd Snopes  rates your claim  “FALSE”. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillStime said:

do you not know the meaning of the word unintentional?  Kind of important in your post.