Liberal Protests

B-Man

Many people forgetting if defund the police whos going to protect us from rob our places, shooting people. As well as gang and mobs more controlling. Plus all the illegal drugs.  Easier to rob the government as well. (hope not)

Agree with lots of things but we do need police.  

Before any doubter says anything my mother and I take all kinds of people to store and hangout with them as good people and friends. Trust in morals, honor and respectful people. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

After a week of criminals destroying cities and Dem governors and mayors did nothing about it, people think that the country is out of control?  Amazing.

the funny part is you trump supporters think those liberal mayors and governors are on our side, but they aren't. we are against them too. there needs to be a complete shake up of the political party in america and we will get there eventually .step 1 is to remove trump out of office. 

its almost 2021 and we still have a 2 party system in america, its a complete joke. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Many people forgetting if defund the police whos going to protect us from rob our places, shooting people. As well as gang and mobs more controlling. Plus all the illegal drugs.  Easier to rob the government as well. (hope not)

Agree with lots of things but we do need police.  

Before any doubter says anything my mother and I take all kinds of people to store. Trust in morals, honor and respectful people. 

first of all, defending police does not mean they go away, how do you not understand this?

i means not giving them billions of dollars to spend when they absolutely have no use for that money, and we need to pay them less. put that money towards education and infrastructure in towns/cities. your precious cops aren't going anywhere calm the f down  

Edited by Penfield45

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

first of all, defending police does not mean they go away, how do you not understand this?

i means not giving them billions of dollars to spend when they absolutely have no use for that money, and we need to pay them less. put that money towards education and infrastructure in towns/cities. your presious cops aren't going anywhere calm the f down 

Right some people out there get to me says get rid of them all.  Just don't get it. Ya man I have disabilities. Born  wiith it. all the police around here  (live at)have been nice. Take me home and stuff. A mexican here really good guy. (police) Love seeing him.

Agree with education and infrastructure. Those are pretty important.

I felt bad for George Floyd. Many people out there.  The old guy pushed over in Buffalo. Those police deserve some punishment and face the law.   I'm pretty open minded.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

The progressive mantra: "give us more stuff. We'll behave then and not ask for more. We promise."

what the actual ***** is wrong with you. like honestly how dumb can you people get????

so you are against better education for your children/grandchildren? the american education system is totally broken, but yes lets keep funding police millions on millions for what exactly? Why do you want police to be so over funded? you have not answered this question yet and I'm waiting. 

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

what the actual ***** is wrong with you. like honestly how dumb can you people get????

so you are against better education for your children/grandchildren? the american education system is totally broken, but yes lets keep funding police millions on millions for what exactly? Why do you want police to be so over funded? you have not answered this question yet and I'm waiting. 

...don't think anyone could lower their explanation to your level of incomprehension.....we have Sunday's "posting child".....

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

The education system is not totally broken. 

Just now, Penfield45 said:

when teachers are buying their own supplies and kids are being denied lunch bc they can't afford it, yes...it is. 

I would agree that in some communities the education system is failing but it is more attributed to the parents. My neighbors are City of Rochester teachers and they get nothing from parents. 120 students and maybe 1 or 2 parents show up to parent teacher meetings, no call backs, no emails answered, no shows by students, etc.

It's not for lack of erasers that the school is failing. As far as the lunches go, I know that the schools were delivering meals by bus during the coronavirus portion of the school year. Kids were getting meals everyday.

A math teacher at one of the city high schools sent out an assignment to his classes and got like 5 responses.

It is a cultural issue.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

the funny part is you trump supporters think those liberal mayors and governors are on our side, but they aren't. we are against them too. there needs to be a complete shake up of the political party in america and we will get there eventually .step 1 is to remove trump out of office. 

its almost 2021 and we still have a 2 party system in america, its a complete joke. 

As soon as trump is voted out of office, the media narrative will change and these kinds of policies will lose support.

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It worked so well in 2016

EZ6k95bWsAMMm9f?format=jpg&name=360x360EZ6k95iWsAEQI0G?format=jpg&name=360x360

?

What seems to me to be bigger news than Colin Powell’s endorsement of Joe Biden is the way he calls out Republican senators and others who normalize the president’s actions. This focus on other elected officials is an increasing part of the anti-Trump movement.

26 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

i means not giving them billions of dollars to spend when they absolutely have no use for that money, and we need to pay them less. put that money towards education and infrastructure in towns/cities. your precious cops aren't going anywhere calm the f down  

Typical dishonest argument: "The word we're using doesn't mean what you think it means -- and even though half the people shouting 'DEFUND' the police mean exactly that, I don't and you're dumb for not understanding!" 

:lol: 

That's how you know they've lost. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

I don't believe anyone is anti-education.  Society benefits from a well education population.

We can also agree that it is broken.  The US spends more on education with less results.  Yes, broken.

Now why is it broken?  The liberal policies of the last 50 years have not improved the outcomes.  So you are advocating changing those policies - again we can agree.

Other than spend $, what do you recommend?

Let me start - I was on a school board (unpaid) for 10 years with 6 as VP or President.  First thing I would change is the regulations that are imposed on districts with no benefit to the educational result.   These are not student oriented but in fact hurt the children.  Simplify and give the control back to the local communities to tailor a program that meets those needs.  What works in a rural district will not work in a suburban or urban district.

OK - your turn.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, meazza said:

As soon as trump is voted out of office, the media narrative will change and these kinds of policies will lose support.

The proof is in the candidate they're choosing to run. 

Biden has been in office over 40 years, he was the author of the Crime Bill -- the bill that did more to tilt the system against poor, black, and brown people than any other piece of legislation since Reconstruction. He's the architect of the "systemic racism and injustice" they are decrying in our system. And now, after two weeks of screaming to the heavens about this problem, the DNC expects the same people to just forget that truth about Joe and turn up to vote for him? 

Nah. Won't work. 

But it shows just how disingenuous many people's outrage is. Anyone who's outraged over this topic who is still supporting Biden for president is either deeply stupid, deeply dishonest -- or such a partisan that they've abandoned all pretense of intelligence or honesty. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Typical dishonest argument: "The word we're using doesn't mean what you think it means -- and even though half the people shouting 'DEFUND' the police mean exactly that, I don't and you're dumb for not understanding!" 

:lol: 

That's how you know they've lost. 

dishonest.. lost... it’s a game for you 

34 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Then who do you support?  And do not tell me AOC.

9 minutes ago, Needle said:

I would agree that in some communities the education system is failing but it is more attributed to the parents. My neighbors are City of Rochester teachers and they get nothing from parents. 120 students and maybe 1 or 2 parents show up to parent teacher meetings, no call backs, no emails answered, no shows by students, etc.

It's not for lack of erasers that the school is failing. As far as the lunches go, I know that the schools were delivering meals by bus during the coronavirus portion of the school year. Kids were getting meals everyday.

A math teacher at one of the city high schools sent out an assignment to his classes and got like 5 responses.

It is a cultural issue.

There are about a dozen black kids from Hartford who are bused into our (excellent) public school.  The vast majority don't care to be there and learn.