Liberal Protests

B-Man

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Still waiting for your examples of how “Obama definitely fanned the flames and set race relations back to before the '60s. For a man that could have united, he definitely was the great divider-in-chief.”

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

cmon, you can do the math when it comes to Covid, but not when it comes to this situatiion. Thats just intellectually dishonest.

Besides that, how many of these incidents happen without a camera present and never get reported? 

Just like in the pandemic, two things can be true ....

yes, there is a problem systemically across the board..even if only 5% of police are bad, but they are allowed to operate without any consequences, that is a systemic problem. 

Yes, the idiots rioting and causing mayhem and propagating violence are to be condemned, and should be dealt with harshly and  to the full extent of the law.

What math is he missing?

I agree two things can be true. It can be true that there are other conversations to be had about policing and race relations in America  and also true that the “racist police are always killing innocent black people because they’re racist”  narrative is completely media driven. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

What math is he missing?

I agree two things can be true. It can be true that there are other conversations to be had about policing and race relations in America  and also true that the “police are always killing innocent black people” narrative is completely media driven. 

In what way is it media driven? Are you saying it should be ignored by media or they are just exagerating the extent? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Still waiting for your examples of how “Obama definitely fanned the flames and set race relations back to before the '60s. For a man that could have united, he definitely was the great divider-in-chief.”

You'd probably get responses if you weren't a bot programmed spam machine. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

cmon, you can do the math when it comes to Covid, but not when it comes to this situatiion. Thats just intellectually dishonest.

Besides that, how many of these incidents happen without a camera present and never get reported? 

Just like in the pandemic, two things can be true ....

yes, there is a problem systemically across the board..even if only 5% of police are bad, but they are allowed to operate without any consequences, that is a systemic problem. 

Yes, the idiots rioting and causing mayhem and propagating violence are to be condemned, and should be dealt with harshly and  to the full extent of the law.

How many cops are killed by black suspects? How many cops are killed by white suspects? Is there any context behind the numbers of people, both white and black, that are killed by police? The fact that people love making the statement that x percentage of people are killed by cops, without any context whatsoever, THAT is intellectually dishonest. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

What math is he missing?

I agree two things can be true. It can be true that there are other conversations to be had about policing and race relations in America  and also true that the “police are always killing innocent black people” narrative is completely media driven. 

this math..the same that says yep cases are up 3%, but tests are up 12%...

Victims were majority white (52%) but disproportionately black (32%) with a fatality rate 2.8 times higher among blacks than whites. Most victims were reported to be armed (83%); however, black victims were more likely to be unarmed (14.8%) than white (9.4%) or Hispanic (5.8%) victims

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6080222/

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not from me. I have him on ignore and would have never known he quoted me without someone else quoting him.

And that’s exactly why I persisted.

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Let’s go @Buffalogal - let’s hear all the examples on how “Obama definitely fanned the flames and set race relations back to before the '60s. For a man that could have united, he definitely was the great divider-in-chief.”

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

How many cops are killed by black suspects? How many cops are killed by white suspects? Is there any context behind the numbers of people, both white and black, that are killed by police? The fact that people love making the statement that x percentage of people are killed by cops, without any context whatsoever, THAT is intellectually dishonest. 

the number of people killed by the police in custody by race vs the percentage of that race in the population of the population is in fact...fact. The number killed while armed by race is in fact..fact. 

Does not diminish at all what officers are faced with on a daily basis. But @SoCal Deek in one thread wants to use numbers as facts..and understands percentages etc, but is this thread chooses to ignore them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

this math..the same that says yep cases are up 3%, but tests are up 12%...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6080222/

You forgot those quote from that study:

“Fatalities resulting from LE action are included without regard to whether the death was intentional or legally justifiable.”

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

You forgot those quote from that study:

“Fatalities resulting from LE action are included without regard to whether the death was intentional or legally justifiable.”

Never made any qualification one way or the other...and i used that study as it is peer reviewed..newer numbers out there. 

Is your argument based on this statement that most likley the deaths of black people was  more " legally justifibale" than white people?

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

the number of people killed by the police in custody by race vs the percentage of that race in the population of the population is in fact...fact. The number killed while armed by race is in fact..fact. 

Does not diminish at all what officers are faced with on a daily basis. But @SoCal Deek in one thread wants to use numbers as facts..and understands percentages etc, but is this thread chooses to ignore them.

Numbers are numbers. If you, or anyone, wants to actually know the extent of the problem, you will actually look past the numbers. The numbers say people are killed. But, isn’t the why just as important? Is there a problem? Yes. One death is a problem. The narrative that black people are killed indiscriminately by racist cops is complete garbage. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why do you and other libs worry about Trump's health?  Many of you were fine voting for someone with a half-dead heart (Bernie) and many are now fine voting for someone with a half-dead brain (Biden)

Because 8 years under a black President wasn't enough time to get it done...

I’m not worried about Trump’s health.  He’s the “healthiest president ever,” remember?  I’m worried about the message his obesity sends to the rest of the world.  I don’t want people like Putin to think that he’s lazy and soft.  I’m also concerned about his commission of the deadly sin of gluttony.  There are a lot of starving people in the world, and I worry that Trump dishonors the Holy Spirit by dishonoring his body.  I also worry for Trump’s apostles, who dishonor their fathers by commiserating with that glutton. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Numbers are numbers. If you, or anyone, wants to actually know the extent of the problem, you will actually look past the numbers. The numbers say people are killed. But, isn’t the why just as important? Is there a problem? Yes. One death is a problem. The narrative that black people are killed indiscriminately by racist cops is complete garbage. 

who has said that in this thread? But to look at the numbers at say black folks die at a rate 2.8% greater rate than white people and deny there may be a systemic issue is putting your head in the sand. 

Let me ask you this way, what do you ascribe that increase in rate to?

23 minutes ago, GG said:

Hoax.  There are no reasonable responses to that point because the initial premise was (surprise, surprise) BS.  Everyone knows it.